Wrestling Pictures & Gifs

Fried

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looking at these lucha gifs really make me wish I could really get into the style. I don't know why, but I just can't. It's odd because I really like the lucha style from what I've seen in the US, but to watch a show from Mexico just turns me off. Although with that being said, any combination of Juvi, Psicosis, and Rey Jr. in the 90's was amazing.

I agree, I've been through that before. My problem with lucha is that the quality can vary so much. It's hardly consistent for any great period of time. Both in the ring and even some of the storylines and TV coverage. It can sometimes be very amateurish. But on the other hand when you get a really good match, when all the stars align, when you get a few guys who work well together it can be really really spectacular to watch.

UMB

aerx21.gif

Yeah, that's the same with most things though. Maybe I'm just watching the wrong stuff. I saw IVP has a 6 disc comp of Lucha in the 90's and I'm contemplating getting it thinking that everything I've watched (which is within the last couple of years) is just oversaturated with horrible habits as most other styles are these days. Although maybe Lucha's just not for me. I watched a 6 man tag match from AAA last week and the sound of the bumps irritated me endlessly. Sounds like there's metal siding under the ring canvas or something.

Is that Taylor/UMB gif from a match? If so, I must see it.

Luchablog.com often do a best match round up of the different promotions often with links to the videos, maybe that could be a good place to start if you're interested.

I havent seen the match myself but the UMB/Taylor gig was taken from their match at Aniversario & His Amazing Friends from 2011 which was the first night of the "12 large summit".

I struggle to get into Lucha too. There is a big disparity between general match quality. I've seen great matches, but their awful ones tend to be the worst of teh worst. Another problem with lucha is it just doesn't have nearly as many must see matches as puro or nearly as many badass stars as puro either.

I've been meaning to check out this year's G1 Climax. I've heard nothing but good things about it so far. I also don't know who won yet, so don't spoil that. But I've heard that both Tana vs Ibushi and Shibata vs Iishi are incredible matches. I've also heard that Kojima is finding new life in this tournament and that Davey Boy Smith Jr. is looking downright amazing in G1. I'll have to see for myself as I've only read reviews and saw a bunch of pics and gifs regarding the tourny so far.

Here is a gif from the tourny, Togi is a baaaad maaaan!

g3k.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived