The Miz

XXX.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I posted this on the SummerSlam thread yesterday, but I mind as well copy & paste it here too for the people who didn't read it:

WWE made The Miz host of SummerSlam for a reason. I have a few scenario's that could go down at the PPV:

* They want to truly test The Miz's ability to try and get over as a babyface at one of their major PPV's.

* Heel option 1: Have him interfere in the WHC match by attacking Christian so Sandow can cash in his briefcase. Thus setting up a possible 5-man challenge at Night of Champions ( Sandow vs Rhodes vs Christian vs Alberto Del Rio vs The Miz ). And then they can use this to setup an " Chasing for the Grand Slam " storyline.

* Heel option 2: Have him interfere in the CM Punk vs Lesnar match. The storyline could be The Miz revealing that he was always a " Paul Heyman guy " and then he starts antagonizing CM Punk by pointing out that during his 400+ day title reign, he couldn't manage to main event not 1 PPV. And no matter how hard he tried, he would never be able to. CM Punk can use this as another challenge for him to prove that he is indeed the " Best in the World ".

* Heel option 3: Have him interfere in the Cena vs Bryan match. They can do this storyline in various of ways: Create a " redemption " storyline where The Miz telling Vince, Triple H, etc. that he's not taking backseats anymore and he's going to reclaim what's rightfully his, the WWE Championship. Or he can tell Bryan that he's not going to let his protege overshadow him no more and he's going to break the hearts of the WWE Universe! ( Lol I'll enjoy the IWC rage too ).

* Surprise Swerve 1: Have John Morrison come back as a heel, either by attacking him or telling The Miz that he hasn't forgotten what he had done to him before he left.

* Surprise Swerve 2: Have John Morrison come back still a face. Let him talk to the crowd about how happy he is to be back, etc. Then have The Miz attack him from behind, and then Skull Crushing Finale him on the stage again ( like in Morrison's last match ) and The Miz yelling at him that he's not suppose to be coming back, that he gotten rid of him.

One of these 6 options are going to happen. I guarantee it! ( Damn I'm good! )

I can see it too, but I don't want his irrelevant ass in the main event picture again. Especially RAW's.

Maybe Bastisa might return too since Vince doesn't want either men to win. Miz heel, Batista run in and Age of Orton cash in. Cluster*censored* for days.

Really? Really? Really now?

Looking at him now, it's hard to believe he actually used to be on the top of WWE, he used to be the one who carried the company, god damnit!. He's a natural heel and a good talker, but his current babyface role is holding him back. He's lost some of his personality and has a generic look (black trunks, slicked back hair). He's average in the ring, though, and has botched a lot. Never been a fan, never been a hater, but his current state is sad, he used to be a world champ, now the best I can see him do is win a midcard title... over and over again. He's lost his credibility.

If you want a thread to discuss the Miz then you should probably make a fan club in the Fun&Games section =D.

I don't like him but I respect him he went through a shitload to come where he is. And. I won't lie he has come to show he loves the business and is willing to put in the extra work for it. Surprising for a reality show guy who in all honesty could have just used the wwe to boost his stock.

seriously .... its not hard miz as heel top 3 of the compagnie ..admit it or not ... second highest rating of all time go and check it out if yall dont beleive me ... ziggler as heel ( not talking about ring skill ) needed vickie for heat , miz got heat by himself needed no one to get boo out of the building , heel promo i dont know who said it was boring but seriously need to tell me what was boring about miz old promo this guy was just *censored*in entertaining ... miz has ''it'' as heel , now face he doesnt have ''it'' right now might never will if this keep up not because of him but put it simply wwe booking is just terrible thats it , some guy in here just like to hate with no reasonable right .... its not because you dislike some one that mean he is bad or just dont have ''it'' ... anyway waste of time , and just like saying cody rhode didnt have ''it '' as heel , he had it all along it was simply bad booking , you guy think too much it just wrestling , wwe creative issue .

Nobody hates on The Miz, people just have valid reasons as to why they don't like him, me included. His championship heel runs are always interesting, but when you take away the belt, you've got a guy who has been doing the same routine basically since his wrestling debut. While he can cut decent promos, as heel it's he gets the crowd to boo not just because of what he's saying, but he has the ability to come off as so annoying that it makes him unlikable. He does the same thing as a face, except his jokes are now being directed at heels, and it's gotten boring. He's relied on the same promo techniques like cheap pops, over doing his catchphrases, and its hurt him, really. I used to be hyped when his music hit. Noe everytime I hear "Awwweesomeee!", I just think "-sigh- This guy? Really? Really?"

