Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: EVERYONE is here!

God of Lightning

Pretty much every Zelda and Mario character will be so easy to find because they're flagship franchises, unless your name is Rosalina and you're exclusive in America.

ZSS is one of the fastest selling amiibos as far as preorders go in other countries, so I'm fearing she'll be hard to find. That's why I'm going to try and preorder her when they do those for North America. If not, I'm still going to camp for her.

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did it for Lucina, was totally worth it lmao. That's the reason they sell so fast and why none are left, the amiibo craze has gone wild. Also, Nintendo's poor ass stocking/producing of them, too.

http://imgur.com/a/Un0hq

Here's an album of HQ images for each Wave 5 amiibo for SSB. They're all really beautiful and spot on.

Buy me Zero Suit, pls.

I love Nintendo and I always will but the way they're handling Amiibo's is ridiculous. Kind of sucks for people who do want them, personally i'd rather play a Nintendo game then collect a Nintendo figurine.

If Nintendo and the guys over Smash Bros merchandise really wanted to capitalize, they'd start making alternate costume Amiibos after every character has one. For example, Mario in his Fire outfit, Yoshi with the Light Blue look, or ZSS with her sports-wear. They could all have a different pose than the originals as well, such as Mario firing with FLUDD, Yoshi prepared to launch an Egg, or ZSS charging a shot.

Easy money for them, if only they'd go for it.

I wanna see them do a proper restock too, the way they handled a lot of them (and the stores, though I don't fully blame them) were piss poor. I saw how much stock Ness got at GameStop, that's so unacceptable for an exclusive. For Greninja, that wasn't handled too bad because a lot of the Toys R Us stores had over 50+ of him, that's how you do exclusives. Shulk's was just as bad, too.

It be cool to see other in-game trophies in real life even if not exactly amiibos. If nothing else they should have amiibos of the alt character colors like girl Robin, male WiiFit Trainer, Alph, and the Koopalings.

The moment you get into an argument over Smash characters, especially on youtube, is the moment you've already lost. Some people will say or do anything to try to justify how their character can and will be in the game.

I wanna see them do a proper restock too, the way they handled a lot of them (and the stores, though I don't fully blame them) were piss poor. I saw how much stock Ness got at GameStop, that's so unacceptable for an exclusive. For Greninja, that wasn't handled too bad because a lot of the Toys R Us stores had over 50+ of him, that's how you do exclusives. Shulk's was just as bad, too.

Wasn't handled piss poor, was handled super smart. Look at the discussions they've caused, and look at the type of hunters like you that they've bred. Intentionally understocking exclusives for something so successful is so damned smart as long as you guys keep falling for it and continue acting ravenous every time they drop. They know its money

If Nintendo and the guys over Smash Bros merchandise really wanted to capitalize, they'd start making alternate costume Amiibos after every character has one. For example, Mario in his Fire outfit

Woah woah woah stop right there. We're getting American costume Mario or nothing.

If theres an amiibo you are really wanting and not wanting to spend a shit ton of cash on one. Go to a gaming convention. The one I just went to with a friend, he bought a $50 Japanese Villager amiibo.

Spending 50.00 on an Amiibo is spending a shit ton of cash on one.

Wasn't handled piss poor, was handled super smart. Look at the discussions they've caused, and look at the type of hunters like you that they've bred. Intentionally understocking exclusives for something so successful is so damned smart as long as you guys keep falling for it and continue acting ravenous every time they drop. They know its money

Yeah, but when we complain to them and they finally decide to respond, it's "Please understand." I'm not collecting all 38 of the SSB amiibos or the rest of the ones that will come out, I only want the ones that I play in Smash. It's just pretty bad out there when certain stores aren't getting enough in tough areas like where I live and they allow scalpers to buy out whole stocks just because they can. There has to be at least rules to this shit by now when we're 4 waves in. Some of the franchise amiibo being understocked I don't get because they think they're not that popular in America, when in reality they actually are. We've embraced Fire Emblem, Earthbound, etc.

I just hope for no more store exclusives, that doesn't help the situation any more than it is right now.

If theres an amiibo you are really wanting and not wanting to spend a shit ton of cash on one. Go to a gaming convention. The one I just went to with a friend, he bought a $50 Japanese Villager amiibo.

