What is an unpopular or controversial or just plain "wrong" opinion/idea/belief you hold?

M3:16

If marijuana would be legalized it would have to be sold like tobacco and have age limitation and growing should be illegal.

This.

Legalise it, tax it and handle it the same way they do with tobacco.

I don't consume either but I agree with this. Would make shit a heck of a lot easier.

I don't either, but I also dont' think that is a controversial opinion at all. In fact Denver is going to do exactly that very thing soon.

Bacon is shit.

Whoa whoa! Wait a minute! I get the topic, but this...?

There is 0 reason for patriotism in general.

(it's ofcourse okay in sports events)

Well dude, do you think that perhaps in part why you feel this way about patriotism is because your country TOOK IT TOO *censored*ING FAR!

I think Patriotism is great... as long as it's leveled by reason.

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if you're going to be interacting front-line with people in an English speaking country, you should have a good standard of English. People have called that racist, I don't think it is.

I don't believe in high taxes for big earners. The economic left always calls for this, and it's bullshit. If you've worked hard, you've earned the damn money, and you're entitled to the correct amount of it. >45% tax on it makes it worthless to get a higher pay packet.

Ditto on capping pay at a higher level. If I'm a CEO working a job that rarely stops, I damn sure want to be compensated correctly for it. People at that level often work beyond normal hours, and quite a bit outside the office.

If marijuana would be legalized it would have to be sold like tobacco and have age limitation and growing should be illegal.

Growing would be illegal for industrial or commercial use? Commerical I can understand; however, businesses would have to be able to grow. Whether through the system of a license to grow, then so be it.

Ultimately, I believe marijuana should simply be decriminalized. That means it is still looked down upon by society, but the police won't do anything to harass you, legally. But that's wishful thinking, obviously.

What could be done to weed out the population of those who can consume marijuana, are to issue out "Green Cards". Essentially, government approval of that individual consuming marijuana (for medical reasons).

I think if you're going to be interacting front-line with people in an English speaking country, you should have a good standard of English. People have called that racist, I don't think it is.

I don't believe in high taxes for big earners. The economic left always calls for this, and it's bullshit. If you've worked hard, you've earned the damn money, and you're entitled to the correct amount of it. >45% tax on it makes it worthless to get a higher pay packet.

Ditto on capping pay at a higher level. If I'm a CEO working a job that rarely stops, I damn sure want to be compensated correctly for it. People at that level often work beyond normal hours, and quite a bit outside the office.

If you were to move to, say, an Arab speaking country. How fast would you learn to speak Arab? Not a personal attack, but I've heard many ignorant people say this.

If you were to move to, say, an Arab speaking country. How fast would you learn to speak Arab? Not a personal attack, but I've heard many ignorant people say this.

That's a fair point. I do think though if you're going to move to a country that has a different primary language, you should make an effort. There's a good amount of times I've gone to fast food places/restaurants/shops and had to repeat stuff a good few times to get the other person to understand. Again, not a racist thing, it's a courtesy thing for me.

Genocide is a necessary evil to keep the population from growing out of control. Sacrifice of few leads to better life for majority. Genocide/killing sucks, and I hate it, but can countries support massive population?

People who constantly point out or shove or insert theism or atheism down one's throat are dickheads and should just stfu and let others live the way they want.

Wonder what your thoughts on this would be if the government decided you should die for the sake of majority, would you just accept it?

That's a fair point. I do think though if you're going to move to a country that has a different primary language, you should make an effort. There's a good amount of times I've gone to fast food places/restaurants/shops and had to repeat stuff a good few times to get the other person to understand. Again, not a racist thing, it's a courtesy thing for me.

I agree on this, if you are planning on living there for an extended period of time, you should try to learn the language.

One more: democratic constitutional monarchies are absolute bullcrap.

Genocide is a necessary evil to keep the population from growing out of control. Sacrifice of few leads to better life for majority. Genocide/killing sucks, and I hate it, but can countries support massive population?

People who constantly point out or shove or insert theism or atheism down one's throat are dickheads and should just stfu and let others live the way they want.

Wonder what your thoughts on this would be if the government decided you should die for the sake of majority, would you just accept it?

