WWE in Pictures (No Hotlinking)

Scorpion™

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can WWE even do that anymore? I'm not saying blood and gore and all that shit with crazy spots, I'm just saying do something that stands the test of time like that. I'm sure they could do 1000 cell matches in the next two years and they would not come close to being that legendary.

Kalisto's Extreme Rules spot will stand the test of time. They still do plenty of cool shit. The one TLC with that Shield match was great too...and the Taker/Lesnar match where they ripped up the mat.

Taker didn't seem to hit his Wrestlemania stride until years after, but Shawn almost always delivered. I don't think anyone bar Kurt Angle has been as consistent as him. I don't know about Cesaro as I haven't seen him before WWE.Consistently good in WWE though.

Taker didn't seem to hit his Wrestlemania stride until years after, but Shawn almost always delivered. I don't think anyone bar Kurt Angle has been as consistent as him. I don't know about Cesaro as I haven't seen him before WWE.Consistently good in WWE though.

Shawn had few duds at the biggest show in pro wrestling. I'm not saying others weren't great also, like Macho Man or Bret Hart, who also had few bad matches at WM themselves, but it's just HBK did it for so long. It did help him that he usually went against the biggest names of his time, but he earned that right to do so every time. Not even taker can boast to having WM matches vs Bret, Stone Cold, Cena, Benoit, and prime Chris Jericho just to name a few.

Shawn had few duds at the biggest show in pro wrestling. I'm not saying others weren't great also, like Macho Man or Bret Hart, who also had few bad matches at WM themselves, but it's just HBK did it for so long. It did help him that he usually went against the biggest names of his time, but he earned that right to do so every time. Not even taker can boast to having WM matches vs Bret, Stone Cold, Cena, Benoit, and prime Chris Jericho just to name a few.

When has Shawn ever had duds? Or did I get the definition wrong?

I never saw his matches as part of the Rockers or just after he split from Jeannety so I have no idea if they were duds or not, but I image they weren't the masterpieces that he churned out later in his career.

I never saw his matches as part of the Rockers or just after he split from Jeannety so I have no idea if they were duds or not, but I image they weren't the masterpieces that he churned out later in his career.

His matches as part of the Rockers, from what I've seen, were good. I read that they were influential, but I could be so wrong here. I'd recommend seeing their tag matches though. Bret said that the only time he and Shawn had a bad match was when the top rope broke during Rockers vs. Hart Foundation. I've always seen Shawn as a consistent wrestler, from a match on Raw to the big one at Wrestlemania. Even in the early 90s or late 80s, I haven't seen a bad match, and I'm sure Shawn and Marty were very exciting.

Archived