Star Wars: Battlefront Series

Jmerc

Went out on a limb and bought the game despite the controversy. I enjoyed the first one and me and the squad had a huge amount of fun on Battlefield 1, so we were looking to recreate that. So far so good, I think a lot of the controversy was blown out of proportion and after several hours put into the game I haven't found anything bad about it (aside from a couple glitches and server lag.) I haven't found unlocking heroes to be bad, most of the locked ones are lame anyway. I don't care about playing as Leia, I want to play as Kylo and Yoda and Maul and they're unlocked by default. I can see the grind becoming a bit more taxing as I rank up, but the gameplay is fun and I'm happy I bought it.

They certainly need to add to this game, there really needs to be some sought of squad or partner system like Battlefield or the previous Battlefront and I think more weapons and cards need to be coming up in DLC. (DLC is free for this game right? I think I remember reading that a while ago.) I think they should add more heroes too. Why is Obi Wan and Anakin not in this game? Or Finn? I understand not wanting to inundate the game with lightsaber users, but there does need to be more heroes for sure.

Can anyone tell me what planned DLC there is? If any has been announced ofc.

Fun game.

What is everyones favourite map?

I really like Kamino on Galactic Assault! Brings back the original Battlefront 2 memories!

Kashyyk probably, I think it looks beautiful. Starkiller Base is also good, but I've only played it once. Same with Endor.

I think Tattooine is the only map I haven't played in Galactic Assault. I saw someone play it on my friends list so it's not exclusive to Blast or Strike.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I remember correctly, Finn and Captain Phasma will be the next two heroes added to the game. Additional DLC for the campaign is slated to launch on December 13th, so I'm hoping there will be other things added as well (new Star Cards, weapons, skins, etc. etc.)

https://www.psu.com/news/34647/star-wars-battlefront-2-the-last-jedi-dlc

So I just finished the campaign and I SERIOUSLY cannot wait for The Last Jedi.

Surely Iden and Del are not Reys parents? In that last mission with Kylo extracting info from Del he kept talking about his daughter and fatherhood, but never actually name drops her. Could it just a big red herring? Would they seriously put that big of a twist into a game?

The story is fully canon to Star Wars now, but not everyone going to see TLJ will play this game.

I'm assuming the new map will be from Last Jedi but I wonder which new location it'll be

According to what I read on social media yesterday, the new location will be the planet Crait... on December 13th. Pretty sure that's the same planet which was shown during one of the trailers for 'The Last Jedi'.

• 2 weeks later...

What's the 10GB update for? I haven't played the game in almost a week but just found an update downloading. Is it for Finn/Phasma stuff or it includes changes and fixes?

new campaign chapters, finn & phasma, last jedi maps etc.

there was a couple of fixes/balancing too!

So the Crait map is cool, but it's going to be nerfed. I managed to rack up 50k battle points before the second objective inside the mountain. Just by using the speeder's middle ability and shooting the AT-AT's when they're open.

I freaking love this game and I love using Finn !

EA just updated their website with a more in depth look at The Last Jedi season: https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/seasons-updates/season-1

It confirms the season will be continuing into Jan 2018 "with more challenges and events"

• 5 months later...

Archived