WWE Announcement on Monday 15/7/13

.Nëro

F4Wonline.com reports that WWE will be making a major announcement on Monday morning, likely to do with the upcoming WWE 2K14 video game. There will reportedly be a big press event as the announcement is significant.

This isn't confirmed but the announcement may have to do with The Ultimate Warrior appearing in the video game.

The WWE Games Twitter account continues to post teaser photos and lines for The Warrior, as we reported on last week. They have noted that their big surprise had a feud with the nWo, won the Intercontinental Title twice, is not in the WWE Hall of Fame, wore facepaint and is a former bodybuilder.

Apparently Warrior was in the WWE Games offices on July 10th to film promos and an interview ( so dont get to exited it isnt confirmed )

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it'll be Ultimate Warrior. It made sense for both Lesnar and Tyson because they are big names that both have a lot of weight outside the wrestling business, whereas UW does not. Plus Warrior was in LoWm and they didn't make a big deal out of that as far as I remember. I'm thinking that it'll be a next-gen release reveal as I can't see WWE wanting to lose out on sales.

It will be the pure tedium of the warrior being announced as a pre order incentive.

with a trailer which will involve an interview/promo of the warrior stating he is immortal in some way.

the trailer will also feature the warrior performing his signature moves...probably against either the macho man or 'the miz'

I will then fall asleep and the try to alter the definition of 'significantly big' in an online dictionary to THQ disappointment.

Can anyone bring up where it states no next gen port?

If the game was planned on next gen I am sure it would have already been mentioned when they first announced the game like all other companies have done already. Not impossible, but I highly doubt they decided recently "maybe we should port this to next gen." I believe it would have been part of the plan from the beginning if they were going to do it.

Can anyone bring up where it states no next gen port?

If the game was planned on next gen I am sure it would have already been mentioned when they first announced the game like all other companies have done already. Not impossible, but I highly doubt they decided recently "maybe we should port this to next gen." I believe it would have been part of the plan from the beginning if they were going to do it.

Agree. Going to next gen would have been announced when the game was announced. I believe the announcement will be Warrior. They keep teasing him on FB and they seem to be following the marketing plan they did last year as far as doing a big announcement for the pre order exclusive with video and interviews.

UW was in LOWM, but that game wasnt promoted like a WWE/ Smackdown vs Raw game. Them giving us a character people have begged for for years, in THIS series, is a big deal regardless if he was in another game (and one of the most underachieving wwe games ever).

2K confirmed it before, no next-gen! I don't get why you're still having hopes for that.

This and the fact some people think owen will be in. Get over it. His wife keeps suing every time they use footage of him. She is not allowing him in a game. The denial around here every year gets sad after a while.

I believe Bret said they (meaning The Bitch and WWE) finally came to an agreement on Owen... We'll see Owen Hart stuff soon i'm sure. Probably next year's HOF and flashback figure etc...

Yeah I'm also predicting an Ultimate Warrior reveal&interview trailer and Summerslam weekend being confirmed for the roster reveal,They are probably making a big deal since Warrior is a top legend and is new to the franchise(yeah technically he was made during HCTP production But the full version of the game is what mattered and he was removed)!!

I'd like a next-gen port But yeah I also doubt it.

My personal feelings on the announcement for tomorrow:

If it's Warrior I couldn't care less.

If it's a next gen port I couldn't care less (unless it's not a port and was actually developed on next gen).

If it's that the roster will be revealed at SS I couldn't care less.

Now, if it's something else let me know :P

credit;pwi

Since we have received a lot of questions on this, WWE will officially announce this week that The Ultimate Warrior will be featured in the WWE 2K14 video game that will be released this October, similar to how Brock Lesnar and Mike Tyson were big surprises in past game releases.

Warrior will be working with WWE and 2K Sports to promote the game and there will be some sort of official media unveiling for the gaming media this week in New York City.

Warrior has appeared in several WWE videogames over the last few years, but never in the primary WWE videogame franchise

2K confirmed it before, no next-gen! I don't get why you're still having hopes for that.

This and the fact some people think owen will be in. Get over it. His wife keeps suing every time they use footage of him. She is not allowing him in a game. The denial around here every year gets sad after a while.

I believe Bret said they (meaning The Bitch and WWE) finally came to an agreement on Owen... We'll see Owen Hart stuff soon i'm sure. Probably next year's HOF and flashback figure etc...

They did. The agreement was that WWE can use Owen in archived footage. They have to pay his estate royalties, but no new Owen merchandise can be made without Marth'a consent. This is the reason they have cancelled the owen dvd scheduled for 2014.

