Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: EVERYONE is here!

God of Lightning

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BAYONETTA IS IN SMASH! BAYONETTA WON THE BALLOT!

Corrin from Fire Emblem Fates is in too and s/he looks awesome! I'm also loving the salt from everyone.

Both out in February. Cloud sometime later today.

I was stunned when that trailer appeared on my YouTube page. I saw that, I was like 'wait, WHAT?'

So, who else were in those ballots?

Edited by lightning116

BAYONETTA IS IN SMASH! BAYONETTA WON THE BALLOT!

Corrin from Fire Emblem Fates is in too and s/he looks awesome! I'm also loving the salt from everyone.

Both out in February. Cloud sometime later today.

I was stunned when that trailer appeared on my YouTube page. I saw that, I was like 'wait, WHAT?'

So, who else were in those ballots?

They didn't give any specific names. They just said that Bayonetta was the favorite in Europe & the overall favorite among the ballot. We can only assume that a lot of the costumes that we received during the duration of the ballot (K. Rool, Geno, Knuckles, Chrom, ect.) were popular choices.

In other news, I am quite a fan of Cloud right now. It could just be because he is new, but he seems to be pretty solid. His approach game is okay, his defensive play is good, and while his recovery is bad, limit break fixes it and makes him faster while he has it charged on top of putting on lots of shield pressure.

• 3 weeks later...

I was disappointed that Armada wasn't able to keep up with Mango in the Fox dittos. Although Mango was playing extremely well (especially given his track record in 2015), I figured that Armada would've been the one to be able to slow down the train that Mango was running on everyone. Perhaps Armada is a bit weak against relentless, fiery play-styles? Specifically, aggressive play-styles that are actually on point, and not sloppy/reckless.

Edited by Purple Rayne

Mango would've won if he didn't have to play so long straight. I think if he just had like a 15 minute break before grand finals he would've won both sets. You could tell he was exhausted by the time the reset happened. Still one of the greatest losers runs of all time though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I had what was probably 40 something matches with a guy in FG and I only got in 6 wins. The first of which came after getting brutally 2 stocked for about 10 or so games and man it felt good. After that, I started keeping up with him and even when I got stocked early, I still managed to catch back up. He was using Roy with the occasional Ike and Marth and I started with ZSS because I was using her earlier, then I switched to alternating between Little Mac and Pac-Man. 4 or 5 of my wins were Mac with the other 1 or 2 being Pac-Man.

Only downside was that I didn't bother to save any of it. By the time I thought about it, I had already got a win and it just didn't feel like there was much point without showing the start.

Nice. I love getting bodied occasionally too. Being far better than any of my friends I play with and being like the second best player at my school I only really get super bodied by like top 6 players in the state which I play pretty rarely.Those are the times I think I improve the most though

Nice. I love getting bodied occasionally too. Being far better than any of my friends I play with and being like the second best player at my school I only really get super bodied by like top 6 players in the state which I play pretty rarely.Those are the times I think I improve the most though

Thats how I learned. Only issue I have now is that I am very picky about getting my practice in at locals instead of online because of how different they are. This is a problem because I can only really go to 1 local a month, being as I don't live nearby any locals & work keeps me from going to many of them either.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

With Switch getting a Bandicoot port, it would be interesting to see if Crash will be included. Similar thing happened back when MGS made the jump to Gamecube back in the day...and we have also since seen other non-Nintendo specific characters (such as Sonic and Bayonetta). But, yeah...Snake would remain the best example for a possible Crash appearance, since that was literally the same situation.