WWE 2K14: Shawn Michael Finisher Details Revealed

BrockMeatCannon

New details have been revealed in regards to the Shawn Michaels finisher maneuver in the upcoming Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 video game, “WWE 2K14.” According to a report by WWE Gaming on June 30, the character can now throw his opponent in the air and use his super kick. The move is similar to the one from the previously-released “WWE All Stars” title. You can check out several screen of Shawn Michaels, as well as some other shots of the forthcoming wrestling video game, in the slideshow at the top of this article.

So basically we can do that awesome SCM similar to what he did to Shelton back in 2004? I'm all for it.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll probably remove it from the moveset, honestly...if it's a stand-alone move. If it's some sort of modifier, then I probably just won't use it. Looks way too cartoony for my liking. Hopefully there are some other moves that are similar, which have actually been used, or at least look realistic. I kinda have my hopes up. I'd take more catch finishers over this. Antonio Cesaro's entire moveset needs to be catch-compatible. :lol:

Has HBK ever thrown his opponent in the air for Sweet Chin Music though...?

Never.

A Powerbomb would fit perfectly.

They should include the powerbomb that Lesnar did to Spike when he debuted.

I always loved how he just tossed him into the air.

It's already in the game; as a reversal. But yes, it would be sweet if we had it as an actual usable move.

I'll probably remove it from the moveset, honestly...if it's a stand-alone move. If it's some sort of modifier, then I probably just won't use it. Looks way too cartoony for my liking. Hopefully there are some other moves that are similar, which have actually been used, or at least look realistic. I kinda have my hopes up. I'd take more catch finishers over this. Antonio Cesaro's entire moveset needs to be catch-compatible. :lol:

that moves scares me it makes me think that 2k made it too arcady like there basketball games

Comments like this, yet people still plug Smackdown! Here Comes The Pain's Free Roam.

I wish they would bring back the SCM version were after HBK hits it, he falls backwards into the pin.

it's at 2:55

or just bring back ALL of these versions for better variety.

Why they removed WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2009's Pin Varieties I'll never understand, kinda like mo-capping an entire new Sweet Chin Music for corner moves instead of simple removing the dance at the end and giving us WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2005's SCM. THQ got into this "We need the SCM to end in either a backflip or that flying a crossed the ring animation like it's suppose to connect with the Pedigree", then again look at "Stone Cold" Steve Austin's Stunner. They should have kept Pull-in Stunner (Stone Cold Stunner 5 Only in WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2005) Stone Cold Stunner w/ Trash talking (Stone Cold Stunner 3 from WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2006) and Generic Stone Cold Stunner (The original Mr.McMahon Stunner that's in CAF). Now all they have is, The Rock's Reaction Stunner, Eugene's Stunner and the new Backflip W/ Middle Finger Stunner.

I like it. It's not unrealistic as you do see it from time to time. Sure it's unrealistic in terms that you wouldn't see it in a real fight or wrestling match or whatever but it definitely gets used in pro wrestling. Best example of that is Cesaro's Uppercut. However, I will agree that someone like Michaels would probably never do this, and I hope there is something I can do to stop the PC doing it with characters that wouldn't do it but can.

So basically we can do that awesome SCM similar to what he did to Shelton back in 2004? I'm all for it.

So basically, you just flat out didn't pay attention to WWE13-

What a surprise, it's not hard to forget when the only Catching Finisher people use is RKO 2. I've never, once seen someone actually do the Catching SCM.

that moves scares me it makes me think that 2k made it too arcady like there basketball games

If only 2k made it

Yup. There will be a lot of "2k did this and that" over the next few months.

My favorite was after the trailer some one on here said "2k made it look the same as thq. Why?"

Comments like this, yet people still plug Smackdown! Here Comes The Pain's Free Roam.

That's just because it was free roam. I don't think many people cared about the fact that there was a bunch of stupid and unrealistic stuff packed in there...simply because we had the ability to walk around as we wished. I don't mind there being unrealistic stuff in the game...so long as we can choose to turn it on or off (or simply avoid it). In HCTP's free roam, there was nobody forcing you to perform an elbow drop from the helicopter...it was just something you could do for shits and giggles. Same goes for this variation of the SCM...as long as it's something that can be removed from HBK's moveset, I don't have a problem with it...but I personally won't be using it.

Archived