The Miz

XXX.

I used to like The Miz a lot and I thought he had a lot of potential until he returned and turned babyface.....since then, he's lost everything.

He basically runs off of cheap pops and thats about it. The only time he gets a good reaction is when he SCREAMS THE NAME OF THE CITY THEY'RE PERFORMING IN TONIGHT. And when he uses the Figure 4 Leg lock...and that's only because people like Ric Flair. Not the Miz. WWE needs to turn him heel. Don't even give his heel gimmick a makeover, just make him the cocky, arrogant, obnoxious, shit talking heel he was when he main evented Wrestlemania. Thoughts and opinons on The Miz and what WWE should do with him?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love for them to fire him on the grounds that there's been nothing special about him whatsoever throughout his run in the company. They tried everything within their power, even giving him a painfully long reign with their top belt, in order to persuade themselves and the fans into believing that he was a big deal, but nobody bought it except for the couple of smarks that cheered for him. Once he turned face, those very same smark fans of his got with the program and looked past the smoke and mirrors to finally realize that he blew major ass.

Same style different role. He only got booed when he was a heel when he dissed the towns they were in. To me, he was always way beyond boring and uninteresting in ring and with his promos.

He was really bad and generic at every role he played really.

Same style different role. He only got booed when he was a heel when he dissed the towns they were in. To me, he was always way beyond boring and uninteresting in ring and with his promos.

He was really bad and generic at every role he played really.

---

This sums up my thoughts on Miz.

As far as what I'd like to see him doing, I'd like him to be used to just get guys over like he was doing at the start of the year with Wade Barrett and Cesaro, but unfortunately he's getting a push now because of his new movie.

as I said in the WWE Show Discussion Thread,

*sigh* ok, Miz just needs to stop using the figure four. if he's not gonna work the legs, he needs to stop and go back to the SCF.

WORK THE LEGS DAMN IT!!! that's how submissions work, wear down that particular limb.

and I agree with the annoying cheap pops and lame 'your mom' jokes.

I liked him when he was a heel because the generic, whiny cookie cutter heel worked so well for him. He WAS the guy most people see when they think of a standard heel which made it work so well. As a face, he's a rather unlikable douche. He's not horrible in the ring but not anywhere good enough to make his rather weak character be overlooked.

I agree with the comments in here. I think one of the main reasons his face run has been bad is because it was so rushed. You had a guy who had been a heel ever since his debut several years ago (including being a top heel once, and being near that role ever since), and they just randomly turned him face with little to no sense. I thought his face turn was a work during the initial stage, and am shocked that he has been face for this long. He did not have a story or background to his face turn (from an extremely hateable heel), which did not get the crowd behind him in any way whatsoever. Add to that, he obviously fares better as a heel, and therein lies the problem.

I would love for them to fire him on the grounds that there's been nothing special about him whatsoever throughout his run in the company. They tried everything within their power, even giving him a painfully long reign with their top belt, in order to persuade themselves and the fans into believing that he was a big deal, but nobody bought it except for the couple of smarks that cheered for him. Once he turned face, those very same smark fans of his got with the program and looked past the smoke and mirrors to finally realize that he blew major ass.

The Miz is a natural heel in my opinion. He's cocky, arrogant, and obnoxious. As a face, he relies on cheap pops and childish insults because he doesn't know how to win the audience over a face. It's harder and he just doesn't have "it" for being a face.

In all honesty I used to be a huge Miz fan and it was because he just made you want to hate him! His work with John Morrison was amazing and as a team they were perfect. When he first came to WWE I hated him. Couldn't stand him actually. The chick magnet shit was so atrocious but he made it work. And then his US title reign came and it was pretty acceptable. His IC title reign wasn't special at all. But his WWE title reign was special. He was a passable heel and his cash in was so cool because I didn't expect him to take it from Orton. Sucks he got overshadowed by The Rock and Cena. And then you have Awesome Truth, they were perfect heels together at that time. Wish they could've went on longer and longer than they did. As for his face turn? I honestly believed he would make a great face but it seems forced and it bombed hard. They're turning the wrong people heel and face. The majority didn't want a Miz face turn. "But he did everything he could as a heel"! Really? That may be right but that doesn't mean you turn because you've done it all as a heel. Keep being a heel until the right time to turn presents itself. It would've worked more if he was in a tag team and he slowly started getting chewed out by his partner to the point where the crowd would want him to turn. You have to make us want you to turn. He could've had a ladies man gimmick but he's not that kind of guy I guess. But overall I joke and trash him but he's come A LONG way in that ring since his debut. Just wish his ass would stop using the figure four or work the legs or use it better! And most of you hate him because he has Maryse lol

Bret Hart commented in Wrestling With Shadows that Hunter Hearst Helmsley (the american blueblood) was a character nobody would cheer for. I used to think the same about The Miz. He's annoying, monkey-faced, semi-pretty boy, small, unintimidating with an irritating voice.

As soon as Miz lost the WWE title, he lost 'it'. That was two years ago. Miz is now a complete loss.

When he started going 'Whoo!" With Ric Flair on Raw then began using Flair's figure four as a finisher, what a step backward.

Miz, at one time one of WWE's most entertaining prospects has grown stale, boring, done.

He was a great heel and he's a decent face. All you have to do is look at the crowd when he taunts or whatever and they respond very well to him. He's also great at cutting promos.

The problem is the generic...ness. Like Del Rio, he needs to be cocky because people actually like that.

• 2 months later...

Archived