Not sure if anyones realized/asked this.

XxxAlcLegacyxxX

Are 2k going for a golden era game? I mean for example We so far have Savage and Warrior,both big names of the golden era.While we also have HBK (in his WM25 (or 26?) attire).I think this could be awesome if so.I just hope there is a legit story mode in the game.Would be cool for an Attitude Era style mode also.Thoughts?

I feel as though a golden era theme is unlikely. As you said, Michaels is in his late WM attires which makes me lean more towards how the WWE franchise of games used to work with a current roster, a handfull of legends/alumni and no other themes.

With that said I can see it being a possibility, just not a probability.

On a personal note, I wouldn't buy a game with an 80's theme unless the full current roster is present... seriously, a full current roster being in the game and then they can do whatever the hell they want with it from my point of view.

why does everyone refer to the 80's WWF as the 'Golden' era? it was actually called the 'Rock'N'Wrestling' era. the Golden era is Gorgeous George, Buddy Rodgers, (early)Bruno Sammartino, Killer Kowalski, Freddie Blassie ect.

just sayin'.

If we are getting a golden era type theme, then I hope we get some classic arenas as well. I want that Caesars Palace WM 9 arena.

i really , really wish we dont get a golden era theme ! as i hate it , 85 % of these guy back then didnt know how to wrestle , hulk hogan warrior ect ... just body builder no wrestler , execpt savage steamboat hbk bret heart and little few other most part been big guy with big arm and no wrestling ability at all , it would be like havin 50 cena in the game -_- no thk !

I don't care about the theme of the game. I just want variety. There is no need to have 3 of the same Guy like last year.

I don't think we will be getting 3 HHH's or 3 Ultimate Warriors this time around. I'm sure 2K would be like "are you guys *censored*ing stupid" to the THQ guys working on the game if they saw 10 or 15 different characters and they were all different versions of 3 or 4 guys.

If we are getting a golden era type theme, then I hope we get some classic arenas as well. I want that Caesars Palace WM 9 arena.

i really , really wish we dont get a golden era theme ! as i hate it , 85 % of these guy back then didnt know how to wrestle , hulk hogan warrior ect ... just body builder no wrestler , execpt savage steamboat hbk bret heart and little few other most part been big guy with big arm and no wrestling ability at all , it would be like havin 50 cena in the game -_- no thk !

Yea but in a video game, anyone can be a good wrestler, even Cena!

And knowing the track record of the guys making this game, Warrior will probably have a swanton bomb, King Kong Bundy would come equipped with a fameasser, and Yokozuna would have a 450 splash.

I don't care about the theme of the game. I just want variety. There is no need to have 3 of the same Guy like last year.

I don't think we will be getting 3 HHH's or 3 Ultimate Warriors this time around. I'm sure 2K would be like "are you guys *censored*ing stupid" to the THQ guys working on the game if they saw 10 or 15 different characters and they were all different versions of 3 or 4 guys.

I hope there will be a least one duplicate of Undertaker, current & classic.

And knowing the track record of the guys making this game, Warrior will probably have a swanton bomb, King Kong Bundy would come equipped with a fameasser, and Yokozuna would have a 450 splash.

lol XD oh yeah wouldnt suprise me at all !

I can imagine with this " some of the greatest champions video" in mind that aired recently, that the theme of the game is some sort of All Stars, greatest Champions of all time or something like that. :)

I hope there will be a least one duplicate of Undertaker, current & classic.

this will be good if we have 2 versions of undertaker and shown these 2 superstars are also legends

Are 2k going for a golden era game? I mean for example We so far have Savage and Warrior,both big names of the golden era.While we also have HBK (in his WM25 (or 26?) attire).I think this could be awesome if so.I just hope there is a legit story mode in the game.Would be cool for an Attitude Era style mode also.Thoughts?

How is Wrestlemania 25/26 HBK considered Golden Era?

Archived