The Miz

XXX.

Just look up Claudio Castagnoli promos/best moments, and Kings Of Wrestling. Just some friendly advice.

Some of you fans and your Indie fetishes. It matters what he can do in WWE. And don't give me an excuse like " Oh they haven't given him a good gimmick ". It's about him grabbing the opportunity. You see the WWE tried to give the ball to Barrett as well. They changed his theme like 8 times, change his look, etc... The guy flat out blows. And so will Cesaro unless he shows he can do whatever WWE gives him.

The difference is, Miz has had chances after chances, he hasn't taken his oppurtunities. Cesaro and Barrett haven't had as many, therefore they can be considered as more worthy; moreso than the Miz. Who has been stale and undesirable for a long, long time.

-

"Indy" is used with such negative conotations now-a-days. :/ Miz started on the indies as well you know?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually agree with #1 Mizfit, to an extent. While someone like Antonio Cesaro is a miles ahead of The Miz when it comes to wrestling ability, I don't think there's no denying that Antonio Cesaro is boring, which at the end of the day, seems to matter the most when it comes to becoming a big name in WWE. He may have been entertaining/charismatic in his Independent days, but the fact remains, he hasn't delivered any consistently impressive promos since he made his debut last Summer.

As far as Wade Barrett goes, I wouldn't say he's as boring as Antonio Cesaro is, but in Barrett's case, I believe he's a victim of bad booking (despite winning two Intercontinental titles since returning). It sucks, really, because I'm willing to bet a lot of money that if Wade Barrett hadn't got injured last year, he would be a top star right now.

As for my thoughts on The Miz; I used to dislike him, buy he started warming up to me a little bit towards the end of his reign as United States Champion. He has natural charisma, and compared to how he was in the ring just a few years ago, I think he's almost drastically improved...and he'll only get better. I'm not liking The Miz too much anymore (character-wise) because him being a babyface isn't just cutting it for me. Much like Wade Barrett, I think it's due to the booking. WWE haven't done a good job at actually making The Miz look like a face because he hasn't been involved in good heel vs. face feuds/storylines since the face turn happened.

Just look up Claudio Castagnoli promos/best moments, and Kings Of Wrestling. Just some friendly advice.

Some of you fans and your Indie fetishes. It matters what he can do in WWE. And don't give me an excuse like " Oh they haven't given him a good gimmick ". It's about him grabbing the opportunity. You see the WWE tried to give the ball to Barrett as well. They changed his theme like 8 times, change his look, etc... The guy flat out blows. And so will Cesaro unless he shows he can do whatever WWE gives him.

The difference is, Miz has had chances after chances, he hasn't taken his oppurtunities. Cesaro and Barrett haven't had as many, therefore they can be considered as more worthy; moreso than the Miz. Who has been stale and undesirable for a long, long time.

-

"Indy" is used with such negative conotations now-a-days. :/ Miz started on the indies as well you know?

...But isn't The Miz a home-grown talent? Not too sure if that still counts as being in the indies.

I actually agree with #1 Mizfit, to an extent. While someone like Antonio Cesaro is a miles ahead of The Miz when it comes to wrestling ability, I don't think there's no denying that Antonio Cesaro is boring, which at the end of the day, seems to matter the most when it comes to becoming a big name in WWE. He may have been entertaining/charismatic in his Independent days, but the fact remains, he hasn't delivered any consistently impressive promos since he made his debut last Summer.

As far as Wade Barrett goes, I wouldn't say he's as boring as Antonio Cesaro is, but in Barrett's case, I believe he's a victim of bad booking (despite winning two Intercontinental titles since returning). It sucks, really, because I'm willing to bet a lot of money that if Wade Barrett hadn't got injured last year, he would be a top star right now.

As for my thoughts on The Miz; I used to dislike him, buy he started warming up to me a little bit towards the end of his reign as United States Champion. He has natural charisma, and compared to how he was in the ring just a few years ago, I think he's almost drastically improved...and he'll only get better. I'm not liking The Miz too much anymore (character-wise) because him being a babyface isn't just cutting it for me. Much like Wade Barrett, I think it's due to the booking. WWE haven't done a good job at actually making The Miz look like a face because he hasn't been involved in good heel vs. face feuds/storylines since the face turn happened.

-

...But isn't The Miz a home-grown talent? Not too sure if that still counts as being in the indies.

I'm sorry, I'm really not trying to be rude but it seems as if we're going to blame booking for anything, Cesaro should be up there.

They didn't really give him an exciting role to capitalize on, and he still did generate heat when he was that really basic character at the start. As for now? I think Real Americans as a whole generates heat, but I really think if we can point bad booking on anyone, Cesaro should be up there.

