Story Designer in WWE 2K14?

Dansun

I'm sure this have been asked before, but I couldn't find a thread for it. Sorry if I missed it.

Anyway, I just found out that Hulk Hogan and Andre The Giant will be in this game. Together with Randy Savage and Ultimate Warrior, this game is really making me want to pre-order it. But before I do that, I just want to know if anyone has any news on wether or not Story Designer Mode will be included in WWE 2K14? It is by far the mode I play the most and thought that it was a big improvement in WWE '13 over WWE '12, especially in terms om scenes available (it had issues, of course, like no mat sounds during matches etc) and my mind is already creating ideas for stories I can create with Hogan, Savage, Warrior and Andre.

So, will Story Designer be included in WWE 2K14? Anyone know?

Waste of a feature but it'll likely and most unfortunately make a comeback this year.

a waste !? please explain yourself !

A waste, as in, there's not really a good use for it. Making stories takes forever and the ones people make to download suck. Its just my opinion...if you guys managed to find a use for it, great.

Waste of a feature but it'll likely and most unfortunately make a comeback this year.

A waste, as in, there's not really a good use for it. Making stories takes forever and the ones people make to download suck. Its just my opinion...if you guys managed to find a use for it, great.

I agree with this. Creating stories takes many hours and many stories on Community Creations do suck. But I'm still having fun with it and do hope that it will be included this year too!

Then again, it depends on which stories you download. I would usually check the rating/review-system of the stories I had downloaded in the past so it was rare for me to have actually invested my time in a crappy story.

However, you could be right since stories do take a long time to craft well so a lot of people just usually mess around with the mode and upload their stuff online.

They shouldn't remove it, but just improve it. Before I never used to use it as much until '13 me and a friend would make our own story of five Lebanese guy's calling themselves the 'Habibs' random shit but it passes time and is fun to make.

Storyline Designer isn't useless at all. It's a very good mode to play around with and sure you'll end up with people who make shit stories that are only cut scenes of wrestlers they hate trying to kill themselves but their is alot of good storylines on CC too.

I certainly enjoy the mode anyway sure it takes months to get things right such as the type of scene, how you want it to look, what wrestler's to use, what you want them to say, etc but when it's finished and people are playing and enjoying it then it's well worth the time and effort IMO.

I just hope if it's still around they add the show theme songs back in. I understand they might have license issues with musicians or whatever but surely WWE can help sort that out seeing as it's being taken from their shows.

We live by a code here: Never remove, only improve.

I've seen good stories (though I haven't had the chance or time to sit down and create/upload a complete story). This year, however, that's on my to-do list.

Fingers crossed that they give this mode some love and not totally ignore it. Last year they gave it tacked on additions which, I feel, they need to make up for.

:cool:

We live by a code here: Never remove, only improve.

I've seen good stories (though I haven't had the chance or time to sit down and create/upload a complete story). This year, however, that's on my to-do list.

Fingers crossed that they give this mode some love and not totally ignore it. Last year they gave it tacked on additions which, I feel, they need to make up for.

:cool:

Longevity that's the word.........I used the Create a Storyline feature on WWE12, all the way until WWE13 was released, and I am still using the feature in WWE13, despite it's flaws, which need to be fixed.

Previous version of the WWE Games which did not have it, by no means kept me occupied for half as long.

For Example Season/Career Mode: What does it consist of.........contuinuous run of matches eventually leading to you becoming World Champion........but then what, if you're good at the game, you're not going to lose the championship, and so it gets boring just playing matches with no target.

WWE Universe: Again, it's just a continuous run of matches, with the odd cut scene every now and again, it's not YOUR Universe, because the game decides what to do with your Superstars, all of a sudden there's a Heel turn, but what does that mean really, the only indication you get is the audience boo him, and what if you didn't want that guy to turn Heel, the game decides everything, and as indicated it becomes simply a card of matches.........play thoise matches.......repeat next show.

And then theres the Attitude Era/ Road to Wrestlemania/30 Years of Wrestlemania.........these are fun to play through, unlock Superstars etc.........but once it's played through.........do you really want to play it again........maybe you do.....so you play it twice...........will you play it a third time?

And that's why the word Longevity runs true with Create a Storyline.........although that's just my opinion.......and I'm a staunch supporter of this feature.........and if I'm to purchase, it NEEDS to be in.

Longevity that's the word.........I used the Create a Storyline feature on WWE12, all the way until WWE13 was released, and I am still using the feature in WWE13, despite it's flaws, which need to be fixed.

Previous version of the WWE Games which did not have it, by no means kept me occupied for half as long.

For Example Season/Career Mode: What does it consist of.........contuinuous run of matches eventually leading to you becoming World Champion........but then what, if you're good at the game, you're not going to lose the championship, and so it gets boring just playing matches with no target.

WWE Universe: Again, it's just a continuous run of matches, with the odd cut scene every now and again, it's not YOUR Universe, because the game decides what to do with your Superstars, all of a sudden there's a Heel turn, but what does that mean really, the only indication you get is the audience boo him, and what if you didn't want that guy to turn Heel, the game decides everything, and as indicated it becomes simply a card of matches.........play thoise matches.......repeat next show.

And then theres the Attitude Era/ Road to Wrestlemania/30 Years of Wrestlemania.........these are fun to play through, unlock Superstars etc.........but once it's played through.........do you really want to play it again........maybe you do.....so you play it twice...........will you play it a third time?

And that's why the word Longevity runs true with Create a Storyline.........although that's just my opinion.......and I'm a staunch supporter of this feature.........and if I'm to purchase, it NEEDS to be in.

i dont really like story designer ... i dont use it .... but you got some solid point here .

Archived