WWE in Pictures (No Hotlinking)

Scorpion™

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sc6ClLO.jpg

:lol:

We laugh at these gimmicks and this point in time in WWE's history but looking back it probably had the best collection of young up and coming talent it's ever had. From Bret Hart, Owen and HBK to Austin at as the Ringmaster, Hall and Nash as Razor and Diesel, Rock as Rocky Maivia, 123 Kid not yet X-Pac, Hunter not yet HHH, Too Sexy before they became Too Cool, Fatu before becoming Rikishi, I can go on but I'm forgetting a few guys. Not to mention Undertaker, Yokozuna, Bulldog and other guys that were or became legends that were still in the company. The New Generation to me was perhaps terrible gimmicks but great talent behind those gimmicks.

I thought Double J wasn't that bad. The hair looked awful, but a cowboy hat is always a win for me. If it didn't have those huge J's on it he would look cooler. Back then they had rappers, clowns, dentist, garbage men, cowboys, and so many others I can't even remember. I think my personal favorites, and by favorites I mean the most awful were the Smoking Guns. It was absurd that two cowboys would become wrestlers and shoot guns inside an arena full of people. Interesting that the least gimmicky guys like Michaels, Hart, Austin, HHH, and Hall and Nash were the ones that had the most success eventually.

Archived