Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: EVERYONE is here!

God of Lightning

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voted for Dante. Capcom's already let MegaMan into Smash, so why not try my favorite Capcom character.

DMC Dante, right?

Yes. No way in hell will I ever want DmC Dante in this.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh I don't get it.

DMC Dante (The one I voted for):

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/135592/3143290-2523111071-807-d.jpg

DmC Dante (The one I don't want):

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/devilmaycry/images/9/93/DMC-Dantes.png/revision/latest?cb=20130729203537

Voted for Dante. Capcom's already let MegaMan into Smash, so why not try my favorite Capcom character.

Has DMC ever been on a Nintedo console? I think people forget that these games are a celebration of Nintendo. Megaman was a big video game character that you could only find on NES back in the day. Sonic was a big rival for Nintendo, but is now a character that has many games exclusive to Nintendo. Pac-Man's a stretch, but he also still has a number of Nintendo exclusive games. Dante has nothing to do with Nintendo.

Edited by sam the d00d

Has DMC ever been on a Nintedo console? I think people forget that these games are a celebration of Nintendo. Megaman was a big video game character that you could only find on NES back in the day. Sonic was a big rival for Nintendo, but is now a character that has many games exclusive to Nintendo. Pac-Man's a stretch, but he also still has a number of Nintendo exclusive games. Dante has nothing to do with Nintendo.

Actually yes. He is in Viewtiful Joe.

I highly doubt a cameo in someone else's game means anything. Honestly I think a large amount of characters that're gonna get suggested have all of less than zero percent chance of happening because they're going to consist of anime/manga/non-video game characters which have been confirmed multiple times since way before Smash 4 to never happen and 3rd parties that have very little to nothing to do with Nintendo or are obscure/irrelevant as all hell. Out of the 3rd parties we do have, Sonic, Pacman, and Megaman are pretty much the mount rushmore of video games alongside Mario and they all have notable ties to Nintendo. Then there's Snake who was a friend request and he's gone.

I highly doubt a cameo in someone else's game means anything. Honestly I think a large amount of characters that're gonna get suggested have all of less than zero percent chance of happening because they're going to consist of anime/manga/non-video game characters which have been confirmed multiple times since way before Smash 4 to never happen and 3rd parties that have very little to nothing to do with Nintendo or are obscure/irrelevant as all hell. Out of the 3rd parties we do have, Sonic, Pacman, and Megaman are pretty much the mount rushmore of video games alongside Mario and they all have notable ties to Nintendo. Then there's Snake who was a friend request and he's gone.

This. I doubt anymore 3rd party characters, besides any possible ones already planned, have any chance of getting in due to the ballot. I'd say the only people that will actually "make a difference" in the ballots are those that vote for 1st party characters that they actually have the rights to, but thats just me.

Tbh, I only realistically see Wolf coming back (next to Lucas) as DLC. I know they won't bring back Roy from Melee, and I like Roy from Melee. The possibilities from the Smash character requests are endless, though, so I don't know. I want Snake back, but I doubt he'll come back.