"We Can Rebuild Him..."

ShatterTheSky

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feel like shedding man tears at this. Although he's a legend, Hall pissed me off with his countless failed attempts at getting back on track to having a decent life and I fully concede to being dick for giving up on him. Thank God that Page managed to be "The One" who broke through to him and finally got him on track.

Donated $10 due to the feels, bro. :')

Ugh I feel like such an asshole, but no not yet.

The guy has only been sober 40 days, do you know what a hip replacement entails? A shit ton of pain medication.
My father had a pill issue, when we told the surgeon about it he said he urged we wait until he was 2 years sober. Even then it was a very slippery slope where my dad was on the verge of diving in every time he got a pill.

I understand the thought process behind getting him fixed up, but there's issues with that.

Ugh I feel like such an asshole, but no not yet.

The guy has only been sober 40 days, do you know what a hip replacement entails? A shit ton of pain medication.

My father had a pill issue, when we told the surgeon about it he said he urged we wait until he was 2 years sober. Even then it was a very slippery slope where my dad was on the verge of diving in every time he got a pill.

I understand the thought process behind getting him fixed up, but there's issues with that.

That's true too. But I'm sure DDP know's what these surgeries will bring about, he's going to need some pain relief and that will come in the form of pills. I'm sure DDP is aware, but he'll probably still have Hall in his home after the surgery, hopefully he does anyway. Then he can just monitor Hall's use by only giving him what's prescribed and holding on to the meds himself.

Jake got shoulder surgery without relapsing. I feel it's necessary to point that out. I've never had surgery on any part of my body, so I wouldn't know if hip surgery is more painful than shoulder surgery, etc...but I feel like the pills shouldn't be a problem for Hall. Not with his current attitude (which seems to be in the right place). Also, I don't know your father (directed at Sam8Madness) but I believe there's a big difference between why Hall was abusing those drugs and why average people do the same. I honestly think that Hall was taking all the shit he was because he didn't care if he lived or died...perhaps he even wanted to die. A lot of the things he said made it sound that way. But he's in a positive place now (both literally - at DDP's house) and mentally. If any relapses seem imminent, I'm sure Jake and DDP will cut him off before things get serious.

Posted another thread about this because I did NOT see the original post (I looked a bit but maybe glossed over it because it didn't have Scott halls name in it)?... Not sure but I missed it and created another one.

Anyways, I thought a lot about "what if's" too... What IF he relapsed.. It can happen to anyone (sadly... ESPECIALLY ) Scott hall, HOWEVER... I believe in hall and what DDP is doing, and for the sake of argument... If he DID relapse, then you know what? It HAPPENS, but to me it is worth EVERY penny considering hall (and numerous other wrestlers with no help) are responsible for so many awesome memories, that you know what?... if I donated and chose NO PERK AT ALL... I'd do it a hundred times over to return the favor if I had the $. But I can't so I donated what I could and I chose the phone call to give words of ENCOURAGEMENT, not disappointment in him. Because what IF, he does VERY well, and needs that positivity to STAY clean? Maybe they create some crazy and well needed wrestler recovery program funded from the fans to help MORE wrestlers? Maybe not, who knows... BUT ... IF... That somehow happened, I'd love to have been a tiny part in that :)

$30 is nothing but a little over HALF of a ppv cost, and doesn't even go TO the wrestlers... At least this DOES, and I have no qualms about donating TO ANY AND ALL wrestlers who sincerely need help , especially hall since he's one of my favorites!

:)

I hope Hall recovers and keeps on a good road. As for hip replacements. I was 22 (2 years ago) when I had a total hip replacement. It is painful beyond words. All muscles nerves need to be taught from scratch and physio will be intense for 8 months minimum.

I hope Scott is mentally ready for what is to come as it will be the toughest part.

I wish him all the best.

Posted another thread about this because I did NOT see the original post (I looked a bit but maybe glossed over it because it didn't have Scott halls name in it)?... Not sure but I missed it and created another one.

Anyways, I thought a lot about "what if's" too... What IF he relapsed.. It can happen to anyone (sadly... ESPECIALLY ) Scott hall, HOWEVER... I believe in hall and what DDP is doing, and for the sake of argument... If he DID relapse, then you know what? It HAPPENS, but to me it is worth EVERY penny considering hall (and numerous other wrestlers with no help) are responsible for so many awesome memories, that you know what?... if I donated and chose NO PERK AT ALL... I'd do it a hundred times over to return the favor if I had the $. But I can't so I donated what I could and I chose the phone call to give words of ENCOURAGEMENT, not disappointment in him. Because what IF, he does VERY well, and needs that positivity to STAY clean? Maybe they create some crazy and well needed wrestler recovery program funded from the fans to help MORE wrestlers? Maybe not, who knows... BUT ... IF... That somehow happened, I'd love to have been a tiny part in that

$30 is nothing but a little over HALF of a ppv cost, and doesn't even go TO the wrestlers... At least this DOES, and I have no qualms about donating TO ANY AND ALL wrestlers who sincerely need help , especially hall since he's one of my favorites!

