Lucha Libre Discussion Thread

Fried

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's on (although not really announced yet)

CMLL (FRI)Arena Mexico

***Atlantis 30th Anniversary***

Atlantis b Averno

Atlatnis was honored before the 4th match, with special guests including Okumura (representing NJPW), Guerrero del Futuro, and Fray Tormenta. There was a video about his career, his upcoming mask match with Ultimo Guerrero, and celebrity well wishes before his match. Averno took the first match with Devils Wings, Atlantis took the second with a quebradora, and Atlantis won the third with his Atlantida. Immediately after the match, Ultimo Guerrero interrupted to yell at Atlantis only for another Ultimo Guerrero to attack Atlantis from behind. The other Ultimo Guerrero was introduced as Gran Guerrero, Ultimo Guerreros younger brother. Hes assumed to be Taurus.

semi14y.jpg

I am not sure, but is it normal to have people come out and congratulate you like that do something special for people often before a big thing coming up in Lucha? I do not follow it much I used to watch AAA and got out of the habit, but know little of CMLL. Could this be a sign that Atlantis is going to retire soon?

Hmm no I don't think it's that strange for them to put on a presentation for a luchador who's in his 30th year. You could see the introduction of UG Jr as being the same sort of thing as I think it makes the contest interesting as you never really know who's going to loose their mask.

Saying that though I think if Atlantis does loose against UG he will probably retire.

There should be a few big mask/mask matches this year

UG / Atlantis

they're starting a build for LA Park / Dr Wagner

LA Park wants the winner of the UG / Atlantis too so he can take their mask. But, you know LA Park is CRAZY. heh...

• 2 months later...

It's a strange concept I agree but the way I see it at least UG wants Atlantis' mask and Volador wants Sombra's mask. If UG wants to take Atlantis' mask he's got to beat Volador & Sombra.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To be honest I'm really only looking forward to the tag team match with Atlantis & Ult. Guerrero, and maybe to the Blue Panther v. Averno hair match. other then that I'm not too familiar with most of the other guys.

Masked wrestlers are so badass watching this show, and good grief, Brazo de Plata needs to buy an "Absersizor" ASAP!

The feed keeps freezing on me. I keep forgetting it's even going on because I have various tabs open. It's hard to follow the action like this. Also hate how they have the best 2 out of 3 falls stip, I would have thought they got rid of that long ago.

Damn did Super Porky just fly off the top rope and pin three guys at once!?!

Archived