Here you go, Part 1. *Warning*: (Spoiler/Leak)

AnotherWorld

Its bs....owen's widow continues to not allow owens likeness to be used for wwe profit. You lost the game right there.

No he didn't, lawsuit has been settled. She sold out.

oh and I sooo want to believe this, can't wait for part 2 tomorrow, true or not, this got me excited, which is what I've been waiting for for so long.

that was only for the dvd they have to pay her if they use him in any new median

That would be easily done though. It's like how they had to pay to use Gangrel last year.

Although I still don't believe this. If he was working in the CPU development he wouldn't have all of this information.

Also the 1 post thing.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its bs....owen's widow continues to not allow owens likeness to be used for wwe profit. You lost the game right there.

oh and I sooo want to believe this, can't wait for part 2 tomorrow, true or not, this got me excited, which is what I've been waiting for for so long.

They settled yes but she didnt sell out. Wwe is allowed to use archived footage and photos of Owen NOT produce figures, t shirts, put him in games, etc.

They settled yes but she didnt sell out. Wwe is allowed to use archived footage and photos of Owen NOT produce figures, t shirts, put him in games, etc.

This. The lawsuit was over WWE's use of Owen in the Hart Anthology DVD. Martha's case was that WWE had no right to use Owen on the dvd. WWE claimed they had a right since it as their own footage and photos. Then it turns out WWE felt that since it was their own footage/photos that they did not have to pay any royalties to Owen's estate.

The end result of the settlement was WWE picked up Martha's legal bills for the case and paid royalties for the dvd. In turn WWE promised not to create new merchandise featuring Owen unless it is in connection to another talent's likeness (ex: if a match on a dvd/tv features some one vs. owen they can use it). They also promised not to go forward on an Owen Hart DVD that was planned for 2013 then pushed back to 2014 by the lawsuit.

Mattel said at their Q+A this year at Comic Con that two wrestlers (Owen and Scott Hall) are 100% off limits. One WWE won't allow them to use and the other they cannot even contact their estate. Jakks also claimed when they made wwe figures that Martha's lawyers sent a letter to Jakks informing them that by asking her every 6 months for permission it was harassment and Martha would sue if contacted again.

To be in a video game/ figure Martha and Owen's estate would have to sign off on it. Bret Hart has said as recently as March that Martha continues to claim she will never allow Owen's likeness to be used in a way that makes money for WWE and that she has her kids thinking the same way. So even eventually when the estate turns over to Owen's kids it is also not likely we will get Owen merchandise any time soon.

This was all on WWE's corporate website (since it's public information) when the settlement occurred.

This. The lawsuit was over WWE's use of Owen in the Hart Anthology DVD. Martha's case was that WWE had no right to use Owen on the dvd. WWE claimed they had a right since it as their own footage and photos. Then it turns out WWE felt that since it was their own footage/photos that they did not have to pay any royalties to Owen's estate.

The end result of the settlement was WWE picked up Martha's legal bills for the case and paid royalties for the dvd. In turn WWE promised not to create new merchandise featuring Owen unless it is in connection to another talent's likeness (ex: if a match on a dvd/tv features some one vs. owen they can use it). They also promised not to go forward on an Owen Hart DVD that was planned for 2013 then pushed back to 2014 by the lawsuit.

Mattel said at their Q+A this year at Comic Con that two wrestlers (Owen and Scott Hall) are 100% off limits. One WWE won't allow them to use and the other they cannot even contact their estate. Jakks also claimed when they made wwe figures that Martha's lawyers sent a letter to Jakks informing them that by asking her every 6 months for permission it was harassment and Martha would sue if contacted again.

To be in a video game/ figure Martha and Owen's estate would have to sign off on it. Bret Hart has said as recently as March that Martha continues to claim she will never allow Owen's likeness to be used in a way that makes money for WWE and that she has her kids thinking the same way. So even eventually when the estate turns over to Owen's kids it is also not likely we will get Owen merchandise any time soon.

This was all on WWE's corporate website (since it's public information) when the settlement occurred.

I still have my Owen Hart action Figure from when he tagged with Anvil.

Why is scott hall off limits ??

The fact that all his personal problems are so well publicized it would be bad publicity to feature a known drug addict in the games/ figures. One of the sites back maybe last year said WWE did not want to produce anything that Scott Hall would profit off of with royalties. The THQ guy on here last year said Razor was a guy they have wanted in the games, but are "not allowed". With Mattel hinting it was Hall I assume this is still in place.

The fact that all his personal problems are so well publicized it would be bad publicity to feature a known drug addict in the games/ figures. One of the sites back maybe last year said WWE did not want to produce anything that Scott Hall would profit off of with royalties. The THQ guy on here last year said Razor was a guy they have wanted in the games, but are "not allowed". With Mattel hinting it was Hall I assume this is still in place.

Hall being off-limits is a surprise to me. Owen and you-know-who, are not.

If I'm not mistaken, WWE don't consider him officially "Off-Limits". I mean, he's featured in the Alumni section, and the NWO: The Revolution DVD from last year featured him heavily. I know in the case of Mattel (WWE's toy licencees), he's practically considered taboo, due to him admitting murdering a man on the E60 documentary. They don't want a killer on their toy line, which even considering the circumstances surrounding the death, is understandable. Although oddly enough, a while back they did ask in a poll if fans would buy a Razor Ramon figure (They got a resounding "HOLY ****, YES!), so I'm not sure what the deal is with Scott.

I take this with a pinch of salt, although it does seem more believable than the other "leak" we got before. And as for Owen, I don't care how they'd get him in, just as long as they got him in. Enough is enough, the King of Harts deserves the adulation and adoration of the fans. If they are making an "Upto WMX-Seven" game though, I wonder how they're going to deal with key people being employed by TNA like Angle/Dudleyz/Jeff Hardy. I mean, as much as it sounds like something I'd book, I don't fancy having the WM X7 ladder match being E&C vs X-Pac and Stevie Richards.

Archived