Triple H Playing ‘Hardball’ With Ex-Talents

Monster.

While both Rob Van Dam and MVP have been in talks with WWE about potential returns, we’re told Triple H hasn’t shown much interest in MVP and he’s far more open to bringing back RVD. One source, speaking with under the condition of anonymity, says Hunter is playing hardball with both. He wants the precedent set that if you leave, you can’t just “waltz back in” whenever you want.

RVD claimed earlier this week he had plans but didn’t reveal them. He did, however, confirm he has not signed a contract with anyone as of this week.

As for the precedent Triple H is trying to set, we’re told this could also play a part in his strained relationship with The Rock. Some of the boys look at The Rock’s schedule and feel the company shouldn’t cater so much to a guy that comes and goes as he pleases. Despite this, he’s a huge draw and it’s better for everyone when he is around.

Brock Lesnar doesn’t get the same amount of heat because he hasn’t been in the championship picture and he hasn’t been beating guys that are there all the time.

Source

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hhh has a point

No he doesn't. This is Rob mf'in Van Dam. He can do whatever he wants. He earned that privilege by being awesome in every way imaginable. If RVD wants to return to your shitty company and stop it from becoming a complete joke, you'd better let him do it.

hhh has a point

No he doesn't. This is Rob mf'in Van Dam. He can do whatever he wants. He earned that privilege by being awesome in every way imaginable. If RVD wants to return to your shitty company and stop it from becoming a complete joke, you'd better let him do it.

Finally, someone that thinks like I do.

As for the precedent Triple H is trying to set, we’re told this could also play a part in his strained relationship with The Rock. Some of the boys look at The Rock’s schedule and feel the company shouldn’t cater so much to a guy that comes and goes as he pleases. Despite this, he’s a huge draw and it’s better for everyone when he is around.

Brock Lesnar doesn’t get the same amount of heat because he hasn’t been in the championship picture and he hasn’t been beating guys that are there all the time.

Source

Man, looks like H has bigger balls than Vince to not cater toward Dwayne. Good job.

I'd say Trips is doing the right thing in favor of the business, but he shouldn't take this to far and ruin relationships with former WWE Supertstars.

hhh has a point

Pretty sure one wrestler won't be able to stop an entire company from being shitty.

I agree with Triple H, but RVD isn't a wrestler who works for a short while before leaving. While in the WWF/E, he was a consistent talent who constantly shock and awed the crowd. As for MVP, I thought thatTriple H had backstage heat with MVP before so this isn't really a surprise to me. But RVD is someone who should be welcomed back. He has one of the most over talent from the Alliance.

hhh has a point

Do you really see him playing anymore than a Jericho role, though? He'll help the younger talent get over, maybe legitimize the US or Intercontinental championship, but won't last too long. If not, he'll wear out his welcome if they milk him too much and take the spotlight from those in need.

MVP was great, and has gotten consistently better during his tenure wrestling in Japan, but RVD hasn't been anything more than mediocre in a while, unless he improves himself, I'm not hyped for a return from him at all.

"He wants the precedent set that if you leave, you can’t just “waltz back in” whenever you want."

Hunter doing what's right for business as usual. He needs to take over Vince's position sooner rather than later, he's less of a puss.

--

MVP is 39 and RVD is 42, there's not much that they can do if they return besides putting over younger talents or becoming trainers and shit.

I say bring them in and use them to push talent. Maybe give RVD a run with the IC belt to make it mean something again.

Archived