Nobody hates on The Miz, people just have valid reasons as to why they don't like him, me included. His championship heel runs are always interesting, but when you take away the belt, you've got a guy who has been doing the same routine basically since his wrestling debut. While he can cut decent promos, as heel it's he gets the crowd to boo not just because of what he's saying, but he has the ability to come off as so annoying that it makes him unlikable. He does the same thing as a face, except his jokes are now being directed at heels, and it's gotten boring. He's relied on the same promo techniques like cheap pops, over doing his catchphrases, and its hurt him, really. I used to be hyped when his music hit. Noe everytime I hear "Awwweesomeee!", I just think "-sigh- This guy? Really? Really?"

i do get what you are saying but hope you understand what im saying too ... if he had the same booking than del rio as face he might had a chance as a face but how can you really blame the guy when the booking is just so terrible the guy cant even invest into the storyline so i just think its fair thats promo are gettin stale or he just relie on cheap pop .

As I said in the other thread...

I enjoyed him as a heel, but he has been bland as hell as a face. While he's still good on the mic, his heel stuff was just better, both in-ring and on the mic. He's just the opposite of Dolph Ziggler: Works naturally as a heel and comes forced as a face. Can't say I've ever been a fan of the guy, but from a pure entertainment standpoint, I wish he would turn heel again, as he really, really (cwutididthere?) sucks as a face.

i do get what you are saying but hope you understand what im saying too ... if he had the same booking than del rio as face he might had a chance as a face but how can you really blame the guy when the booking is just so terrible the guy cant even invest into the storyline so i just think its fair thats promo are gettin stale or he just relie on cheap pop .

You do realize that Del Rio was even more bland as a face than Miz, right?

I enjoyed him as a heel, but he has been bland as hell as a face. While he's still good on the mic, his heel stuff was just better, both in-ring and on the mic. He's just the opposite of Dolph Ziggler: Works naturally as a heel and comes forced as a face. Can't say I've ever been a fan of the guy, but from a pure entertainment standpoint, I wish he would turn heel again, as he really, really (cwutididthere?) sucks as a face.

yeah but give him the same booking , same oppenent , same in ring time , same promo time itll be diffrent .

yeah but give him the same booking , same oppenent , same in ring time , same promo time itll be diffrent .

So what you're saying is, he needs to be a Main Eventer and World Heavyweight Champion (or competing for it throughout his run) to be interesting? If anything, that shows his lack of diversity if he can't adapt to different roles (especially different to ME), and the blame falls on him instead of creative.

nah its not exactly what im saying but close enough , what im saying is how can someone invest when they are not book right !? , how can he cut a decent promo if he cant invest in it !? , when facing guy like 3 mb and guy like that , one good example when miz almost had it good as a face when he got one on one against ziggler and cesaro now that was interesting , now another example hosting summerslam really !? , been on a fued with axel but what for 3 week there is no time to invest so ... and there is something i have to agree with what you just said miz need a title to be at the top of his game i gotta admit this ! and no doubt he is better and come off naturaly as a heel !

nah its not exactly what im saying but close enough , what im saying is how can someone invest when they are not book right !? , how can he cut a decent promo if he cant invest in it !? , when facing guy like 3 mb and guy like that , one good example when miz almost had it good as a face when he got one on one against ziggler and cesaro now that was interesting , now another example hosting summerslam really !? , been on a fued with axel but what for 3 week there is no time to invest so ... and there is something i have to agree with what you just said miz need a title to be at the top of his game i gotta admit this ! and no doubt he is better and come off naturaly as a heel !

Barely. His booking has hardly anything to do with it, considering he's been in title feuds for the most part of his face run. And he was better as a heel when his booking was about the same and he was more or less around the same titles. He's got mic time consistently and good-decent booking consistently, and just can't seem to pull it off as a face. It's that simple.

seriously .... its not hard miz as heel top 3 of the compagnie ..admit it or not ... second highest rating of all time go and check it out if yall dont beleive me ... ziggler as heel ( not talking about ring skill ) needed vickie for heat , miz got heat by himself needed no one to get boo out of the building , heel promo i dont know who said it was boring but seriously need to tell me what was boring about miz old promo this guy was just *censored*in entertaining ... miz has ''it'' as heel , now face he doesnt have ''it'' right now might never will if this keep up not because of him but put it simply wwe booking is just terrible thats it , some guy in here just like to hate with no reasonable right .... its not because you dislike some one that mean he is bad or just dont have ''it'' ... anyway waste of time , and just like saying cody rhode didnt have ''it '' as heel , he had it all along it was simply bad booking , you guy think too much it just wrestling , wwe creative issue .

