Goldberg tease

UndertakerMinistry

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can actually see this happening. I didn't predict this. WWE/2K could make a mint by giving really must-have wrestlers as DLC. A good business move. Sadly we would pay good money for the likes of Warrior, Goldberg, Scott Hall, Rob Van Dam etc.

This. All they had to do was take a look at the most often created/downloaded wresters and figure out who they can work a deal with, put them in the game as DLC, and watch the $ roll in. It beats just throwing random people out there for download. And with the Goldberg DVD coming out it does seem possible. Time will tell.

It also wouldn't be the first time that 2K would get someone almost unobtainable in a game. Last year they got Sir Charles! of all people in NBA 2K13.

It's the way they got Scottie Pippen that should be a positive to WWE game fans. Pippen wasnt originally in the game. He was missing from all the in game Team USA promotions. It was then revealed via twitter that they could not come to an agreement with him. After a week of twitter posts, emails to 2K, and an outcry on various message boards 2K released a new photo of the in game Team USA that included Pippen.

They listened to the fans and made their demands reality.

I really don't care too much if he doesn't get in. Every year, the CAW geniuses come out and give us more than one top notch Goldberg CAW.

Its not the same though when the comentators call him something silly.

Gold Bear for entrance and Goldman for matches. Not that bad.

It really, really is. I don't get why people are struggling to grasp the concept of why some of us would love to have the actual model in the game over CAW's, it's very simple - Proper entrance, proper tron, proper moveset, proper model/face, proper call name.

Yes, some of the above can be done fairly close, but some of it can't. There are some fantastic Goldberg CAW's but it is not and never will be as good or the same as having him officially in the game with all of those things readily included.

Exactly.

I can actually see this happening. I didn't predict this. WWE/2K could make a mint by giving really must-have wrestlers as DLC. A good business move. Sadly we would pay good money for the likes of Warrior, Goldberg, Scott Hall, Rob Van Dam etc.

This. All they had to do was take a look at the most often created/downloaded wresters and figure out who they can work a deal with, put them in the game as DLC, and watch the $ roll in. It beats just throwing random people out there for download. And with the Goldberg DVD coming out it does seem possible. Time will tell.

doubt sense goldburg wasn't even part of the Goldberg dvd

You spelt his name both wrong and correctly in the same sentence, how is that even possible? E and U aren't even close together on the keyboard!

I hope Goldberg isn't in this game. I understand that ABA Undertaker is in but it's only on a pre-order, eventually it will be DLC. I want this game to focus on the golden era. The Attitude Era had it's game and that was WWE 13. Maybe 2k will have an option to import the Attitude Era wrestlers and Arenas from WWE 13, kinda similar to what they did with LOWM. But I want this game to be about the golden era.

I hope Goldberg isn't in this game. I understand that ABA Undertaker is in but it's only on a pre-order, eventually it will be DLC. I want this game to focus on the golden era. The Attitude Era had it's game and that was WWE 13. Maybe 2k will have an option to import the Attitude Era wrestlers and Arenas from WWE 13, kinda similar to what they did with LOWM. But I want this game to be about the golden era.

If they did have a import option it would be more work for them.

Remember when you could supposedly import the WWE roster into LOWM? THQ still had to make those models for the game its just you couldnt use them unless you had the other game.

Yes it was sneaky of them to call it import when it wasent really. Makes you wonder why that game had a low amount of Legends.

You spelt his name both wrong and correctly in the same sentence, how is that even possible? E and U aren't even close together on the keyboard!

oh my the biggest douche bag talking shit again with not much too add to the topic .......but stupidity

i sure hope we get goldberg and sure as hell hope we dont get a golden era for this or any future game since it is one or the worst era of all time hell pg is better than this one . as far as import forget about it , it'S not gonna happen they'll be loosing money .

I would love the import feature just because I want to keep most of the attitude stars and the arenas. I'm good with him doing that most the time. I would love to have shamrock, val venis, and gangrel back again. guys like godfather, bossman, ministry taker and dx too. I may be different than a lot of people but I wouldn't mind those guys every game. the ultimate roster from every era would be sweet.

WWE 13 had superstars from other eras and so can 14.

this.

Id love the import feature but i figure if they were going to do that we wouldnt have stone cold already. Its the same as 13 it appears.

The only reason I want import is because I am sick of each year having to create the same guys over and over again and create the same paint tools all the time.

Curious what other eras you speak of because WWE 13 had current wrestlers and Attitude Era Wrestlers. There were more attitude era arenas than there were current ones.

oh my the biggest douche bag talking shit again with not much too add to the topic .......but stupidity

i sure hope we get goldberg and sure as hell hope we dont get a golden era for this or any future game since it is one or the worst era of all time hell pg is better than this one . as far as import forget about it , it'S not gonna happen they'll be loosing money .

I just laugh at this post everytime I read it. Without the Golden Era, there would be no others. Current Wrestling isn't as close to impactful or as dramatic as it was back in those days. The storylines were better, the events were better and more impactful. Wrestling was more about sport back then, not entertainment. It felt like you were watching a sporting event, they used dollys and high and low angle camera angles that made it feel like the wrestlers were larger than life. Now it's just a show, they focus so much on the fact that it's entertainment that they have lost what really made wrestling feel special and that was the illusion that it was real. Now everyone knows it's fake and that takes the magic away from it.

To say that you prefer the current era to the era that built the WWE, is laughable. Hulk Hogan was right when he said, "Without Hulk Hogan, you people wouldn't be here." As much as I hated Hogan then, what he said was true. He helped build wrestling to a national level. No one was as good at entertaining a crowd as Hogan and making you cheer or boo him. True you might have more technical wrestlers now, but they aren't nearly as good at entertaining a crowd or telling a good story throughout a match. Why do you think WWE has to rely on cheap pops and pushing guys who can get a crowd to chant "Yes" over and over again? Don't get me wrong, I like Daniel Bryan but the only reason he's getting pushed is because he can generate that crowd reaction where most guys now are lucky to get one. WWE wants the crowd reactions, it's what drives them and makes it more exciting to watch. If you're an amazing wrestler and you get a poor crowd reaction, you won't get pushed, bottom line. Just look at Hacksaw Jim Duggan, he was not a great technical wrestler, but he had a great character and got great reactions from the crowd, which is why he got pushed. And truth be told WWE had a lot more entertaining characters back then which made it more exciting and watchable. I can barely watch WWE TV anymore because of the fact that the characters now suck compared to then and they have no real presence on screen, they have bland names and no real mic skills. Why do you think WWE has to bring back someone like The Rock to main event Wrestlemania two years in a row? It's because they know they have no one who can be on that same level right now.

Curious what other eras you speak of because WWE 13 had current wrestlers and Attitude Era Wrestlers. There were more attitude era arenas than there were current ones.

I just laugh at this post everytime I read it. Without the Golden Era, there would be no others. Current Wrestling isn't as close to impactful or as dramatic as it was back in those days. The storylines were better, the events were better and more impactful. Wrestling was more about sport back then, not entertainment. It felt like you were watching a sporting event, they used dollys and high and low angle camera angles that made it feel like the wrestlers were larger than life. Now it's just a show, they focus so much on the fact that it's entertainment that they have lost what really made wrestling feel special and that was the illusion that it was real. Now everyone knows it's fake and that takes the magic away from it.

To say that you prefer the current era to the era that built the WWE, is laughable. Hulk Hogan was right when he said, "Without Hulk Hogan, you people wouldn't be here." As much as I hated Hogan then, what he said was true. He helped build wrestling to a national level. No one was as good at entertaining a crowd as Hogan and making you cheer or boo him. True you might have more technical wrestlers now, but they aren't nearly as good at entertaining a crowd or telling a good story throughout a match. Why do you think WWE has to rely on cheap pops and pushing guys who can get a crowd to chant "Yes" over and over again? Don't get me wrong, I like Daniel Bryan but the only reason he's getting pushed is because he can generate that crowd reaction where most guys now are lucky to get one. WWE wants the crowd reactions, it's what drives them and makes it more exciting to watch. If you're an amazing wrestler and you get a poor crowd reaction, you won't get pushed, bottom line. Just look at Hacksaw Jim Duggan, he was not a great technical wrestler, but he had a great character and got great reactions from the crowd, which is why he got pushed. And truth be told WWE had a lot more entertaining characters back then which made it more exciting and watchable. I can barely watch WWE TV anymore because of the fact that the characters now suck compared to then and they have no real presence on screen, they have bland names and no real mic skills. Why do you think WWE has to bring back someone like The Rock to main event Wrestlemania two years in a row? It's because they know they have no one who can be on that same level right now.

what i mean is by boring .. im not taking away anything from that era . maybe because i love wrestling a lot more than entertaiment . there is a lot of thing i agree on this and i know they looking for a reaction out of the crowd BUT personal standar i love wrestler a lot more so put aside hbk , rzor ramom , bret hart ,steamboat and a few other 85 % of the golden era couldnt keep up with real wrestler like punk , dbry , ziggler , rhode , orton , seth rollins , kassius ohno , ect ect. maybe thats why i love r.o.h back then a lot more than wwe cuz its not about mic skill , cheer , boos , it was about technical ability in the ring outstanding matches , hogan all these bodybuilder were entertaining but no real wrestler not even close but i do understand what youre sayin i know it help build wwe to what it is today but still you cannot say ( yes you can its a matter of opinion ) golden era was about wrestling or look like a legit sport cuz it was easy to know when and where the match was gonna end or what was gonna happen ... and by the way rock is not even a part of the golden era so you do understand aside from hogan no one from the golden era would be headlining wrestlemania right !? but again it is only my opinion . just to cut this short i love wrestling you love entertainment .

I loved using Goldberg back in HCTP mainly because you could spear people without having a sig or finisher. That was back when moves actually looked like they really hurt. Now, you hit someone with a clothesline from hell and it's like hitting them with a pillow.

People complain about over selling of moves and than there is you

the over selling complaints are usually for flipping and unrealistic over exaggerated sells. the impact of those old moves were pretty awesome. if they aren't flipping in the newer games they definitely lack the impact. just disheartening

Archived