Allison Danger to Retire

TCsinger09

SHIMMER has announced that co-founder Allison Danger will retire from in-ring competition following the conclusion of this weekend’s SHIMMER Vol. 54-57 tapings in Berwyn, Illinois.

However, Danger is expected to remain with SHIMMER and take on a bigger behind the scenes role with Dave Prazak.

In a news announcement, the company said:

This past Saturday at SHIMMER 53 in Secaucus, NJ, SHIMMER fans and wrestlers alike said farewell to Ayumi Kurihara, who competed in her final match in the United States before her impending retirement in Japan during August. Additionally, this Saturday & Sunday, April 13th & 14th, we will witness the conclusion of the in-ring career of SHIMMER original and co-founder Allison Danger, as part of the SHIMMER 54-57 tapings.

Much like Kurihara, Danger has made the decision to hang up the boots as an active professional wrestler due to years of physical wear and tear on the body, along with several nagging injuries. During her almost thirteen years as a professional wrestler, Allison has traveled the world, competing in rings throughout North America, Japan, Europe, and Africa.

Danger’s first high profile exposure in wrestling was as part of the Ring of Honor promotion. She was involved in the first segment of the very first ROH event in 2002, and became a regular on the company’s roster, both as a manager and as a wrestler.

Alongside women such as Lacey, Daizee Haze, and Sara Del Rey, Danger was one of the featured female talents on the ROH roster during the promotion’s first several years.

With the launch of SHIMMER in late 2005, Allison became not only a prominent figure inside the ring as a competitor, but also played a vital role behind the scenes. During the time since, Danger has participated in some of SHIMMER’s most intense rivalries, including a series of bouts against Rebecca Knox, a variety of special stipulation matches against Cindy Rogers, and several wild brawls with her main adversary Portia Perez. Over the past two years, Allison has mainly focused on tag team competition with her “Regeneration X” partner Leva Bates.

This weekend in Berwyn, Allison Danger will compete for the final time inside the SHIMMER ring, before assuming a larger backstage role within the promotion going forward. Be sure to join us live in Berwyn this weekend!

After Charliie Haas's situation, I'm happy she's retiring for positive reasons other than resentment. I just Hope she can help bring Shimmer to Wider Audiences. The promotion done well since it's birth and it can only get better. I definitely see her going into the WSU Hall of Fame in the near future.This Also means I have to make another caw Slot for her in honor of her retirement LOL.

She retired in the SHIMMER 57 tapings and her retirement match was combined with Melissas heel turn and the beginning of her feud with Hamada. :)

After the health issues she suffered its better for her to stop now and take on, on less physical things like maybe commentary and manager appearances.

I wish her all the best for the future and much love as also a huge thanks for bringing up such a great promotion like SHIMMER to life.

She retired in the SHIMMER 57 tapings and her retirement match was combined with Melissas heel turn and the beginning of her feud with Hamada. :)

After the health issues she suffered its better for her to stop now and take on, on less physical things like maybe commentary and manager appearances.

I wish her all the best for the future and much love as also a huge thanks for bringing up such a great promotion like SHIMMER to life.

As well as focusing on family, as I believe she has a kid or two( I might be wrong, but i'm not sure.)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived