WWE in Pictures (No Hotlinking)

Scorpion™

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they did an ECW angle with Lawler, I may be wrong.

Yeah, they did. RVD was on back then too.

In fact there's an episode of "Monday Night Wars" on the network, where they talk about the influence of ECW on the battle with WCW, and the working relationship that ECW had with the WWF during that time. Which is why we got the 2006 version of ECW...because Vince never viewed ECW as an opponent in the war...they only wanted to destroy WCW. We never got a WCW brand, because Vince only wanted to see them destroyed. On the other hand, there was mutual respect between ECW and WWF. Vince bought ECW because they were already failing, and he didn't want their history to be lost. Vince bought WCW because he hated them.

I think they did an ECW angle with Lawler, I may be wrong.

Yeah, they did. RVD was on back then too.

In fact there's an episode of "Monday Night Wars" on the network, where they talk about the influence of ECW on the battle with WCW, and the working relationship that ECW had with the WWF during that time. Which is why we got the 2006 version of ECW...because Vince never viewed ECW as an opponent in the war...they only wanted to destroy WCW. We never got a WCW brand, because Vince only wanted to see them destroyed. On the other hand, there was mutual respect between ECW and WWF. Vince bought ECW because they were already failing, and he didn't want their history to be lost. Vince bought WCW because he hated them.

WCW sucked too, so I can't blame McMahon.

Archived