Meanwhile, Barret has been given time and time again, a chance to shine himself out. As for that top star comment, wasn't the injury before that horrid Bo Dallas feud? That's what pretty much killed his momentum. Like I was saying though, you said it yourself. Wade got two title shots since returning, he doesn't capitalize on them. There may be some bad booking, but alot of it has to come down to Wade not grabbing the oppritunity. As for Miz? I'll always be here saying, that oppritunity that Miz had to grab was lowered for him, for some reason, but whatever.

-

I dunno man, I was just playing devils advocate. The Miz did start on the independents; nigh on like everybody but he may be classed as homegrown. *shrugs*

Hia guys

I don't want to be seeing any more stuff like this from anybody here

have a damn clue about what you're dumb ass is talking about

Thanks. We can have a intelligent discussion without flaming, baiting, or trolling.

Lmao! Who said that? I've tried looking, can't find it.

-

I dunno man, I was just playing devils advocate. The Miz did start on the independents; nigh on like everybody but he may be classed as homegrown. *shrugs*

Hia guys

I don't want to be seeing any more stuff like this from anybody here

have a damn clue about what you're dumb ass is talking about

Thanks. We can have a intelligent discussion without flaming, baiting, or trolling.

Lmao! Who said that? I've tried looking, can't find it.

I'd take the blame, but I don't even recall me saying that. If I find it, I'll tell ya. I've said dumber things before, wouldn't be a first.

I'm blaming the booking because prior to Wade Barrett's injury, he was actually entertaining and got a lot of buzz during his feud with Randy Orton towards the end of 2011 and going into 2012. Wade Barrett PINNED Randy Orton to win the traditional Survivor Series tag team match for his team, so I'm assuming that he was most likely going to win the Money in The Bank briefcase last year instead of someone like Dolph Ziggler or John Cena.

-

Lol ok man. :rock:

I'm blaming the booking because prior to Wade Barrett's injury, he was actually entertaining and got a lot of buzz during his feud with Randy Orton towards the end of 2011 and going into 2012. Wade Barrett PINNED Randy Orton to win the traditional Survivor Series tag team match for his team, so I'm assuming that he was most likely going to win the Money in The Bank briefcase last year instead of someone like Dolph Ziggler or John Cena.

Oh, there's no doubt that before he was injured, Wade was on a nice run. However, wasn't that Bo Dallas thing also keeping him back too. They made Wade, Bo's babysitter in a sense.

Here Wade, have Bo. He's gonna feud with ya. Try him out. That was horrible to watch, and I have no big opinion on Wade. I felt bad for him having to let Slow Dallas pin him.

As I said though, there has been other oppritunies for Wade to take off, that he didn't seem to reach. Meanwhile, I'd say Cesaro got the bad end of booking, due to the fact they haven't really given that take off gimmick yet.

To defend Wade, they are wasting his gimmick as well. He's a bare knuckle, underground fighter. He should be attacking people backstage, and being straight out ruthless. He should have a stand out technique, of that of an underground/mma fighter. However, they're still just using him as just another wrestler.

-

I'd try to explain this to you, but with all due respect, going off your name and everything else, you have your heart set on one certain aspect. I don't think anyone would break it in.

-

When was the last time he was socially relevant? WM 27.

I'd try to explain this to you, but with all due respect, going off your name and everything else, you have your heart set on one certain aspect. I don't think anyone would break it in.

Go ahead. I'm listening.

When was the last time he was socialy relevant? WM 27.

And I have acknowledged that his face turn was horrible. But saying he hasn't taking advantage of this opportunity is unbelievable.

Oh, there's no doubt that before he was injured, Wade was on a nice run. However, wasn't that Bo Dallas thing also keeping him back too. They made Wade, Bo's babysitter in a sense.

Here Wade, have Bo. He's gonna feud with ya. Try him out. That was horrible to watch, and I have no big opinion on Wade. I felt bad for him having to let Slow Dallas pin him.

As I said though, there has been other oppritunies for Wade to take off, that he didn't seem to reach. Meanwhile, I'd say Cesaro got the bad end of booking, due to the fact they haven't really given that take off gimmick yet.

To defend Wade, they are wasting his gimmick as well. He's a bare knuckle, underground fighter. He should be attacking people backstage, and being straight out ruthless. He should have a stand out technique, of that of an underground/mma fighter. However, they're still just using him as just another wrestler.

Yeah, and that's why I believe he's victim of bad booking, because he has the look and the character for someone who could be a top star, but creative hasn't done anything with it. No real storylines/feuds to get him involved in to help establish his more edgier character on TV. It seems to be one of the main problems in WWE right now. The same could be said for Antonio Cesaro, but to me, his character in general was too generic and overused with him being an anti-American and stuff.

Go ahead. I'm listening.

And I have acknowledged that his face turn was horrible. But saying he hasn't taking advantage of this opportunity is unbelievable.

