Jack Swagger by ShatterTheSky. (UPLOADED - 5/27/13)

ShatterTheSky

Hello all. This is the first CAW I've decided to do since coming back from a short absence from CAWing that was the result of me moving. Now that I am completely moved and am fully capable of doing so, I've decided to make Jack Swagger. Swagger recently came back from six month hiatus after continuous jobbing on every show that WWE wanted him on. Now he's back, and with Zeb Coulter by his side, he's challenging Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania, in what I can see as being an incredibly interesting feud. Since the release of WWE '13, Swagger has changed his look quite a bit, and I say it's time for a replacement.

UPLOADED - Tags: Swagger, STS.

Faces_zps525fda84.png?t=1362380020

Attire 1:

Attire1_zps4a7e2b73.png?t=1362380022

Attire 2:

Attire2_zps8cf601cd.png?t=1362380016

Attire 3:

Attire3_zpsb2bbf398.png?t=1362380056

Attire 4:

Attire4_zps3348f4a5.png?t=1362380018

Old:

Face. I. NEED. HELP.

SwaggerFace_zpsb4887e41.png?t=1361955991

I am fairly stuck on the face, so ANY suggestions are welcome.

Attire:

Swagger1_zps97575f84.png?t=1361955990

Attire line up as of right now looks like:

1. Black "We The People"

2. Black Return (http://www.wwe.com/f/talent/profile/2013/02/jackswagger_1x_full_20130221.png)

3. Dark Blue & Red (From the Smackdown in which he returned).

4. Red & Blue (http://www.wwe.com/f/photo/image/2012/05/SD_663_Photo_036.jpg)

Thoughts?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "we the people" on the back needs to be smaller, with the word "the" being smaller than the rest of the letters. I noticed that during the Elimination Chamber PPV that it was smaller and I have no idea why, but, it is. It's small, but, it's a great face reference:

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/superstar_bio/public/talent/bio/2013/02/jack_swagger_bio_20130219.png

I really cant see any swagger here if i'm being completely honest mate. Is the face textured? If not it may be worth looking into. I'd personally just start over from scratch with a fresh pair of eyes, try alternative bases/skins and definitely change the hair.

I'm not trying to sound harsh or like a dick it's just i know YOU are capable of much more than this...so put it down to rust ;)

I really cant see any swagger here if i'm being completely honest mate. Is the face textured? If not it may be worth looking into. I'd personally just start over from scratch with a fresh pair of eyes, try alternative bases/skins and definitely change the hair.

I'm not trying to sound harsh or like a dick it's just i know YOU are capable of much more than this...so put it down to rust ;)

Agreed. Not seeing much Swagger in this other than the attires and body morph. Can't really give in any suggestions as the face is just not Swagger-like. Also, maybe a different hair option will be better? Since it hangs over his face nowadays.

Agreed but I remember making Swagger a few games back when he debuted and he is VERY hard to capture with the CAW mode limitations. He has a really weird face and a distinct look that needs to be nailed to pull off capturing him. Personally his in game look was my favorite Swagger look but I do like his new look. My advice would be to work on the nose and Jaw. Getting those down will sell Swagger more than anything. For the Hair I would check out my Ambrose and use either one of the hairs I used on him. He seems to be rocking a slick back that falls forward mid match similar to Ambrose.

Okay, so I'm finally back to respond to some of this. Regarding the attire, the pictures I got from the Highlight Reel were a bit worse than usual, and the attire colors aren't as off as the pictures suggest. I'll still darken the PT's until they are as good as I can get them, but I just thought I'd throw that out there.

Now as for the face. I am not happy with it, and like Hippo said, Swagger's face is very odd to try to recreate. And for the hair, I'm stuck. I don't know whether to try for a slicked back look, or the Ambrose-like way that it hangs down during his matches, so I went neutral with it.The hair pictured will not be on the final version.

And regarding a face texture, all of the in-game textures I've seen don't really appeal to me too much, so unless anyone has made one themselves that they'd be willing to let me use, I'll be doing this without one.

I'll soon have NWOldskool looking at it, and we'll see where it goes from there.

The textures I've seen look like an albino eskimo. Just keep working at it STS and it will start coming together. For the nose play with the nose size a lot and try different things to get the nose bridge to look right on the side profile.

A trick I've used for guys like McGillicutty was taking pics on my phone of their faces and bodies from Superstar Threads and seeing how THQ morphed them in game and which features they exaggerated. Prob the best ref pics you can get.

The textures I've seen look like an albino eskimo. Just keep working at it STS and it will start coming together. For the nose play with the nose size a lot and try different things to get the nose bridge to look right on the side profile.

A trick I've used for guys like McGillicutty was taking pics on my phone of their faces and bodies from Superstar Threads and seeing how THQ morphed them in game and which features they exaggerated. Prob the best ref pics you can get.

Good idea. :) I am going to start tweaking Swagger since STS and I are collabing so I'll take that into affect.

Just got this. :) Any suggestions you have either post them here or PM them to me.

I'm working on some textures for RoKaDitz on PS3. If you want, I can send them to you...

PS: It will include his new "We The People" attire

SfGB8Hz.png

PS: Credits to HotavioH for sending me his PSD file and letting me tweak his work.

Archived