Breaking Bad

Lunchbox

I kind of expected Hank to be backed in to a near impossible situation when he found about the medical bills, but I didn't think Walt would go as far as he did with that lie. Quite interesting how now Jesse has taken over as the biggest threat to Walt now (for the time being anyway), though obviously the flashback in the first episode suggests he wont burn the house down. The dynamic between the three of them will be pretty cool, not sure which way they'll take it. A little thing I picked up on was the guy that was with Todd wiping some blood off his shoe. Maybe a sign of some sort of culpability? And that it could be Todd who ends up getting Hank back in a position in which he can get a case against Walt?

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crazy episode for sure.

I was initially confused about why Jesse was holding his cigarettes and flipping out...but I figured it out before he refused to get on the van. Shit's about to get real.

SAme here.

Jesus that ending!

I know, my reaction looked just like your avatar!

Crazy episode for sure.

I was initially confused about why Jesse was holding his cigarettes and flipping out...but I figured it out before he refused to get on the van. Shit's about to get real.

SAme here.

Jesus that ending!

I know, my reaction looked just like your avatar!

Lol. Well, my face is like that now as well. I swear if they kill him off

I like how they made Skylar the new face of evil. Walt is actually human again.

How? By getting the Aryans to kill Jesse? (I assume that's what the call at the end is, either way I can't imagine it being a nice catch up call) Skylar isn't the face of evil, she's being dragged down to Walt's level by him and his shit.

I like how they made Skylar the new face of evil. Walt is actually human again.

How? By getting the Aryans to kill Jesse? (I assume that's what the call at the end is, either way I can't imagine it being a nice catch up call) Skylar isn't the face of evil, she's being dragged down to Walt's level by him and his shit.

She was being "dragged down to his level" at one point, but now she's more ruthless than he is. At this point, I wouldn't even put it past her to suggest killing Hank...if that needs to be done. Walt has come back down to earth (for the most part). Skylar is now the person calling the shots.

Have you forgot that Walt was happy to kill Mike? Ordered all his guys to be killed, was going to kill Lydia until she became useful to him. He has a great affection for Jesse and Hank is family, but to Skylar Jesse is some *Censored* who's just tried to burn down her house and is a threat to her family. She doesn't have any connection to him like Walt does. She isn't calling the shots, if she was Jesse would be dead. Walt is in control of his own actions and he's a terrible person no matter how he tries to justify it.

Have you forgot that Walt was happy to kill Mike? Ordered all his guys to be killed, was going to kill Lydia until she became useful to him. He has a great affection for Jesse and Hank is family, but to Skylar Jesse is some *censored* who's just tried to burn down her house and is a threat to her family. She doesn't have any connection to him like Walt does. She isn't calling the shots, if she was Jesse would be dead. Walt is in control of his own actions and he's a terrible person no matter how he tries to justify it.

I didn't forget any of that, but that was before Walt got out of the business. Since he got out, he has changed almost completely. Also, he was hardly "happy" to kill Mike. He did it in a moment of anger and panic, and he regretted it almost immediately after, which was one of the things that triggered his fall back to reality, IMO. Right after he shot Mike, he sat down next to him, and (in a very regretful tone) said "I just realized I could have got the names from Lydia...". In either case, that was then, and this is now. The transition that has taken place solely in the past few episodes has turned Walt from his former, mastermind criminal self, back to a human with reservations about killing people. I'm not saying that he's a good person. But he has reservations...whereas, Skylar seems to have none at this point.

The show is a work of art...which means that it's free to be interpreted in many different ways. I don't think Walt is necessarily a monster. I think he's hot-headed and he does stupid shit that he regrets. The only truly terrible thing he ever did was poison the kid...and he did endanger those elderly folks at the rest home...but again, I don't think he enjoyed doing either of those things. He just ran out of options. With that said, I already made it clear that I'm not talking about Walt's character as a whole...just who he currently is. Currently, Skylar is more ruthless than Walt. She wants him to kill someone who she knows he considers a friend (and perhaps even a son, on some level...)

It didn't take much for him to kill someone like Mike though, that's the point. He doesn't have reservations about killing people, he's just killed off all those who he could who were causing him problems. There is no one left other than Hank, who is family and Walt likes to make himself feel better by saying it's all for family, and Jesse who he treats like a son and is desperate to avoid killing. If the Aryans started threatening his family do you think he'd think twice about killing them off? Hell, he took a gun with him to go and confront Jesse and keeps the risin. He wants to put on a front as nice guy Walter White, but when shit doesn't go his way he's still that murdering Heisenberg, which came out in his confrontation with Hank.

It didn't take much for him to kill someone like Mike though, that's the point. He doesn't have reservations about killing people, he's just killed off all those who he could who were causing him problems.

Again, you seem to be confusing the past with the present. I realize he lacked reservations in the past. I'm talking strictly about his current state of mind. He doesn't want to kill anyone else unless he absolutely has to. He does have reservations now. Skylar does not. The change only took place in the past few episodes. If he was the same ruthless Walt, he would have already planned to kill Jessie. He didn't want to do that. Skylar wanted him to do it. He only broke down and moved forward with the idea after Jessie threatened him.

"Hello Carol" -best *censored*ing line.

Tf, how?

He says hey to his neighbors all series.

Aside from saying it post-shit hitting the fan, how is it just not an over exaggerated line?

Because his neighbors used to greet him with pleasantries and now they're afraid of him. It really was a pivotal line...especially since the episode opened with that line and then they showed Walt have a pleasant exchange with Carol later on (pre-dating the intro, obviously).

The ending of the episode had me on the edge of my seat, holy *Censored*.

Likewise.

I didn't think it was possible...but I think I'm now more anxious for the next episode of Breaking Bad than I am for GTAV.

This week is going to go so slow in anticipation for for the next episode of Breaking Bad and GTA V.

Archived