Bret also said that Martha has her kids thinking the same way so he stated that he doesnt expect any of them to allow WWE to honor his memory.

Mattel has also stated that Owen's estate will not allow them to make an Owen figure. So waiting for Owen stuff to come out will be a looooooong wait.

I have posted this a few times on here. I cannot understand why this is so hard to comprehend. It was on WWE's corporate web site when the law suit was settled. This is the end result of the settlement between Owen's estate and WWE.

The lawsuit was over WWE's use of Owen in the Hart Anthology DVD. Martha's case was that WWE had no right to use Owen on the dvd. WWE claimed they had a right since it as their own footage and photos. Then it turns out WWE felt that since it was their own footage/photos that they did not have to pay any royalties to Owen's estate.

The end result of the settlement was WWE picked up Martha's legal bills for the case and paid royalties for the dvd. In turn WWE promised not to create new merchandise featuring Owen unless it is in connection to another talent's likeness (ex: if a match on a dvd/tv features some one vs. owen they can use it). They also promised not to go forward on an Owen Hart DVD that was planned for 2013 then pushed back to 2014 by the lawsuit.
Mattel said at their Q+A this year at Comic Con that two wrestlers (Owen and Scott Hall) are 100% off limits. One WWE won't allow them to use and the other they cannot even contact their estate. Jakks also claimed when they made wwe figures that Martha's lawyers sent a letter to Jakks informing them that by asking her every 6 months for permission it was harassment and Martha would sue if contacted again.
To be in a video game/ figure Martha and Owen's estate would have to sign off on it. Bret Hart has said as recently as March that Martha continues to claim she will never allow Owen's likeness to be used in a way that makes money for WWE and that she has her kids thinking the same way. So even eventually when the estate turns over to Owen's kids it is also not likely we will get Owen merchandise any time soon.

I have posted this a few times on here. I cannot understand why this is so hard to comprehend. It was on WWE's corporate web site when the law suit was settled. This is the end result of the settlement between Owen's estate and WWE.

The lawsuit was over WWE's use of Owen in the Hart Anthology DVD. Martha's case was that WWE had no right to use Owen on the dvd. WWE claimed they had a right since it as their own footage and photos. Then it turns out WWE felt that since it was their own footage/photos that they did not have to pay any royalties to Owen's estate.

The end result of the settlement was WWE picked up Martha's legal bills for the case and paid royalties for the dvd. In turn WWE promised not to create new merchandise featuring Owen unless it is in connection to another talent's likeness (ex: if a match on a dvd/tv features some one vs. owen they can use it). They also promised not to go forward on an Owen Hart DVD that was planned for 2013 then pushed back to 2014 by the lawsuit.
Mattel said at their Q+A this year at Comic Con that two wrestlers (Owen and Scott Hall) are 100% off limits. One WWE won't allow them to use and the other they cannot even contact their estate. Jakks also claimed when they made wwe figures that Martha's lawyers sent a letter to Jakks informing them that by asking her every 6 months for permission it was harassment and Martha would sue if contacted again.
To be in a video game/ figure Martha and Owen's estate would have to sign off on it. Bret Hart has said as recently as March that Martha continues to claim she will never allow Owen's likeness to be used in a way that makes money for WWE and that she has her kids thinking the same way. So even eventually when the estate turns over to Owen's kids it is also not likely we will get Owen merchandise any time soon.

Was also on many dirt sheets as well and some legal journal's as it set a president for how public figures can be marketing after their death.

I should copy and paste that every time some one thinks they know what their talking about as far as Owen when in reality they have no clue (which happens every single year on these boards).

Why is Scott Hall off limits?

A lot of sites reported after his last stay in rehab Vince made it known that he did not want any merchandise featuring Scott Hall. Some say it is that they dont want him to get any royalties, others say it is because his problems are so well known it would be terrible publicity. I know WWE was very angry with him for doing the ESPN E:60 segment last year. Mattel kind of answered this at comic con. They had a poll asking who fans wanted to see made in to a figure. Razor Ramon won big time. No figure was ever made and when asked mattel said "It was planned, but we were simply told we weren't allowed."

Because he was a drunk and crazy for some time.

That always bothered me because they still market Jake Roberts from time to time. I think it is because WWE has let it be known they have spent upwards of 1 million dollars on Scott Hall's rehab. Stephanie was quoted as saying it is by far the most they have spent sending any former talent for help. That was also after the ESPN segment. They got bombarded with media questions about Hall.

Archived