Great sentiment, and it seems like the statement in bold has a pretty high likelihood of coming to fruition. Wrestling fans have always been very passionate people. We will always come out of the woodwork to help and support our favorite performers. If DDP was to focus on starting a full-time recovery program, I think it could easily be a huge success. And you're right, it does feel good to be able to say that you helped turn someone's life around. But even a statement like that is a bit selfish, because in the end, 100% of the credit goes to Scott. He is the one who is making all of the right decisions...all we're doing is supporting him the best that we can.

I suppose in a way it is selfish but, when you're In hall's situation (from what I remember) he had mentioned at one time in an interview that he suffers from a type of PTSD and after he started having life problems, he basically felt NOONE cared about him, so hopefully he will realize that people DO care and it will at least ease his mind on that, and if he can stay busy doing positive things, it can keep his mind off of all the negativity :) I think that's the biggest thing for him. When he's idle, he thinks too much and starts going back to old habits maybe. If so then hopefully he stays busy this time! :)

(Edited because I found the person who said he suffered from PTSD)

http://kevinnash.tumblr.com/post/4798817459/remember-wrestlers-are-people-just-like-you

I really think humanity is at a low point where we'd rather give money to a murderer who used to earn millions and only needs new teeth and a hip then give money to a charity which helps starving/dying children get a start in life. Children who have never had any chances that Scott Hall had. Of course its your money, but I think it's absolutely shocking.

I really think humanity is at a low point where we'd rather give money to a murderer who used to earn millions and only needs new teeth and a hip then give money to a charity which helps starving/dying children get a start in life. Children who have never had any chances that Scott Hall had. Of course its your money, but I think it's absolutely shocking.

Lol @ Hall being coined a "murderer" when he got off on Self Defense for a reason.

Lol @ Hall being coined a "murderer" when he got off on Self Defense for a reason.

Lol at you believing justice is upheld in every court trial and siding with Scott Hall just because he's a wrestler.

If you actually watch the confession video, he says he takes the gun off the victim and shoots him. Yes the victim had a gun and went for it, but firstly, he went for the gun after being attacked onto the floor, THAT is self defense. Secondly, when Hall had the gun, he too could have chosen not too shoot. He did, thus it's murder.

Take your negativity elsewhere. This is a positive topic.

Amen to that!

Also who says any of us have NOT donated to a worthy cause! A lot of money doesn't REALLY go to needy, you have to donate services to make SURE it does, aside from all of that its not our aces to judge. When I see someone who NEEDS help. I help, I don't DECIDE who needs it. Not my place.

Not to mention (and I don't have a source for this one so take it or leave it), I could have sworn a part OF his depression and problems stemmed from the situations he couldnt stop thinking about and deeply troubled him... like that situation).

Take your negativity elsewhere. This is a positive topic.

Amen to that!

Also who says any of us have NOT donated to a worthy cause! A lot of money doesn't REALLY go to needy, you have to donate services to make SURE it does, aside from all of that its not our aces to judge. When I see someone who NEEDS help. I help, I don't DECIDE who needs it. Not my place.

Not to mention (and I don't have a source for this one so take it or leave it), I could have sworn a part OF his depression and problems stemmed from the situations he couldnt stop thinking about and deeply troubled him... like that situation).

I didn't say at all that members here don't donate to a worthy cause. What I'm saying is that the money you're spending on Scott Hall would be better donated elsewhere, even if you do already donate. Of course the donation to the charity is still a great thing, but to me it would be better giving it all to the worthy. But you can spend it how you want at the end of the day. I'm just balancing the opening video.

You got some evidence there for when it doesn't go to the needy? I'm pretty sure reading policies of charities ensures all money goes to those who you're sending it too. I could say the exact same thing about money going to Scott Hall, there's no concrete evidence. And to say he's needy is ridiculous. THE GUY NEEDS TEETH. He was earning millions and WE need to fork out money for his teeth?!!? They can play a load of sad music and have DDP and Hall all upset, but its complete bull shit in my opinion.

It's not negativity, it's just being fair really. Everyone else can praise Hall and give to him after he's messed up over and over again where the money spent will get him some new teeth, or you can actually help others survive. That's why I'm so against this cause.

It's not negativity, it's just being fair really. Everyone else can praise Hall and give to him after he's messed up over and over again where the money spent will get him some new teeth, or you can actually help others survive. That's why I'm so against this cause.

To be quite frank, I don't care about others...I care about Scott Hall.

Lol at you believing justice is upheld in every court trial and siding with Scott Hall just because he's a wrestler.

If you actually watch the confession video, he says he takes the gun off the victim and shoots him. Yes the victim had a gun and went for it, but firstly, he went for the gun after being attacked onto the floor, THAT is self defense. Secondly, when Hall had the gun, he too could have chosen not too shoot. He did, thus it's murder.

Lol you're an idiot. The guy came at him with a gun, they wrestled around, Hall got hold of the gun and defended himself, THAT'S SELF DEFENSE. The law and "justice" works just the way it was supposed to in Hall's case, he protected himself when his life was in danger, and he got off.

But yea, I'ma just get the gun and not shoot the nutcase who just came after me, because I totally trust him and I'm sure he isn't going to try to attack me again.

Lol.

I completely understand where you're coming from and I can point out a few places I've seen first hand that did not go to charity (when it was cash), but that's not the main point and I DO agree that more than just him needs help, however THIS topic is about him, and there's no point in derailing this, however we can START... By making a difference in each person one by one... Including Hall

Archived