The prices are just as bad for those. $50 is way too much for Villager when I see him online for about $35-45.

I think this last wave in America was a bit better than previous in terms of stock and quality, though. The stores around me (particularly Toys R Us) had a decent enough stock to sell of each, which is better.

Yeah, but when we complain to them and they finally decide to respond, it's "Please understand." I'm not collecting all 38 of the SSB amiibos or the rest of the ones that will come out, I only want the ones that I play in Smash. It's just pretty bad out there when certain stores aren't getting enough in tough areas like where I live and they allow scalpers to buy out whole stocks just because they can. There has to be at least rules to this shit by now when we're 4 waves in. Some of the franchise amiibo being understocked I don't get because they think they're not that popular in America, when in reality they actually are. We've embraced Fire Emblem, Earthbound, etc.

I just hope for no more store exclusives, that doesn't help the situation any more than it is right now.

The prices are just as bad for those. $50 is way too much for Villager when I see him online for about $35-45.

I think this last wave in America was a bit better than previous in terms of stock and quality, though. The stores around me (particularly Toys R Us) had a decent enough stock to sell of each, which is better.

But you don't get it, you guys complaining that you want them so bad that they need more stock is just ammo for them to continue over stocking because they know that they will sell out and profit the second they drop. If someone buys out the whole stock? Good, they just made all their money they wanted. They're not looking to create and ideal situation where everyone can get one, they're creating demand

The specific stock for each country is quite fine, it's just that when Nintendo ships these out to stores, some of the stores get a piss poor stock and it makes it extremely harder for them to get in a store compared to online. If their stocking issues are getting better that's fine, but sometimes they sell out extremely fast (I've seen them be gone in seconds from r/amiibo) and then we complain more. But, Nintendo should at least send a better stock to different retailers so that it helps the situation regardless since we've all accepted how fast they'll sell out.

The scalper/reseller problems are store issues, though. Some stores have not set limits to how many people can buy, so ultimately, the scalping issues are on the individual stores regardless of Nintendo still getting the money for it, but online there's no way anyone can stop them.

But, onto Smash's mini-direct they're getting, what could they possibly talk about that hasn't already been "leaked" or confirmed by them?

I'm hoping Snake comes back.

Edited by M.Θ.B.™

As far as the direct goes, I'm not expecting anything more than something beyond just stuff we already know about. As far as E3 as a whole, I actually think it's possible we could not get Ryu and he gets revealed at EVO because it just makes so much sense. Or we do get him at E3 and he's released at EVO.

I honestly think they're just going to announce some costumes and tell us to buy Lucas, then tell about Amiibo release dates and announce the wave after 5a/b.

I really hope we do get character announcements though. Ryu, Roy, and Snake would all be pretty hype as reveal trailers go on.

I need my Brawl main back.

Edited by M.Θ.B.™

As far as the direct goes, I'm not expecting anything more than something beyond just stuff we already know about. As far as E3 as a whole, I actually think it's possible we could not get Ryu and he gets revealed at EVO because it just makes so much sense. Or we do get him at E3 and he's released at EVO.

I could see Roy being announced at the Smash Direct. You do have a good point with Ryu though. That would be really cool on their part.

I just realized that Captain Falcon, the Earthbound characters, and Morrigan Aensland are a lot alike in that they're all characters from pretty much dead franchises that many people want revived and at this point are probably more famous for their crossover appearances than their own games. Same with Ice Climbers, except no one's clamoring for another Ice Climbers game, though(slightly off topic) I feel like if they were to get the Kid Icarus treatment, a lot of people would jump right on it probably even more so than Uprisng since they've been around since Melee.

I just realized that Captain Falcon, the Earthbound characters, and Morrigan Aensland are a lot alike in that they're all characters from pretty much dead franchises that many people want revived and at this point are probably more famous for their crossover appearances than their own games. Same with Ice Climbers, except no one's clamoring for another Ice Climbers game, though(slightly off topic) I feel like if they were to get the Kid Icarus treatment, a lot of people would jump right on it probably even more so than Uprisng since they've been around since Melee.

Captain Falcon big time, same with Earthbound. But I find people know more about Earthbound than knowing Cap is from F Zero let alone have played F Zero. He's definitely known more now for the knee of justice in smash