Dunno. I would likely be unhappy as I do contribute or would contribute something to society, just like most of those killed Jews and political prisoners would have.

WHAT?!

Lets try not to get a flame war started as this will be a topic filled with unpopular stuff and also no demanding that user post stuff to back up their thinking. I'll start, I think America is vastly superior to any Latin American country and the hate the USA gets from them is purely down to Jealousy or not knowing any better.

They don't hate the USA, they hate the over patriotic, arrogant Americans, which happen to be a loud minority in the continent.

There's nothing wrong with patriotism, it's the blind patriotism that's annoying and problematic. Shit like "if you don't like it, then get out of our country" or "our country is better than yours!" is gonna piss people off. I mean, despite knowing America is at best shady, I still love my country while many others refuse to see anything questionable and keep on saying "AMERICA FTW! BESTEST COUNTRY EVA!"

I don't believe it gay marriage. I have nothing against people wanting to be happy, I just don't think it's right. Besides, I thought gay people actually celebrated the fact they were different. Isn't that the whole point of the Gay Pride Parade? To then turn around and complain that they're not the same as everyone else is kinda contradictive to me.

Well, just because they are different doesn't really mean they have be bullied, denied rights straight couples get, or treated as second-class citizens for who they are though.

No one should be bullied for any reason. I don't judge people by sexual preference, religion, race etc., but by character. Call me 'old fashioned', but I think marriage should be between a man and women.

Gay people are far from being treated as second-class citizens. They have the No Hate Campaign, and It Get's Better Project. There are more gay characters than ever on TV. Whenever someone comes out the closet they have a coming out party. This is the best time to be gay than ever!

I don't believe it gay marriage. I have nothing against people wanting to be happy, I just don't think it's right. Besides, I thought gay people actually celebrated the fact they were different. Isn't that the whole point of the Gay Pride Parade? To then turn around and complain that they're not the same as everyone else is kinda contradictive to me.

Well, just because they are different doesn't really mean they have be bullied, denied rights straight couples get, or treated as second-class citizens for who they are though.

No one should be bullied for any reason. I don't judge people by sexual preference, religion, race etc., but by character. Call me 'old fashioned', but I think marriage should be between a man and women.

Gay people are far from being treated as second-class citizens. They have the No Hate Campaign, and It Get's Better Project. There are more gay characters than ever on TV. Whenever someone comes out the closet they have a coming out party. This is the best time to be gay than ever!

Some societies today have made significant strides in the equality of gay people, however many societies around the world today gay people still experience hostility, discrimination and even death.

Respect is based on who you present yourself as and the deeds you do. It is NOT based on career status, wealth, or popularity.

Add age to that list and I fully agree.

True. I forgot that one. I have actually gotten in trouble for being hateful to an elderly person who disrespected me(she told me to shave my mustache so I told her off) . I am all for respecting you're elders but if they don't give it back then they don't deserve it in the first place.

Few weeks ago, I read about two separate incidents in NYC where gay couples or a gay guy was beaten up. Homosexuals in many places still get treated like shit, bullied, beaten, and even killed. I don't see how "No Hate Campaign" and "It Gets Better" project means they're not treated as second-class citizens when they get beaten up.

One way Philly is better, I don't remember reading any anti-homosexual beating going on. Hell, Philly has a whole neighborhood for the homosexuals! Of course, it still has a high homicide rate, so...

Isn't marijuana less harmful than a cigarette? Why is the government so stingy?

Not really when smoked. You're still inhaling smoke which is awful for your lungs.

But there's no nicotine or other bad drugs in marijuana. Less chemicals, I'd say?

We live in a virtual world and are being watched right now on a big screen somewhere in a enclosed location.

The scary thing is you may be right. The creepy part is who might be watching us.

It's *censored*ed up how every other race besides white people can get away with supremacism and racism. I'm not saying white people should be able to, I'm saying no one else should either.

Very much this.

I don't think we should condemn pedophiles to rot in jail. They really can't help the way they think, we should try and set some sort of facility up for them. I don't really know how to say it but that's what I mean I guess. Sorry its late and I'm tired.

Archived