Grenade, you still alive?

Lumpy McRighteous

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^saw it this morning. Turns out channel 4 didn't know what they were talking about. Still sad that we lost life but at least it's not as bad as the media made it out to be.

Not for nothing, but when Sandy hit here we found out that out of that $10 the Red Cross gets, about $3 actually goes to relief the rest goes to people who work there among other things.

Exactly. They also charge you for staying in their shelters. The red cross does a lot of good but they shouldn't profit off of disasters.

you ever think about moving nade?

A little, but who doesn't? I still love it here.

Natural disasters are really a pick your poison type thing. Yeah I have to deal with tornadoes here, but I'd just be trading it for hurricanes, earthquakes, etc if I moved.

You can text "storm" to 80888 to donate $10 to the Salvation army to help with the relief effort.

That better than the Red Cross? I just want to know the best possible place to donate before I do.

The Salvation army is a church. I have been a member all my life. Right now the Salvation army is in moore serving food to the first responders and the victims. All money donated will go to buy things the survivors need such as food, water, diapers, and personal care products.

That wreckage is awful. At least you're doing fine. Thoughts and prayers with your relatives though. Sorry to hear about that.

And yeah Salv Army is legit to the best of my knowledge. I'm always concerned about where my donation money goes with a lot of organizations though.

But dude, you guys should think about Pittsburgh... we don't have any natural disastors. Highway construction is a bitch though. They work on our tunnels and highways every single spring, summer, and fall constantly closing down roads. But your house won't get blown away, no quakes, volcanoes, tsunami's, alien invasions, dinosaurs, none of that crap.

All of the money donated to the Salvation army goes to help people. If you donate to storm relief it all goes to help the first responders and victims. If you donate to your local Salvation army corps it all goes to help that community. The red cross uses about 3 of every 10 dollars to help with victims the rest goes to pay the administrators($120,000 per year est.)

God bless, man. You helping out like this and doing what you can for the people that had to suffer such an unfortunate and tragic event is awesome. If I could upvote.. I would. Amazing pictures too, especially the tornado. I'm into this kind of thing myself but man if I ever actually had to deal with a tornado that big, I'd be terrified.

Archived