Adding renders = Corrupt CAW?

Astro Zombie

Can anyone help me with adding renders to CAWs? I've followed tutorials, but it always comes up that the CAW is corrupted.

Here's what I do, step by step.

- Open savedata

- Select CAW I want to add renders to

- Check boxes of renders I want to add

- Import renders (It says it did so successfully)

- Close PUR3 RAF3X's program

- Open brienj's CAW editor

- Open CAW (w/ render added)

- "save", and "save to" the save file

- rehash/resign using the tool in Brienj's program.

I really have no idea what I'm doing wrong here. The IDs are set correctly in brienj's program.

Here's what i do! It's always work (Credit to Nazza for this tut):

1. Inject a CAW into the game with brienj's tool
2. Save all attires in-game to fix the freezing problem
3. Extract the CAS file you want to apply the renders/selection picture to and the Save Data (I used Horizon but some people will probably use USBXTAFGUI_44)
4. Open up PUR3 RAF3X's open up the Save Data you just extracted and click on 'CAW INJECTOR/EDITOR'
5. Click on the CAW you want to apply the render/selection picture to
6. Click on 'CAW EDITOR' and tick the 'Inject CSS image' button
7. Tick the attires you want the render/selection picture to show up on and click 'Inject New Image' (Never tick both the 512x256 and the 128x128 box, do 1 size at a time or it may not work)
8. Open up the DDS file you want to inject (If you're injecting a render make sure it's the right one, e.g. if you're injecting a file into the 512x256 image make sure the DDS file's size is 512x256. If you're injecting a file into the 128x128 image make sure the DDS file's size is 512x256)
9. Exit out of PUR3 RAF3X's editor (Don't click 'UPDATE CAW' just exit)
10. Open up brienj's tool and click 'Special' along the top
11. Click 'Save resigner/rebuilder and open the CAS file that has the render applied and the Save Data
12. Open up Horizon (Or USBXTAFGUI_44) and inject the CAS file with the render applied and the Save Data.

If you already have a CAW with all the attires saved in-game you don't need to inject the file with brienj's program at the beginning as the freezing problem will have already been fixed. This tutorial i svery similar to theredrooster's but some people are saying that it doesn't work for them so I'm just showing everyone what I did for it to work. Hope this helps smile2.gif.

• 3 weeks later...

Which CAWS are you adding renders to ??? and are you going to upload them to live telling us which ones have renders ???

You have constantly been talking about Renders in a lot of Threads. Not a lot of people will be uploading with Renders so if you need Renders, It would probably be best to create/or download already made Renders and add them to the game yourself.

-------------

The Smaller dds Files never seem to work, they have always Corrupted the CAW for me, So when I Create Renders and add them, I just Inject the 512 x 256 dds Files.

Which CAWS are you adding renders to ??? and are you going to upload them to live telling us which ones have renders ???

Indy CAWs and originals. A lot of which may never be released unless I can get some PTs fixed.

You have constantly been talking about Renders in a lot of Threads. Not a lot of people will be uploading with Renders so if you need Renders, It would probably be best to create/or download already made Renders and add them to the game yourself.

-------------

The Smaller dds Files never seem to work, they have always Corrupted the CAW for me, So when I Create Renders and add them, I just Inject the 512 x 256 dds Files.

Yeah, excluding the small pic did the trick for me too. Honestly, I'm not even sure what that one is for. I'm sure they have a purpose somewhere, but in the 2-3 years I've been adding renders I've yet to see where the small one shows up.

Yeah, excluding the small pic did the trick for me too. Honestly, I'm not even sure what that one is for. I'm sure they have a purpose somewhere, but in the 2-3 years I've been adding renders I've yet to see where the small one shows up.

The small Image is the Community Creations Thumbnail :)

Archived