My online ranking got erased

RockNRoll

So, it finally happened. I reached #19 on the world on PS3, which I was very proud of, and my ranking got erased. Right back to trainee. Over 1,300 matches of hard work. Playing until my hands needed ice packs. All gone. I had heard of this happening from many people and I wondered when my day would come. Someone online had congratulated me that very day on being #19. He asked why my ranking had never been reset. I told him that I had heard that it happened to people who went from playing WWE to another game for some reason. But I only play WWE, so I'm out of excuses.

Any idea why this happens? Any idea whether or not they're looking into preventing it from happening for WWE '14? Thanks.

^ Me reaching #20

Same thing happened to a buddy of mine in Gears of War 3. Nobody knows why it happens, it just happens to some people. Thing is, Epic Games and Microsoft cant do anything to reset it to what it was, which I'm sure is the case with 2k and WWE. Only thing I can suggest is get back to work on making it to the top again.

This happened to me back on December 1st, shortly after I reached level 10. I was devastated. It really killed any interest I had in playing the game, and I haven't bothered coming back to it much since. Maybe I've played the game once or twice since then.

I don't care about online play, but the idiots decided to tie trophies to it in the game, then give us horrible servers that actually reset stats. It's the only WWE game with trophies that I don't have the platinum, and I'm only that one trophy short. And on top of that, the problem is still there, as they never bothered to fix the damn thing. So even if I were masochistic enough to try and rank up again, I have no guarantee that I wouldn't get screwed again.

The only foolproof way to make sure it doesn't reset is to keep your PS3 running the game non-stop. But if you're not doing it for the trophy, does it really matter anyway? The top of the board is full of cheaters and spammers anyway. Last time I looked, the top guys were like 800-0 or maybe had 1 or 2 losses. They were just there to get the trophy and go. Maybe that changed in 7 months, I don't know.

I mean you obviously put a lot of work and effort into it, so I give you props for that, but considering how many of us had our stats reset, and how many cheaters and spammers are on there, I don't know how much pride I'd have to be on the list. Of course if you have that trophy for reaching the max rank and the platinum for the game, that's something you can take pride in.

Archived