Star Wars: Battlefront Series

Jmerc

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this ends up sucking it will crush me.

I wonder if it will incorporate any episode 7 stuff in there since it's coming out in 2015. Battlefront 2 had episode 3 stuff.

Interesting idea man. I wonder if it ends up happening.

If this ends up sucking it will crush me.

I wonder if it will incorporate any episode 7 stuff in there since it's coming out in 2015. Battlefront 2 had episode 3 stuff.

Even if it's not on disk in this day and age DLC is big so who knows what they will do.

• 7 months later...
Writer and actor Todd Stashwick will co-write Visceral Games' Star Wars project alongside ex-Naughty Dog creative director Amy Hennig.
Stashwick may best be known for his roles as Ash Murphy in Justified, and Dale Malloy in The Riches. He and artist Dennis Calero also co-wrote the SyFy pilot Clandestine, and the pair also co-writes the ongoing webcomic Devil Inside. As an unnamed character, Stashwick narrated the debut teaser for Uncharted PS4, which was helmed by Amy Hennig prior to her joining Visceral Games.
Hennig recently tweeted about meeting with Stashwick (alongside Uncharted's Nolan North and Lost's Dominic Monaghan, conspiracy theorists may note).
We've contacted EA for additional comment.

Source: IGN

The first was amazing, only shooter I've actually liked.

The second was even better. Hopefully this one'll trump them both.

I never played the second, maybe I could check it out.

The first was amazing, only shooter I've actually liked.

The second was even better. Hopefully this one'll trump them both.

I never played the second, maybe I could check it out.

You should, classic game!

• 1 month later...

Star Wars: Battlefront (or Battlefront 3) will be a reboot of the infamous franchise of the Star Wars universe.

Developed by DICE, the game excited everyone when it was first introduced at the E3 2013 press conference, but not much new information about the upcoming title has been released to this point, leaving fans to speculate and create rumors. With so many rumors going around the web it is hard to keep track of the official information about the game. Can people expect to hear more about Star Wars: Battlefront at the E3 2014, or is it just a hot rumor created by an enthusiastic fan?
The Confirmation
Even though at this point it is speculation, there are certain factors that make most rumors about Star Wars: Battlefront quite plausible. Expected to be released in the second or third quarter of 2015, it has been said that the game will be featured at E3 2014 in the last couple of months. However, it wasn’t until a few days ago, when the CEO of EA, Andrew Wilson came forth with an official statement both announcing their new project – Battlefield Hardline, as well as confirming that the EA press conference will feature the long awaited reboot of Star Wars: Battlefront.
New Footage
Even though Star Wars: Battlefront is in the lineup officially for the EA press conference at E3 2014, people and fans are not certain about whether gameplay footage will be shown or just another teaser. As EA and DICE have received significant criticism because of their falsely advertised and full of bugs Battlefield 4, that fans cynically called ‘Betafield 4,’ critics and players are quite interested to know what exactly the reboot of the franchise will bring. However, it can’t be stated with certainty whether gameplay footage or a teaser will be shown at the annual E3 2014 event.
Development Issues?
Star Wars: Battlefront is built under the Frostbite 3 engine and due to the hundreds of bugs in Battlefield 4, the developers of the game had to put a pause on their other projects in order to deal with the issues in the game. This further set back the release date of the reboot of Battlefront with a couple of months, as most fans wonder if this won’t actually harm the overall gaming experience. Even though the game will be built on the Frostbite 3 engine, the developers ensure that it will deliver a true next-gen experience to the players and it will be the interpretation of DICE of what Battlefront should really be. The game will feature certain elements that make it similar to Battlefied 4, such as an extensive multiplayer combat and decent single player campaign and options. However, it will feature some of the original elements of Battlefront that made the game so famous in the first place.
Star Wars: Battlefront is expected to be released in the second or third quarter of 2015 for the next-gen consoles, the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One, as well as the PC.

Source: thefusejoplin.com

Archived