Independent Girls Retiring

Brittney-Savage_zps4457da49.jpg

Brittney Savage has announced her intent to leave wrestling at the end of the year.

The two-time J-Cup winner sent out a series of tweets that read:

Brittney began her career in November 2008 as Brooke Carter, but it wasn’t until she debuted for WSU that she really started turning heads. Not long after her arrival in WSU, she formed a tag team with AJ Lee(then going by Miss April) called The AC Express. In February 2009, The AC Express defeated The Beatdown Betties to become the new WSU Tag Team Champions.

Unfortunately for their team (but fortunately for the WWE!), AJ was soon signed to a developmental deal and departed the independent scene, leaving Carter partner-less. WSU allowed her to make a replacement and she chose Alicia. The pair lost the tag titles to Hailey Hatred and Jessicka Havok in August 2009, and in rematch with them in October, Carter turned heel and aligned herself with Rick Cataldo. She also re-named herself Brittney Savage.

Since then, Savage has won the WSU Spirit Championship three times and the J-Cup Tournament twice, in both 2011 and 2012. She made a face turn in 2011, helping defend WSU against the Midwest Militia.

She also made a one-off appearance on Smackdown in November 2009, as part of Beth Phoenix‘s “squash tour”.

More recently, Savage has become a local staple for SHINE Wrestling in Florida. She will also be part of Wrestlicious’s second season.

Rain_zpsa3d83f3b.jpeg

SHINE Wrestling star Rain has joined Brittney Savage in announcing that she will be retiring by end of the year.

Following Brittney’s announcement on Twitter, Rain revealed that she too is winding down her in-ring career:

She elaborated on her reasons for retiring, citing wear and tear on her body sustained over her 13-year career:

Rain has performed for a number of promotions, including SHIMMER, SHINE, WSU and Wrestlicious. She also had a stint in TNA as Payton Banks.

Following her announcement, Rain was sure to encourage fans to continue watching SHINE despite her and Brittney’s departures.

Savage.

She is an independent wrestler. i started watching independent wrestling earlier this year when Shine started coming out. She has been on Shine a couple of times but personally I wasn't that impressed with her in ring work.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a promo/trailer that someone posted....is it bad that i want to see it?!? LOL

There were ladies like Daizee Haze and Becky Bayless and Lacy Von Erich(<---not saying much though) on it. They had some good names on it but there's better elsewhere.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm sorry if I sound clueless....but who is she exactly?

She also appeared on Smackdown in a squash match against Beth Phoenix..when Beth was facing local indy girls.

An update on Savage, she said that she won't be retiring at the end of the year as something 'big' is happening in her career. Whether it's a tv deal, I have no clue,.

Brittany Savage is still wrestling, got a deal in the pipeline somewhere with WWE or TNA I heard?

Highly doubt it's WWE since she keeps re-tweeting tweets about it being WWE and WWE has yanked girls from a contract before for that.

I saw a promo/trailer that someone posted....is it bad that i want to see it?!? LOL

There were ladies like Daizee Haze and Becky Bayless and Lacy Von Erich(<---not saying much though) on it. They had some good names on it but there's better elsewhere.

Daizee Haze is wrestling again?! Did she overcome her eating disorder? Or does she still look toothpick thin.

Brittany Savage is still wrestling, got a deal in the pipeline somewhere with WWE or TNA I heard?

Highly doubt it's WWE since she keeps re-tweeting tweets about it being WWE and WWE has yanked girls from a contract before for that.

You never know....Ariane Andrews/Cameron was doing the same thing and she is still got signed.

You never know....Ariane Andrews/Cameron was doing the same thing and she is still got signed.

Taya Valkeryie or whatever got her contract yanked because people found out. Diva Dirt almost cost Paige her contract. It's probably the fact that she's going to be filming the new season of wrestlicious. Savage doesn't have a good look or is very good in the ring. If she was signed with the WWE it would be a huge mistake on WWE's part.

Archived