Breaking Bad

Lunchbox

I didn't expect that to happen so quickly but damn that was good.

I'm glad it did though.

The final scene was great. Love how colour symbolism is used so subtlely, loads of examples of it again. And Walt picking up characteristics/traits of other characters, knowingly or not, was there to see again with how he dealt with Lydia in a similar way to how Gus dealt with him at Los Pollos. Even placed the towel on the floor in the same way that Gus did when he was throwing up.

Seen a lot of talk about the significance of Heisenberg being sprayed on the wall and who did it. Personally don't think it is that important who did, but again it being yellow was pretty clever.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couple things:

To add on to the whole 'Walt takes traits from dudes he kills' thing, he put a towel under his knees when he threw up. Just like Gus did when he poisoned Don Eladio

This episode was nostalgia packed; everything in Hank's montage, the hot dog restaurant, the kid with the RC car. . .

Skyler is the H.B.I.C.

Couple things:

To add on to the whole 'Walt takes traits from dudes he kills' thing, he put a towel under his knees when he threw up. Just like Gus did when he poisoned Don Eladio

Hadn't even noticed that. I noticed him doing it, but didn't make the connection. Good eye for detail.

My brother sent me this.. OMG

Walt picks up traits from people he has killed.

Before Walt killed crazy 8 he used to have his sandwiches normally. After he killed crazy 8 he cut off the crusts as crazy 8 did.

In the flash forward to walts 52nd, he drives a Volvo, as gus did.

Mikes drink, before he died, was whiskey on the rocks. Walt had whiskey normally but when hank offers him a drink in the last episode he has whiskey on the rocks.

And in the flash forward to his 52nd, Walt has skylars maiden name and he breaks up the bacon like she did.

Pretty sure he's wearing Jesse's coat in that first scene too.

Before Walt killed crazy 8 he used to have his sandwiches normally. After he killed crazy 8 he cut off the crusts as crazy 8 did.

Mikes drink, before he died, was whiskey on the rocks. Walt had whiskey normally but when hank offers him a drink in the last episode he has whiskey on the rocks.

And in the flash forward to his 52nd, Walt has skylars maiden name and he breaks up the bacon like she did.

DON'T EVEN. DON'T EVEN.

Someone even connected Walt giving the waitress $100 at the start of season 5 to what Jesse tried to do this episode with his money.

DON'T EVEN. DON'T EVEN.

I'm expecting that to be what the ricin is for. Then again, I don't understand why he would need to kill Jesse, considering the fact that he's already been busted by Hank. Unless he kills Hank and Jesse...

Ugh that ending was killer.

Im also kinda pissed that Skylar has won me over the past two episodes. She seems like she wants to be on Walt's side and is slowly coming around. She could have ratted out Walt at the diner, and left him to die in the bathroom but didn't.

We are seeing a role reversal i guess, all series its been Walt and Jessie and now it might be Walt and Skylar.

Archived