Why Booker T Had to Get Surgery and When He Will Return, Sami Zayn News

Monster.

- SmackDown General Manager Booker T is currently out of action after having elbow surgery that we noted last week. Booker suffered a torn triceps and had to have the surgery after getting an elbow infection. Because of his absence, the feud with Teddy Long has been put on hold. The injury was described as a freak injury and not ring related. He's expected back on TV around the end of this month.

- WWE officials in developmental have told Sami Zayn, the former El Generico, to slow down and not do so many high spots. The feeling is that he's really good, very intelligent and do

Source

WWE dumbs down the performance of all their in-ring employees for the sake of protecting them from possible injury, as in they do it to prevent possible cash-cows or potential draws from getting put on the shelf.

They clearly enjoy his work, but i can understand where they come from. Having an entire match of spots is only going to wear a talent down especially if they are potentially repeating the same match formula over a year on the WWE schedule.

WWE dumbs down the performance of all their in-ring employees for the sake of protecting them from possible injury, as in they do it to prevent possible cash-cows or potential draws from getting put on the shelf.

I think it's also for injury protection. Also, it adds to their character if they pull out a new move every now and then at a PPV event.

They probably want him to slow it down so when he does get called up, he can save bigger spots for higher profile Raws and PPVs.

I agree with statement, as well as the potential that he may have a higher risk of injury doing spots every week, throughout all of his matches,

I love the El Generico act. Have for a long time, just like others do... You know DAMN WELL the WWE would ruin it in a few short weeks by lumping him with Khali, Santino, Hornswoggle and the rest of that kooky, hot garbage at the bottom of the food chain. They LOOOOOVE to ruin shit at Stamford, y'know... So, although I believe the gimmick COULD work--they're going with "Sami Zayn" instead. Fine, I guess...BUT, stop asking him to underperform for his own sake. His in-ring creativity is time-tested, perfected, and extremely innovative (not to mention entertaining as hell.) Instead, challenge the NXT roster to step their game up and meet his level rather than asking him to dumb it down.

Don't *censored*ing ruin him.

......Please?

I love the El Generico act. Have for a long time, just like others do... You know DAMN WELL the WWE would ruin it in a few short weeks by lumping him with Khali, Santino, Hornswoggle and the rest of that kooky, hot garbage at the bottom of the food chain. They LOOOOOVE to ruin shit at Stamford, y'know... So, although I believe the gimmick COULD work--they're going with "Sami Zayn" instead. Fine, I guess...BUT, stop asking him to underperform for his own sake. His in-ring creativity is time-tested, perfected, and extremely innovative (not to mention entertaining as hell.) Instead, challenge the NXT roster to step their game up and meet his level rather than asking him to dumb it down.

......Please?

That was on of the best gripes I've heard in a while. I 100& agree with everything you just said

......Please?

Stop watching WWE. You just don't get it.

Also it's simply the WWE wrestling style.

doesn't WWE Choreograph there matches ahead of time, they tell the guys what to do so why are they telling Zayn to slow down if they told him to do the spots in the first place? Or am I just missing it

I think WWE choreograph the big spots and the finish of a match, but the wrestlers themselve improvise everything else on the fly.

......Please?

Stop watching WWE. You just don't get it.

Customer is king and while he might be in a minority he has every right to voice his opinion on the product. You seem to no get this so if you want him to leave, you might as well leave the forum.

1) High spots DO NOT make a good wrestler.

2) Don't mix slowing down and dumbing down. They're not the same at all.

3) The WWE realizes his potential already, and they appreciate his mic and ring work. They're not gonna completely eliminate his high spots; they may save them for matches of a higher caliber.

What exactly is the problem here?

1) High spots DO NOT make a good wrestler.

2) Don't mix slowing down and dumbing down. They're not the same at all.

3) The WWE realizes his potential already, and they appreciate his mic and ring work. They're not gonna completely eliminate his high spots; they may save them for matches of a higher caliber.

What exactly is the problem here?

No idea, people are making a big deal over nothing. It's no secret that the WWE slows down peoples movesets. They did it with PAC, Sin Cara and Rollins. Zayn will still be entertaining as normal and the big spots will be a pleasant surprise.

doesn't WWE Choreograph there matches ahead of time, they tell the guys what to do so why are they telling Zayn to slow down if they told him to do the spots in the first place? Or am I just missing it

They have no problem with his spots, they just don't want so many in one match.

Archived