The Curse Of Chucky

Seriously, is anyone as stoked about this as I am? The entire Child's Play series has been among some of my favorite films of all time. Then they took a turn for the worse with the Bride Of Chucky and The Seed Of Chucky, with all the comedy crap. But this looks to be returning somewhat to it's roots. I can't wait.

Trailer looks good but the only thing bugging me is the lack of the scars on chucky. A new doll just seems kinda weird this late in the child's play series.

Yea, from the posters I've seen, they still had the stitched up Chucky face. Then I saw this trailer and was like "well okay??"

Just realized this is going to be a straight to dvd release. Which means it will either suck, or be quite the sleeper.

Why does the acting look terrible?!

Never mind just seen someone say its straight to DVD. Yep it will suck.

Staight to DVD doesnt always suck. But when a franchise that has always had a theatrical realease gets the straight to dvd treatment, it's a bit iffy. I will watch it because I did like the Childs play series until Bride of Chucky. So it's nice to see a new film in the franchise.

Definetly can't wait for this, Child's Play 1-3 were some of my favorite horror movies but then.. Tiffany and Glenn appeared. :(

Is it me or the doll looks weird in some parts of the trailer? o.O

Staight to DVD doesnt always suck. But when a franchise that has always had a theatrical realease gets the straight to dvd treatment, it's a bit iffy. I will watch it because I did like the Childs play series until Bride of Chucky. So it's nice to see a new film in the franchise.

How many movies can you name that werent straight to DVD that didnt suck?

Honestly the one movie that usualy had a theatrical release that didn't get one for the 3rd release that i enjoyed alot was "I'll ALWAYS know what you did last summer" it was a nice twist on the series making it supernatural...it is still one of my favorites in the trilogy

Honestly the one movie that usualy had a theatrical release that didn't get one for the 3rd release that i enjoyed alot was "I'll ALWAYS know what you did last summer" it was a nice twist on the series making it supernatural...it is still one of my favorites in the trilogy

Not to mention the butterfly effect sequels..i believe 2 and 3 got a straight to dvd release and i loved both of those aswell

Am I the only one that thinks Chucky looks like a girl a little bit?

Anyways, can't wait to see it. I was kinda sad to find out that it won't be in theaters, but eh, it'll be cheaper to go off and rent it then to go to a cinema lol

Totally stoked for this. It's a shame that it's direct to dvd, but that doesn't mean it'll suck. For example, most of Steve Austin's films are direct to dvd, but only one of them I can really remember, sucked & that was "The Stranger", but from what my Dad tells me, that was actually a remake of the original. Direct to DVD filmn definitely get a bad rap.

Child's Play, CP2, CP3, BOC,SOC

characters created by Don Mancini

Produced by David Kirschner

written by Don Mancini

Curse of Chucky

Directed by Don Mancini

Produced by David Kirschner and Don Mancini

Written by Don Mancini

Kirschner and Mancini have been at the helm of the entire franchise, don't judge this one so quickly.

Well, critical response really doesn't have that big of a say in a film's success. If anything I think it's because this breaks the current horror movie trend. It's all about Paranormal shit. Found footage, posession, haunted houses, "based on a true story" you know. Chuckie is not that. Sure he's a doll possessed by a serial killer, but in the end, he's a *censored*ing doll that kills people. He just doesn't click with the average teen demographic makes up of huge percentage of a horror film's revenue.

Am I the only one that thinks Chucky looks like a girl a little bit?

Anyways, can't wait to see it. I was kinda sad to find out that it won't be in theaters, but eh, it'll be cheaper to go off and rent it then to go to a cinema lol

Nope, we are 2 brother.

Archived