WWE Announcement on Monday 15/7/13

.Nëro

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WWE has no right to be angry at Scott Hall for the E:60 documentary. It was important in that it opened a lot of people's eyes in regards to how bad he had gotten. I had been watching his YouTube videos and even I didn't know how bad off he was. It definitely opened my eyes, and it's probably why the fans begged DDP to help Scott.

I don't like Steph anymore anyway, because to put it simply, I heard she has a low opinion of Paul Heyman and Jim Ross.

At any rate, we'll probably never see 1996 Scott Hall again, but I hope he gets his head on straight. Hell of a [now wasted] talent, good mind for the business.

I have posted this a few times on here. I cannot understand why this is so hard to comprehend. It was on WWE's corporate web site when the law suit was settled. This is the end result of the settlement between Owen's estate and WWE.

The lawsuit was over WWE's use of Owen in the Hart Anthology DVD. Martha's case was that WWE had no right to use Owen on the dvd. WWE claimed they had a right since it as their own footage and photos. Then it turns out WWE felt that since it was their own footage/photos that they did not have to pay any royalties to Owen's estate.

The end result of the settlement was WWE picked up Martha's legal bills for the case and paid royalties for the dvd. In turn WWE promised not to create new merchandise featuring Owen unless it is in connection to another talent's likeness (ex: if a match on a dvd/tv features some one vs. owen they can use it). They also promised not to go forward on an Owen Hart DVD that was planned for 2013 then pushed back to 2014 by the lawsuit.
Mattel said at their Q+A this year at Comic Con that two wrestlers (Owen and Scott Hall) are 100% off limits. One WWE won't allow them to use and the other they cannot even contact their estate. Jakks also claimed when they made wwe figures that Martha's lawyers sent a letter to Jakks informing them that by asking her every 6 months for permission it was harassment and Martha would sue if contacted again.
To be in a video game/ figure Martha and Owen's estate would have to sign off on it. Bret Hart has said as recently as March that Martha continues to claim she will never allow Owen's likeness to be used in a way that makes money for WWE and that she has her kids thinking the same way. So even eventually when the estate turns over to Owen's kids it is also not likely we will get Owen merchandise any time soon.

This is no worse then Axl Rose and Courtney Love, really it's basically become the lines of staying in the media and holding grudges that should have been dealt with. I hear about this every year, the simple solution would be; having Owen Hart be DLC and have WWE get zero percent of the intake for it. Doubtful WWE would go for this, but you get my point. It's a tragedy, but really Martha is simple running it into the ground now.

She doesnt want Owen and WWE to be at all associated. Putting Owen in a WWE game, even as dlc, does just that. That is why she allowed him to be in the Legends of Wrestling (acclaim) games (was he in more than 1?). Because it had nothing at all to do with WWE.

She doesnt want Owen and WWE to be at all associated. Putting Owen in a WWE game, even as dlc, does just that. That is why she allowed him to be in the Legends of Wrestling (acclaim) games (was he in more than 1?). Because it had nothing at all to do with WWE.

Yes Owen Hart I believe is on Legend Of Wrestling - Showdown: Legend Of Wrestling (The only Decent one of the series); 2K (THQ) should just give us Owen's most popular attire and Pre-set Template of Owen in CAW mode. He's not associated, if he isn't technically in the game.

Yes Owen Hart I believe is on Legend Of Wrestling - Showdown: Legend Of Wrestling (The only Decent one of the series); 2K (THQ) should just give us Owen's most popular attire and Pre-set Template of Owen in CAW mode. He's not associated, if he isn't technically in the game.

that would be the best solution.

It will be the pure tedium of the warrior being announced as a pre order incentive.

with a trailer which will involve an interview/promo of the warrior stating he is immortal in some way.

the trailer will also feature the warrior performing his signature moves...probably against either the macho man or 'the miz'

I will then fall asleep and the try to alter the definition of 'significantly big' in an online dictionary to THQ disappointment.

BINNGO!!!!!

that would be the best solution.

Agreed

It will be the pure tedium of the warrior being announced as a pre order incentive.

with a trailer which will involve an interview/promo of the warrior stating he is immortal in some way.

the trailer will also feature the warrior performing his signature moves...probably against either the macho man or 'the miz'

I will then fall asleep and the try to alter the definition of 'significantly big' in an online dictionary to THQ disappointment.

BINNGO!!!!!

High Expectations are a killer

BINNGO!!!!!

You hit the nail on the head, for the most part.

BINNGO!!!!!

So basically your whinging about it because a current superstar isnt a pre order?

You dont have to pre order it.

BINNGO!!!!!

So basically your whinging about it because a current superstar isnt a pre order?

You dont have to pre order it.

Nope I am whinging at the utter lack of imagination on the part of the WWE 2K14 marketing team.

Archived