Chris Jericho Hates Cha Cha La La

The D

So, I went to see Fozzy tonight in Bristol. Apparently Chris Jericho doesn't appreciate it when you Fandango in between Fozzy songs. Myself and two friends started the chant and a lot of people joined in. Jericho looked at us and said the following:

"Are you guys gonna' chant Fozzy to drown out this *censored*ing bullshit or are you gonna' do it all night? We don't have to play; we can stand here in silence if you like."

I also managed to shout 'GO BACK TO TORONTO' as everyone went TOTALLY silent. He again, did not look amused. As far as I'm concerned, we trolled the troll. Job complete; life complete.

Yes, I know that he's a musician when he's touring with Fozzy and yes I understand why he was annoyed, but you'd think he'd just ignore it and smile or something. Hell, most people know Fozzy because of Jericho being a wrestler and the fact that he's performed on WWE programming. Kind of silly to resent the exposure now, but still a very amusing experience. On the plus side, Fozzy are extremely good live. They were using a click track and playing to some backing tracks as well (from the sound anyway and the fact that they all had ear pieces) but they put on a great live show and sound a lot better live than on CD. Great band and Jericho is a great front man. When we realised that he was getting pissed off we stopped messing about, but yeah... I thought he'd be more open to a laugh. Perhaps he's had it every night of the tour so far.

He's from Winnipeg, you idiot. /Jeritroll

The reason he was probably not amused was because Chris Jericho the wrestler and Chris Jericho the person are different. Fozzy isn't a part of Jericho's wrestling gimmick, they are two seperate projects and as such should be treated seperately.

He's from Winnipeg, you idiot. /Jeritroll

The reason he was probably not amused was because Chris Jericho the wrestler and Chris Jericho the person are different. Fozzy isn't a part of Jericho's wrestling gimmick, they are two seperate projects and as such should be treated seperately.

Did you read my post?

Well done, sir.

He's mad, huh? Whatever. I don't get when a celebrity gets mad about being trolled, a lot of people come to their defense. To me it's just funny as *Censored* whenever it happens.

Those are my thoughts too. Was it immature? Yeah, sure but it was all done in jest. We stopped once we knew it was annoying him anyway. Besides, as I've said before he's clearly not keeping WWE and Fozzy seperately. He's played on WWE programming, had Fozzy songs as PPV themes, they talk about Fozzy on the air, he goes by 'Chris Jericho' in Fozzy not Chris Irvine and he's a famous wrestler. There were also a lot of Y2J chants too by the by. I guess he could have been in character because of his feud with Fandango, but it didn't seem like that was the case. He should have said "if you don't stop I'll kick your asses just like I will his" and left it at that. Then he's put everyone in their place, maintained kayfabe and not been lame about it. The wrestling fans would respect that more and the non-wrestling fans would be none the wiser.

In all honesty he has every right to be mad. That was disrespectful. I would've said the same thing if I were Jericho.

He is trying to perform his music, and the group of people were practically heckling him. I completely understand his frustration.

Yes I agree.

He is trying to perform his music, and the group of people were practically heckling him. I completely understand his frustration.

this

But if the people who paid to see your show are heckling you, it may be time to admit that your music sucks and people only go to your shows because you're Chris Jericho.

this

But if the people who paid to see your show are heckling you, it may be time to admit that your music sucks and people only go to your shows because you're Chris Jericho.

LOL

Anyways, meh. Maybe Jericho overreacted. Maybe not, idk. Anyways, still a funny story though nonetheless

Archived