Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: EVERYONE is here!

God of Lightning

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ngl unlocking 60+ characters is a little tedious. Still have about 10 characters left to get. Kinda wish it just had some kind of unlock all feature like the WWE games had. Kind of surprised at the difficulty of some of the challenger fights. Ive never lost to challengers before this game. Some have taken me 3-4 tries before I get them beat finally. Its gonna be really satisfying once I have them all though. Its an insane roster size.

Well, I think of it this way...I would have already got bored with single player mode if I wasn't unlocking new characters. I'm playing the shit out of it, because, it unlocks things in the process. If everything was unlocked, I would find the game even more tedious, tbh. Then I'd have no motivation to play it so much. I mean...there would still be multiplayer. That's all well and fine. But the unlockables are a driving force for me personally.

Also - those feels, when you realize the paid DLC is coming in 2020 for some asinine reason, and it isn't even 2019 yet. - I legitimately thought it was a typo when I read it. I thought it was meant to say February 2019. I will be done playing this game for sure by February 2020...I pity the people who pay $25 in 2018 for content that isn't available until 2020...I mean, I have some kickstarter pledges for $45 and $100 for Switch games that aren't coming until 2020...but that's because they might not have existed if I didn't pledge. This is planned content by one of the biggest game developers in the world. I'm scratching my head over here...

Edited by Generations

So what is that, a character every 3 months?

I never saw them reveal any type of schedule at all. All I heard was that Piranha Plant is free if you register your game, and that comes out in February 2019. Aside from that, they just said "between now and February 2020 for the paid content...which could mean a timed schedule like you said...or it could mean we get nothing until whenever the hell they feel like it. If it was a timed schedule, I have to imagine they would say as much...or just give us the schedule outright.

Btw...I'm still trying to figure out how a plant in a pot is meant to move freely around a stage and compete in a fighting competition. But, I guess we'll see soon enough.

Edited by Generations

Maybe I need to get SSB for the first time.

This sentence offends me more than it ought to.

I honestly feel the same.

Also, if anyone's wondering why the AI's suddenly a hella lot harder, it's likely because there were actual pro players developing game. I know two of them are Amsa and 9B. Don't remember who the others are.

As for my crappy DLC wishlist (because screw trying to predict Nintendo or Sakurai)

-Monokuma from Danganronpa (he's in two 3DS games)

-Laharl or Etna from Disgaea

-Sol Badguy or Ragna the Bloodedge

-Yuri Lowell from Tales of Vesperia

-Android 21 simply because I recently realized that she's a video game character with appearances on Nintendo hardware and her getting in would be absolutely insane.

I'm also going on the assumption that spirits are deconfimations.

I have a couple theories about DLC, and they're a stretch. But, they also said that fans would not expect the characters that they reveal. First off, you have Katamari ReRoll that just dropped on Switch. Give us the Prince of the Cosmos in Smash. I'm sure securing the rights for that wouldn't be too rough. The series hasn't exactly been booming for a while now.

Secondly, Wolverine. You just announced that you have exclusivity with Ultimate Alliance 3? Wolverine is the cover star of that game? Give us Wolverine in Smash. Alternatively, Iron-Man could work too...but I would simply prefer Wolverine.

A few other random shouts: Owl Boy, Celeste, Tiny Barbarian, Steve from Minecraft, Crash, Banjo and Kazooie...Microsoft has a pretty good relationship with Nintendo these days, so I'm not writing out any MS licensed gimmicks.

All I know, is that for $6 each, and a whole year of waiting...the content better deliver in a big way. They were right to get the Persona character out of the way early, so they can announce better content later on.

Edited by Generations

You're aware Persona 5 is a 95 on metacritic right? It's one of the highest games of all time. Be hard to get "better". And I'm not talking your opinion you're stating as though Nintendo think he is shit. The smash bros owner said P5 is one of the best games he's ever played and the menus of SSBU copied P5. Considering how high it's rated and how many copies it's sold it's not "a shit DLC to get out of the way"

And there will be no super heroes. SSB fans spam "they have to debut in a video game" all the time.

Also I heard all five are "crossover DLC from non Nintendo ip". Banjo for sure is one since the head of Xbox said he would approve if they ask

But yeah even if you think P5 sucks (you clearly didn't play it then) it's not "shit DLC" and tbh is prob the character that will get the most new players. It's the highest rated PS4 exclusive. If you want SSB to get more fans it's perfect

Take away your OPINION. What DLC can be considered better than a 95 on metacritic with millions of sales? How is a game you stated flopped on Switch a better DLC? And remember comic book don't count.

Look at angry Muur go.

Take away your OPINION. What DLC can be considered better than a 95 on metacritic with millions of sales? How is a game you stated flopped on Switch a better DLC? And remember comic book don't count.

And what game would that be? Katamari? I never said that it flopped on Switch. I said the series hasn't been doing much. It just returned on Switch (the same day that Smash released, I might add)...and that's a good thing. Katamari is a beloved franchise, you goober.

Anyway, you're taking things extremely out of context and getting all Muured up over nothing. I just meant that the Persona character wouldn't fit with what I'd imagine the rest of the content might be. I didn't mean to offend a horde of weebos.

Edited by Generations

I have a couple theories about DLC, and they're a stretch. But, they also said that fans would not expect the characters that they reveal. First off, you have Katamari ReRoll that just dropped on Switch. Give us the Prince of the Cosmos in Smash. I'm sure securing the rights for that wouldn't be too rough. The series hasn't exactly been booming for a while now.

Secondly, Wolverine. You just announced that you have exclusivity with Ultimate Alliance 3? Wolverine is the cover star of that game? Give us Wolverine in Smash. Alternatively, Iron-Man could work too...but I would simply prefer Wolverine.

A few other random shouts: Owl Boy, Celeste, Tiny Barbarian, Steve from Minecraft, Crash, Banjo and Kazooie...Microsoft has a pretty good relationship with Nintendo these days, so I'm not writing out any MS licensed gimmicks.

All I know, is that for $6 each, and a whole year of waiting...the content better deliver in a big way. They were right to get the Persona character out of the way early, so they can announce better content later on.

"Character must have originated in video games" Wolverine will literally never happen.

Don't know what tiny barbarian or owl boy are, but if Shovel Knight and Shantae couldn't make it as playable, no indie is.

Steve,...I desperately hope that doesn't happen.

Katamari, just a hunch but yeah no.

Random thought, but Saber from Fate could happen.

No Marvel dudes. Gotta keep it video game related. My prediction is there will be at least one thats a highly requested Nintendo character that people have been asking for for years. That will be the fan service one and I predict the rest will be totally out of left field picks.

Such as...?

Isn't everyone and their proverbial mother already in the game?

• 2 weeks later...

I played it for a while. Turns out it's honestly way too simplified. All attacks on one button and they only seem to have a few attacks each. Why are all attacks keyed to one button, with three buttons being jump? thats honestly really dumb. id say its the most simple fighting game I've played, and I dont really like it. I guess thats the point since it's Nintendo/kids game (yes, I know adults play it too, blah blah) but every other fighting game ive played is better