Dave Batista Close to a WWE Return; Possible Feud w/ Lesnar?

King RyderFan

According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer, Former WWE Superstar Dave Batista has been working to get back into wrestling shape, and is fast approaching his 290-pound billed weight during his last run with WWE. The former 6-time World Champion left WWE in 2010 to pursue his interests in acting, as well as a career in Mixed Martial Arts.

Batista has said in recent interviews that he is interested in returning to the WWE, and listed part-time workers such as The Rock and Brock Lesnar as potential opponents. With the future of the planned Rock/Lesnar match currently unknown, it is possible WWE would push to bring back Batista to fill the role of Dwayne Johnson, who was injured in his WrestleMania match with John Cena.

It is worth noting that Batista recently landed a part in Marvel's big comic book movie "Guardians of the Galaxy" which is set to begin filming this summer.

Source: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/270999-dave-batista-close-to-a-wwe-return-possible-feud-w-lesnar

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer, Former WWE Superstar Dave Batista has been working to get back into wrestling shape, and is fast approaching his 290-pound billed weight during his last run with WWE. The former 6-time World Champion left WWE in 2010 to pursue his interests in acting, as well as a career in Mixed Martial Arts.

Batista has said in recent interviews that he is interested in returning to the WWE, and listed part-time workers such as The Rock and Brock Lesnar as potential opponents. With the future of the planned Rock/Lesnar match currently unknown, it is possible WWE would push to bring back Batista to fill the role of Dwayne Johnson, who was injured in his WrestleMania match with John Cena.

It is worth noting that Batista recently landed a part in Marvel's big comic book movie "Guardians of the Galaxy" which is set to begin filming this summer.

Source: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/270999-dave-batista-close-to-a-wwe-return-possible-feud-w-lesnar

The bold part is when I stopped reading.

The bold part is when I stopped reading.

I was waiting for someone to make a comment like that. :lol:

I wouldn't mind seeing Batista back for one more run. I just hope he'd be a regular instead of a part-timer. I think we have enough part-timers hanging around as it is. WWE could really use a big name as a part of their regular programming.

According to his wiki he said "He left because He didn't like the direction the company was going in and he would not be returning anytime soon." This could have been said several years ago though. Anyway what didn't he like in particular?

PG limitations.

According to his wiki he said "He left because He didn't like the direction the company was going in and he would not be returning anytime soon." This could have been said several years ago though. Anyway what didn't he like in particular?

PG limitations.

This.

I've read similar reports to this for the past 2 years. While I'm not expecting much to come from this report, I'd love to see one of my all time favourites back, and he'd certainly add some star power to a lacking roster.

Archived