The Reason WWE Buried Chris Jericho's 'Highlight Reel'

Last night's edition of the Highlight Reel on RAW did not go well and WWE let the fans at home know it as Michel Cole and Jerry Lawler buried the segment. On air, Cole and Lawler were heard laughing, stating how bad the segment was and asking when it would end so they could go to commercial.

This was a case of Vince McMahon telling Cole and Lawler what to say through the headsets. When segments fall flat on TV and the audience doesn't respond, Vince has been known to bury the segment and those involved on air. Ths happened several months ago with a "Piper's Pit' segment.

Word is that Brad Maddox is the one that will most likely take the majority of the heat, as it was his part of the segment that most felt got awkward and embarrassing. Despite that, Triple H is very high on Maddox and he's the main reason he's featured on TV right now.

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/28508/The-Reason-WWE-Buried-Chris-Jerichos-Highlight-Reel/

I didn't find really anything wrong with the whole thing, I found commentary's burial of it needless. I've never understood the way WWE buries parts of their own show, considering it just makes them seem stupid in the end.

The problem with this whole segments not getting a reaction i find is that alot of the time live crowds cant be bothered with segments unless it's one of the main guys involved them seem to just want wrestling they dont care generally them WWE should be trawling the boards & forums if they want to really see the reaction to there tv rather than basing it off live audiences

Maddox did make that shit weird though. It was as if he forgot his lines, or knew them, but wasn't sure if they were correct or just forgot what he was going to say all together and tried to wing it.

It could be Brad Maddox's way of cutting a promo. A slow, calm talking general manager would be nice. Brad Maddox & Vickie Guerrero bring contrasting styles. Vickie is a loose cannon, while Brad Maddox is clam and calculating.

Maddox did make that shit weird though. It was as if he forgot his lines, or knew them, but wasn't sure if they were correct or just forgot what he was going to say all together and tried to wing it.

Yea, it was pretty lame, honestly. But at the same time pretty funny, it clearly showed, whether intentionally or not, how nervious he was. If anyone should be given a nervous/studdering/unsure of themselves, type of gimmick, it's definitely Maddox lol

I liked the segment. Shitting on it was a little unnecessary in my opinion. Maddox's part was a little bit weird and awkward, but I think it's kind of his thing. This time his promo did drag a little bit, but the segment as a whole was nowhere near as bad as they made it out to be.

Where did the Jeri-Tron disappear too? And why?

The whole point of the JeriTron was for the Shawn Michaels eye injury angle

Can't say for certain, but I'm pretty sure it was present way before that.

But he had the JeriTron during the segment, then it just vanished, they even acknowledged it went. What was the purpose for that?

The tone was set from the start forcing Jericho to hype up The Miz and his horrible looking action movie. It was pretty bad from a production standpoint as well with movie clips that didn't really make any sense. Cole was burying the segment even before Maddox entered.

I also don't know why they are trying to portray Wade Barrett as a joke character either, it goes against his gimmick and shows that he needs a lot more work before he can be WHC material. His Intercontinental run has been horrible so far, and I hope he loses it quickly.

For me it looks like they are building towards a Cody Rhodes face turn with a subsequent feud with Sandow. I hope this is for the IC title as it desperately needs a good feud to make it relevant again.

Can't say for certain, but I'm pretty sure it was present way before that.

it was.

Archived