Breaking Bad

Lunchbox

Was really worried they were going to try and turn Walt back in to an anti-hero after the first 15 minutes. People will still somehow root for him though. Hank got a great send off, Gomez not so much.

walt IS the anti-hero still, he took the baby and made the phone call threatening to give his wife a reason to hate him and because it shows the cop he was abusive even though he wasnt, and it allows skylar an allaby and a way out while he finishes buisness, that is why he dropped off the kid. He tried to save hank, he really did. hanks pride is what killed him.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was really worried they were going to try and turn Walt back in to an anti-hero after the first 15 minutes. People will still somehow root for him though. Hank got a great send off, Gomez not so much.

walt IS the anti-hero still, he took the baby and made the phone call threatening to give his wife a reason to hate him and because it shows the cop he was abusive even though he wasnt, and it allows skylar an allaby and a way out while he finishes buisness, that is why he dropped off the kid. He tried to save hank, he really did. hanks pride is what killed him.

He was abusive. He had kept Skylar and the family at their home against her will, was mentally abusive and forced himself on her at one time. Hanks pride didn't kill him. That's absurd. The show even tells us that Jack made his mind up and no matter how much Walt tried to make up for his mistake Hank was gone. Hank got killed because Walt is a drug kingpin, who got the Aryans involved and is a horrible person. He then tried to shift the blame on to Jesse to make himself feel better. Nice guy sending Jesse in to servitude, torture and what he assumed was death.

..Best episode of anything I've ever seen in my life-

I've been thinking about how this show will hold up over the years. Like...will we be talking about Breaking Bad 20 or 30 years from now? If I have a kid, and he's like "dad, what did you watch when you were younger?" Will I be like "well...there was this show about crystal meth"...:lol:

Having re watched the episode, the phone call Walt made to Skylar at the end of the episode was pretty significant. Basically managed to clear her of all charges. Pretty clear he knew the police were there as well otherwise he'd not have needed to destroy the phone. Yet another selfless act by the great man to save his family.

Having re watched the episode, the phone call Walt made to Skylar at the end of the episode was pretty significant. Basically managed to clear her of all charges. Pretty clear he knew the police were there as well otherwise he'd not have needed to destroy the phone. Yet another selfless act by the great man to save his family.

I never thought of it like that gonna have to re watch it myself.

Walt is a legend.

I don't think i have ever been as emotionally invested into a show. I almost lost it when Walt Jr defended Skylar and when Holly was crying in the fire truck.

I was a emotional wreck whenever I saw her upset, I got all protective :P

After Ozymandias, I wasn't expecting a huge episode -- I got what I expected; a slow, cooling down episode. I love how Heisenberg tries to intimidate and make choices for Saul and how it falls flat on his face, with Saul dashing out of there. I kind of hate how Walter Jr is acting towards Walt, however. If he heard the whole story from his side, maybe he would feel different, but I'd at least give him a chance to explain himself.

Skylar seems like she's in some shit and with Jesse... WOW! Poor Jesse!

I didn't have a favorite scene in this episode, but I'd say the ending of the episode makes up for the slow build-up. I just wonder why he would do what he did with that phone call.

I mean, he has reason to be because of everything that transpired (also, he believes that his dad off'ed his Uncle) not to mention that he is the son of America's most wanted. Flynn wasn't a popular person to begin with and with his dad being his chemistry teacher (or at least working in the same school as him), he'd remembered as "That drug kid", so his dad even with good intentions, ruined a lot of his life.

I would've taken the cash though. Then again, hiding it while being under police surveillance is tricky.

EDIT: But look at it from Flynn's perspective/pretend that you DON'T know single detail on Walt's transformation to Heisenberg. Does Walt deserve forgiveness?

Archived