Grenade, you still alive?

Lumpy McRighteous

Severe weather produced multiple tornadoes that tore across central Oklahoma, Sunday afternoon.

The first tornado touched down near 15th St. between Coltrane and Bryant in the city of Edmond. Damage and debris was reported by News 9 storm chasers.

Scanner reports indicate damage in the Thornebrook housing area. One home is said to have had its 2nd floor ripped off. However, EMSA says no injuries have been reported in Edmond at this time.

Multiple power flashes were visible as the tornado moved through the area. Over 3,000 OG&E customers are currently without power, about 1,100 in Edmond and about 2,400 in north Oklahoma City.

The tornado was moving east northeast, toward Interstate 35 in the direction of Lake Arcadia.

A second tornado also touched down at Post Rd. and 2nd. St. east of Edmond and I-35. Not much damage was reported with this tornado.

A third tornado touched down about a mile and a half north of Luther approaching the small towns Wellston and Carney. Debris was reported and circulation was observed as being about a half a mile wide. Preliminary reports suggest this twister may be an ef-4 or even an ef-5.

Carney, Okla. was directly in the path of this tornado. Multiple homes have sustained heavy damage. No reports yet on injuries.

Keep checking with News 9 and News9.com for more information.

Source: http://www.news9.com/story/22293187/damage-reported-as-multiple-tornadoes-touch-down-in-central-ok

This begs the question of whether or not a member of Caws and a decent fella to boot has found shelter to avoid these storms.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's all gravy at my house atm. Pretty routine spring weather unfortunately. But yeah, alive for now. The serious shit is about 20 minutes south. Just chillin on my couch browsing caws about to eat dinner.

I was in okc on the way back to chickasha when the first tornado sat down in Edmond. We drove as fast as possible to get the hell outta there but we were still met with pouring rain and hail. Our church van dang near swapped ends when we hydroplaned. Oklahoma weather absolutely sucks .

Archived