Breaking Bad

Lunchbox

I don't know why but I kinda feel sorry for Walt, he did all this meth cooking for his family so they wouldn't be in poverty when he dies.now his whole family detests him,

Also Jesse, he's been through a lot this season, finding out Walt could have saved Jane and then watching Andrea die.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some spoiler tags on this page would have been appropriate.

Gretchen & Elliot are getting the ricin. And Jesse Pinkman might be the most tortured character in TV history

Not going to happen. Certain they aren't billed as being in the next episode and it would make no sense. Why would he waste it on them without them knowing that he was the one who had just killed them? That's not his character. The whole scene was to play on the fact that the Nazi's had done exactly the same as what Gray Matter did earlier in his career, basically taken his idea and took all of the credit for it. Part of me wants him to wipe the pair of them out but he wont.

Glad they showed the guy who basically wipes people from the earth. Excellent choice for the role as well.

And saying it wasn't as good as Ozymandias means nothing when you are comparing it to possibly the best episode in any series in television history. An episode that remains rated 10 on IMDB from nearly 30,000 votes. It was still a great episode and necessary in order to set up for what I expect to be the greatest finale ever.

I want Walt to destroy the Aryans and Jesse to mutilate Todd. I hate them more than Walt (who I honestly can't support anymore 100%). Then, Jesse kills Walt. Although, I'm not so sure about that, since Walt probably wants to die. Anyway, I hope Heisenberg gets punished.

I want Walt to destroy the Aryans and Jesse to mutilate Todd. I hate them more than Walt (who I honestly can't support anymore 100%). Then, Jesse kills Walt. Although, I'm not so sure about that, since Walt probably wants to die. Anyway, I hope Heisenberg gets punished.

I'm not usually a proponent of violence against women on TV. I think some shows really over do it. But I want Lydia to suffer... she might be the most easy to hate character in the show's history. At least Tucco was entertaining. Lydia is such slime. Like Todd has some sort of mental disorder. Todd reminds me of a *censored*ed up version of Dexter in a way. Todd is like a hollow shell that looks like a human being, but while the lights are on, there isn't a real person that is home. I don't pitty those types of people in real life or on a TV show. But at the same time, I don't think Todd has much choice in being a sociopath, he's still an animal that I hope Jesse gets to put down like a dog, but he's just messed up in the head, where as Lydia is a sane person who choses a path of wrong. Lydia got involved that German corporation she was with too, presumably if I recall, completely of her own volition. Where as Todd's uncle is a dangerous criminal who undoubtedly influenced an impressionable Todd at some point in his life. While we don't know that much about Lydia (other than she unfortnately shares a name with my and just about everyone else's wife in Skyrim) and her backstory; still it seems like she chose her path on her own and for no other reason than greed. No rational motive like leaving money for a granddaughter or something, just personal greed.

As for Walt, I am cheering for Walt. I love the ideal of Walter White. I love that he is a modern Dillinger. I want him to succeed, but for the sake of the show, he needs a tragic send off. The show wouldn't be right with a happy, ride off into th sunset ending, at least not for Walt.

@unknownsold13r:

Agreed, Lydia is really hateable, I'd be surprised if she has any fans. I wouldn't really mind if she suffers. As for Todd, he's arguably the scariest of the bunch, since he seems like an innocent guy, but turns out to be completely emotionless. The scene where he meets Andrea, introduces himself as a regular dude and then kills her, might be the moment that sums him up perfectly as a character.

I can't hate the Aryans and Todd as they're such over the top bad guys to try and get you to side with Walt. Plus Jack was kind enough to let Walt live and keep some of his money. That's more than what Walt would have done.

True, but he and Todd also mercilessly killed Hank, Gomez, Andrea and a freaking child, respectively. Walt would never kill a kid; as much as I despise him for poisoning Brock, he never intended to kill him.

It's weird that you go from supporting to hating the main character of the show. I still have some sympathy for Walt at times, but I surely don't want him to get away with everything he's done.

@unknownsold13r:

Agreed, Lydia is really hateable, I'd be surprised if she has any fans. I wouldn't really mind if she suffers. As for Todd, he's arguably the scariest of the bunch, since he seems like an innocent guy, but turns out to be completely emotionless. The scene where he meets Andrea, introduces himself as a regular dude and then kills her, might be the moment that sums him up perfectly as a character.

I can't hate the Aryans and Todd as they're such over the top bad guys to try and get you to side with Walt. Plus Jack was kind enough to let Walt live and keep some of his money. That's more than what Walt would have done.

True, but he and Todd also mercilessly killed Hank, Gomez, Andrea and a freaking child, respectively. Walt would never kill a kid; as much as I despise him for poisoning Brock, he never intended to kill him.

It's weird that you go from supporting to hating the main character of the show. I still have some sympathy for Walt at times, but I surely don't want him to get away with everything he's done.

He was pretty happy to keep it hush over Todd killing the kid despite knowing Jesse's feelings and poising a kid is still pretty *censored*ed up.

The biggest twist on Sunday’s “Breaking Bad” — a moment that brought Walter White out of pathetic, snowbound retirement — came courtesy of a 16-year-old boy who died of cancer in the spring.

Kevin Cordasco was a huge fan of the show, and its cast and creator, Vince Gilligan, visited him as he neared the end of a six-year-battle with neuroblastoma. The first of the show’s final eight episodes was dedicated to him.

Also read: ‘Breaking Bad’: Can Walter White Be Saved?

Gilligan once offered to tell Cordasco how “Breaking Bad” would end, and the teen turned him down — because he planned to live to see it himself.

Sadly, he didn’t. But he did contribute one of the its most crucial plot developments.

“Kevin, who was our wonderful, No. 1 fan… he told me that first day I spent with him, visiting him, he told me what he liked about the show and I said, ‘Is there something you feel is missing from the show?’” Gilligan said on the “Breaking Bad Insider” podcast. “He said, ‘You know what, I want to know more about Gretchen and Elliott. I want to know more about Walt’s backstory with them. I want to know what happened.’”

Also read: ‘Breaking Bad’ Up for Auction: You Can Own Walter White’s Tighty-Whiteys

Gilligan added: “I can’t promise you you will ever get your complete knowledge of that situation to your total satisfaction, but the very fact that Kevin mentioned Gretchen and Elliott led us — the writers and I — to reintroduce them, reincorporate them into the story.”

In the final scene of Sunday’s episode, “Granite State,” Walt is sitting in a New Hampshire bar, about to turn himself in, when he sees his former business partners, Elliott and Gretchen Schwartz, being interviewed on television by Charlie Rose. When they say Walt contributed nearly nothing to their success, he is so outraged at being slighted yet again that he decides to return to New Mexico.

“It works as a catalyst,” Bryan Cranston, who plays Walt, said on the podcast.

“Walt seems to change his mind there,” added Peter Gould, who wrote and directed the episode. “He’s all ready to get caught, and then he sees the video…”

We’ve all heard the story about Babe Ruth promising to hit a home run for a sick boy in the hospital. The “Breaking Bad” version is a little different: It involves Walt going back to Albuquerque, armed with an M60 and a pocketful of ricin.

idk if this been posted but that cool for them to do it

Crazy how people take this show almost as if it's real life. I've been rooting for Walt through every season, and I still am.

I'm personally for Walt as well. I know he's done some messed up shit, but I do feel like he tried to make everything right. That's just the kind of view that I have of the world...I look at the big picture rather than the black and white. Jesse kinda had his fate coming to him. Had he gone the legit route to take down Walt, everything would have worked. Instead, he got a whole bunch of people killed because his ego was too big. Walt was done. Things only went where they did because of the actions of Jesse.

Had Walt turned himself in it wouldn't have happened either, but his ego was too big and he thought he could beat Hank, keep Jesse on his side, keep all his money and his family.

And can you blame him? Nope. Didn't think so.

Walt's endgame was keeping everyone alive and trying to keep the money that he made for his family. Jesse's endgame was taking down Walt no matter the cost...

Well yes I can blame him. He did horrible things, he got caught so tough shit. Jesse isn't an angel either, but he's a dumb kid led along by Walt and who's had his life ruined. You claim not to see it as black and white, but you're trying to push the blame on to one person here. Both made terrible choices. Walt is the one who first went to the Aryans and got them involved again remember.

Walt went to the Aryans to have Jesse killed after he tried to settle things peacefully with Jesse. He didn't want Hank or the other agent killed. He didn't even want Jesse killed...but Jesse was being a loose cannon. I don't really care if you agree with me...I'm just saying, Walt is selfish and he has a huge ego...but at the same time, he does selfless things, like admit in that phone call that he was 100% responsible for everything. Whereas, Jesse is shown a picture of the people he cares about, and he still tries to escape, which led to Andrea being killed. It was obvious that they would kill her if he tried to escape. I think that was a more selfish action than most of the things Walt has done. I think it's like Walt said...Jesse is a coward. Walt may be an evil guy, but he seems like he'd sooner die trying to protect what he worked for than survive and have nothing. He's still trying to get the money back for his family, whether they want it or not.

That's if you believe that they wouldn't have been killed anyway and that Jesse wasn't going to go try and save them. Jesse didn't want anyone else killed, he wanted Walt caught and his planned worked perfectly, except Walt got back in contact with Aryans and everything went to shit. Walt is the only one who wanted someone dead.

Walt went to the Aryans to have Jesse killed after he tried to settle things peacefully with Jesse.

Why not do it himself, because he doesn't want to believe he's a murderer? He deludes himself in to thinking he's above that? Jesse is 'family'? Given Walt's, lets say patchy history with how he solves problems, Jesse was within his right to believe he was going to be killed and right to be a bit annoyed that Walt had poisoned a child he cared about. If Walt doesn't act like he does Jesse never goes as far off the rails as he does.

Who cares about who is more selfish anyway? That is how we're judging morality? Not the murders, poisonings, drug empires?

He wants people to know he owned the drug empire, not these imposters, he wants people to know who helped start up Grey Matter. He's not going back for just his money, and even then it's HIS money not his families, because he earned it and everyone needs to know just how much money HE has.

I dont understand why the Aryans want so hard to keep Walt alive when Todd was right there cooking with him. Sure he apparently isnt perfect, but he knows all Walt knows. With time he woukd inevitably become just as good just like Jesse did. No?

Archived