What in the world is wrong with my game?!

I had been having a weird game-freeze issue come up whenever I tried to eliminate superfluous layers from my CAWs. You CAN eliminate the eyebrows, eyelashes, lips and teeth of a CAW, but NOT unless they have layers to replace them with! If not, the game WILL freeze!

The absolute minimum layers a CAW can have is 8, that is, all the red layers. You can replace them with anything else as long as you have those 8 layers.

The layer ID values you can eliminate (safely--as long as you have layers to replace them with) are eyebrows--6; eyelashes--7; lips--8; teeth--9.

This fact can be used to create a wider range of CAWs, as you now have essentially 12 layers to play with, instead of just 8 (not counting the underwear layer(s)). I don't think you could replace any of the other layers with anything without really making your CAW look strange (as in invisible parts).

I've used this to create my Mew 3 CAW using only 9(!) layers! The trick is to add at least four layers of items onto your CAW, then hex-edit those layers to replace the eyebrows, eyelashes, lips and teeth of your CAW. Of course, if you want your CAW to have any of these layers, don't eliminate them! However, the likes of Candis the Fat Mew and Mewtwo, Mew 3 and Mew 4 don't technically have eyelashes, eyebrows, lips or teeth (that I know of).

Yep, that's exacty the console I discovered this on. As I said in my previous post, in order to eliminate the eyebrows, eyelashes, teeth and lips of a CAW safely, you HAVE to replace them with other layers (e.g. hair, horns, tattoos, another body-size layer, et cetera). The bare minimum number of layers any CAW can have is 8, that is, all the "red" layers. You can use this to create a truly "realistic" character such as Mew 3 (Mewtwo's Awakened Forme), Mewtwo, Mew, et cetera. However, the ONLY thing you cannot do is give a CAW a tail or wings. I know, it sucks, but that's the truth.

Archived