First off, no one here is wrong in hating The Miz. Want to know something funny? I once liked him...once. See, Miz is a guy who needs other guys, or else no one else gives a damn about him. Why do you think his best work is when he has a partner? Miz And Morrison? Great. R-Truth and Miz? Generated heat. ShoMiz? Generated tons of heat. Miz alone? No. Morrison as a heel alone? Got heat. R-Truth alone? Made fans laugh, and got heat. Big Show? Definitely, without a doubt gets heat. Miz alone? As I said, the crowd is dead.

That's just going off his heel work. His in ring work is average, at best. There's no reason to really hate on his in ring work, but no good real reason to act like he's good in the ring. His new finisher, the figure four lock, looks horrible and normally I can accept goofy finishers but his just looks so far-fetched it isn't even funny.

As for the ratings, I seriously want to see the source for that, because why do I really have my doubts. After heels such as Jericho, The Rock, Nexus as a whole, Edge, and many other better heels who could generate and spark a much bigger reaction, I have a hard time believing that Miz would be anywhere close to that.

As for your insulting of Ziggler? You know there was a time where Dolph Ziggler got heat without Vickie, right? Try the Morrison feud, and any feud before that.

I will also give credit where it's due, that feud he had with Cena, when he wore the goofy fedora and the cooler shorts attire, he did perform some catchy things. As much as I am a fan of Punk, I didn't know why Miz's promo didn't go over just as - yes I do, his mic skills are half ass too. The guy has mic skills, but it's almost over-dramatizing things. You can tell he was a reality star, because half the things he says, I really can't buy into. I can tell "He doesn't really mean half of that.".

And hell, his gimmick didn't even work with him. He should be, that guy walking around with the ladies, but true credit where it's due, WWE doesn't book him correctly. He should be some rude player type, who doesn't give a damn about anyone and has an ego. But that requires two things. The people in charge of booking to either wise up, or get fired and a better replacement crew takes in. Or, Miz needs to step up his game and show he can pull off said gimmick.

As for his face run? All I'm saying is, if he left tomorow, I'm pretty sure the majority wouldn't bat an eye. And I don't hate Miz, all I'm saying is, he's proven time and time again to be wasted potentinal.

First off, no one here is wrong in hating The Miz. Want to know something funny? I once liked him...once. See, Miz is a guy who needs other guys, or else no one else gives a damn about him. Why do you think his best work is when he has a partner? Miz And Morrison? Great. R-Truth and Miz? Generated heat. ShoMiz? Generated tons of heat. Miz alone? No. Morrison as a heel alone? Got heat. R-Truth alone? Made fans laugh, and got heat. Big Show? Definitely, without a doubt gets heat. Miz alone? As I said, the crowd is dead.

That's just going off his heel work. His in ring work is average, at best. There's no reason to really hate on his in ring work, but no good real reason to act like he's good in the ring. His new finisher, the figure four lock, looks horrible and normally I can accept goofy finishers but his just looks so far-fetched it isn't even funny.

As for the ratings, I seriously want to see the source for that, because why do I really have my doubts. After heels such as Jericho, The Rock, Nexus as a whole, Edge, and many other better heels who could generate and spark a much bigger reaction, I have a hard time believing that Miz would be anywhere close to that.

As for your insulting of Ziggler? You know there was a time where Dolph Ziggler got heat without Vickie, right? Try the Morrison feud, and any feud before that.

I will also give credit where it's due, that feud he had with Cena, when he wore the goofy fedora and the cooler shorts attire, he did perform some catchy things. As much as I am a fan of Punk, I didn't know why Miz's promo didn't go over just as - yes I do, his mic skills are half ass too. The guy has mic skills, but it's almost over-dramatizing things. You can tell he was a reality star, because half the things he says, I really can't buy into. I can tell "He doesn't really mean half of that.".

And hell, his gimmick didn't even work with him. He should be, that guy walking around with the ladies, but true credit where it's due, WWE doesn't book him correctly. He should be some rude player type, who doesn't give a damn about anyone and has an ego. But that requires two things. The people in charge of booking to either wise up, or get fired and a better replacement crew takes in. Or, Miz needs to step up his game and show he can pull off said gimmick.

As for his face run? All I'm saying is, if he left tomorow, I'm pretty sure the majority wouldn't bat an eye. And I don't hate Miz, all I'm saying is, he's proven time and time again to be wasted potentinal.

i didnt even bother reading half of what your are saying ! as soons as you said miz did not generate heat as heel alone . and when you said i insulting ziggler my second fav wrestler of nowdays !

Barely. His booking has hardly anything to do with it, considering he's been in title feuds for the most part of his face run. And he was better as a heel when his booking was about the same and he was more or less around the same titles. He's got mic time consistently and good-decent booking consistently, and just can't seem to pull it off as a face. It's that simple.

dont get me wrong i agree with you he cant seem to pull it off as a face but dont agree with booking part !

Archived