WWE in Pictures (No Hotlinking)

Scorpion™

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jl2vA3Z.jpg

I don't think anyone will forget that night. I woke my wife up at 2:00 to tell her Benoit and his family were dead. Then of course we found out the even more horrific truth.

I don't think anyone can blame WWE for the tribute show they ran, they like most of the world only knew he'd died. Personally I don't blame them from erasing him from history either, I find it very difficult to watch him.

I can't remember exactly what happened on that RAW, but was it all just Benoit matches and an empty arena? Vince wasn't the kind of guy to just cancel a live show because of tragedy.

Yeah, they played matches from his DVD that came out around the time he was world champ.

Just learned the other week that fake Taker was his cousin lol.

Brian Lee was his cousin? I didn't know that, I just thought they were best friends. I believe Lee was Taker's best man for his wedding to Sara.

bcCaOVu.jpg

Caption: Aren't you a little short for an Undertaker?

I can't remember exactly what happened on that RAW, but was it all just Benoit matches and an empty arena? Vince wasn't the kind of guy to just cancel a live show because of tragedy.

Yeah, they played matches from his DVD that came out around the time he was world champ.

Still have the copy of the full show. They cancelled the show and did wrestler interviews. I can also remember Vince telling the part that his onscreen character dying. I think i need to find that video in my collection.

Edit: Saw my copy of the video. The show was supposed to be a special 3 hour show for the McMahon tribute but became a real tribute to Benoit. I can see one reason why Vince will be very mad at Benoit because not only did he learned the real reason behind what happened. He also wasted a 3 hour special on something they won't get anything out of.

On the side note:

I am a fan of Benoit but when he died I got sad but did not feel anything unlike when Eddie died (where i cried). Until i saw the news on what really happened. They also showed that in the news here in the Philippines where they don't usually show wrestling related stories.

Still have the copy of the full show. They cancelled the show and did wrestler interviews. I can also remember Vince telling the part that his onscreen character dying. I think i need to find that video in my collection.

If I recall he said something like.

"Tonight was supposed to be a continuation of a storyline where my character "Mr McMahon" had been killed, however in reality, Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy and Son Daniel are all dead".

If I recall he said something like.

"Tonight was supposed to be a continuation of a storyline where my character "Mr McMahon" had been killed, however in reality, Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy and Son Daniel are all dead".

Yup it was something like that. Good thing I have a great quality video of the show downloaded since it will never be put up on the WWE Network. But of course we have youtube but most of those videos uploaded there are either cut into parts, sped up, or cropped.

Since I also have the vanilla copy of Vengeance: Night of Champions 2007 PPV. The ECW title match has edited commentary and announcer in the WWE Network to remove the Benoit reference.

Archived