No, let me elaborate. I mean, he hasn't taken all of the available oppurtunities he has had, look at Zack Ryder, the dude took every single oppurtunity he got and ran with it, the same can be said about Cesaro, he made the US title mean something again, they are examples of guys taking all of their oppurtunties and running with them, the miz, eh not so much. When he was a heel, and he worked his ass off to get his spot; sure, now-a-days not so much.

These new WWE writers ( I should say chimpanzee's ) don't know the first thing in developing storylines or developing characters. So I kinda understand why some of these guys can't get fully over.

It's not so much that, more of this.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEUxjNyYW3w&feature=c4-overview&list=UUMmynKSNWu2_kSKsuxpKUFQ

Normally most people who hate The Miz do it because their hero C.M Punk hates them and their dick is so far up his ass that it's too soon to take another look back.

Of course, it has absolutely nothing to do with his stale, boring, uninteresting, tiresome, loathsome character.

Yeah, and that's why I believe he's victim of bad booking, because he has the look and the character for someone who could be a top star, but creative hasn't done anything with it. No real storylines/feuds to get him involved in to help establish his more edgier character on TV. It seems to be one of the main problems in WWE right now. The same could be said for Antonio Cesaro, but to me, his character in general was too generic and overused with him being an anti-American and stuff.

Like I said, that's the point. WWE stuck Cesaro with a gimmick that really had only so much potentinal. You could only go so far with it, and I think he did well with what he got.

I can agree with that then. Like I said, I still feel Barret had more oppritunities given to him, but I will agree with the now. His gimmick is truly being wasted. Thing is, when they showed Barret's return video, with him acting like a gritty MMA fighter? I loved it. I was totally getting pumped for a new Barret. This ruthless man, no words, just beating down on his opponent, tossing them around, only to charge at them, and pound them down. It sounded interesting as hell.

Then.. they just give him the same old moves, and the same old everything. Okaaaaaay. Repackaging.. with nothing.

Normally most people who hate The Miz do it because their hero C.M Punk hates them and their dick is so far up his ass that it's too soon to take another look back.

Or.. maybe it's because most people just don't see the love for the guy and think he's a basic wrestler.

Go ahead. I'm listening.

No, let me elaborate. I mean, he hasn't taken all of the available oppurtunities he has had, look at Zack Ryder, the dude took every single oppurtunity he got and ran with it, the same can be said about Cesaro, he made the US title mean something again, they are examples of guys taking all of their oppurtunties and running with them, the miz, eh not so much. When he was a heel, and he worked his ass off to get his spot; sure, now-a-days not so much.

I'm going to be on the split here, while I definitely agree with you, about Ryder and Cesaro and how they worked for each oppritunity, but barely rewarded, Miz does try.

Now, I'm not saying he tries well. I still feel even in his best effort, the guy is basic, maybe slighty above it at best, but Miz does try. He does have a passion for wrestling, and he does really get into his promos. That being said, I still find his mic work to be complete ass, and his ring work, as I said to be average at best.

That's not to say average is bad, because there's alot of wrestlers out there who aren't even close to average, but pushed alot.

This thread made it passed 2 pages, unbelievable.

Hate him or not, Miz is controversial.

Because, he does either have people who love him ,or hate him. He's that type of guy, and I've never seen anyone really in between. I'd like to think I'm in between, but I definitely have more dislike towards him.

And since I can't multiquote it now, if you're talking about that tweet CM Punk made, then you're absolutely gullible. Not like CM Punk has ever been sarcastic before, or anything.

Remember when he told a guy on twitter to go kill himself.... And then called a fan a homo in a house show... Or when he backhand a guy in the crowd who didn't even touch him... And I can't even repeat stuff he says on podcast... Best in the World huh. :laugh:

Remember when he told a guy on twitter to go kill himself.... And then called a fan a homo in a house show... Or when he backhand a guy in the crowd who didn't even touch him... And I can't even repeat stuff he says on podcast... Best in the World huh. :laugh:

Yeah, it was bad for business for the "kill himself" part, but I feel Punk is just harsh with his words. Doesn't justify the actions, but still.

Yeah, he's said alot in the house shows. So has many other different superstars, when trash talking fans, definitely in house shows as well. Jericho has done it. Randy has done it. Batista has done it. There's been others who trash talk certain people in house shows. He also called someone a fan of TNA, and a John Cena fan.

Why do I have a feeling some of those things on podcasts were meant to gain heat?

As for the backhanding part, I'm pretty sure when you get kicked multiple times, and elbowed in the head, you'd react. What happened, happened. He hit the wrong guy, and it's understood. However, that doesn't imply he hates all wrestling fans.

I'm sorry, and I know a guy said it before, but I really have a hard time with someone going fanboyism for Miz, then hating someone like Punk. It's kinda hard to comprehend.

Archived