Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: EVERYONE is here!

God of Lightning

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was platinum, but didn't have notifications on... They said that you'd get no special treatment for having them on...

Would've been nice to play it early, but oh well, I'm pre-ordering the game anyway. Demo comes out next week too. I can wait.

You dont have too wait though, Check your PM!

@ Generations, no problem man I wasn't going to use all of them, I could have been a douche and sold the codes on eBay but, I figured it would be nice to help people out who didnt get a code and have been dying to play it.

I was most concerned about the circle pad, but if it's not too bad other than sensitivity I could easily get used to it.

I.. I don't know what to say... I'm touched... :cry:

Big thanks man. I owe you a solid.

I read an article earlier about people breaking their circle pad. It didn't really seem like a big problem to me, but I guess some people get REALLY into it. :lol:

I talked to someone who broke theirs, they said they were too wreckless when trying to wiggle out of grabs and thats how they broke it. Super Glue does fix it like brand new though. Just be careful with how aggressively you move it.

Waiting patiently for UPS to deliever my 3DS so I can give the demo a shot.

I really like using the Villager, didnt think I would at all. Still getting used to the controls.. Which I hate btw. Megaman is awesome too, just not very good with him at all.

Edited by Ghost.

I really like using the Villager, didnt think I would at all. Still getting used to the controls.. Which I hate btw. Megaman is awesome too, just not very good with him at all.

The controls definitely are something to get used to. On launch day, I know for a fact that I'll be changing the controls to the following;

Attack - B

Special - Y

Jump - A & X

Shield - L

Grab/Shield - R

On a side note, has anyone else tried the demo on a 2DS yet? I noticed that many people on the net have been saying that tilting is tougher due to the circle pad, but for me, its actually easier than doing so on a Gamecube or 360 controller (Dolphin). I'm wondering if that is because the 2DS circle pad is different than that of the original 3DS one.

The controls definitely are something to get used to. On launch day, I know for a fact that I'll be changing the controls to the following;

Attack - B

Special - Y

Jump - A & X

Shield - L

Grab/Shield - R

On a side note, has anyone else tried the demo on a 2DS yet? I noticed that many people on the net have been saying that tilting is tougher due to the circle pad, but for me, its actually easier than doing so on a Gamecube or 360 controller (Dolphin). I'm wondering if that is because the 2DS circle pad is different than that of the original 3DS one.

I have the 2DS and I can say I have 0 trouble tilting on the circle pad. Anyone who is running into issues are just having issues with how sensitive they are to touch it. I know this because with Link his FTilt is a better move than the FSmash so I constantly use it instead.

Attack - B

Special - Y

Jump - A & X

Shield - L

Grab/Shield - R

I have the 2DS and I can say I have 0 trouble tilting on the circle pad. Anyone who is running into issues are just having issues with how sensitive they are to touch it. I know this because with Link his FTilt is a better move than the FSmash so I constantly use it instead.

Yeah, I don't have issues on the 2DS either. Considering some guys are also breaking their circle pads, I guess people are just being way to rough on them period.

Attack - B

Special - Y

Jump - A & X

Shield - L

Grab/Shield - R

Yeah, I don't have issues on the 2DS either. Considering some guys are also breaking their circle pads, I guess people are just being way to rough on them period.

From what I hear its a case of people treating the circle pad like the old Gamecube controllers with Melee and thinking they need to have hard, aggressive movements to register the input. Takes almost nothing to register smashes and tilts on the circle pad, hopefully some will get that soon

My favorite right now are Link, Killager, and Megaman. Don't really care that much for Pikachu and Mario, but it's not like I was ever that big on them. I'm also perfectly alright with the controls. Didn't even really need to adjust to them.

The controls are nice. So natural. Only took like one two minute match for me to get the hang of it.

So is it a for sure thing that the 3DS roster is smaller than the Wii U roster? Because there are alot of people missing from the demo character select screen who are apparently in the game.

Nevermind, I just saw a thing about unlockables.

Edited by PM Bunk

First time ever playing a super smash game and i must say, it is really fun and easy to learn. My current favorites are link and megaman. Can't wait for the official release!

Wow, your first Smash Bros game? You've missed out. I'd recommend trying the others as well (at least Melee and Brawl). Personally, even with the new game here, I feel that Melee had the best gameplay. The problem lies in that it had a lacking roster. Brawl had a great roster, but its gameplay wasn't as great IMO. Sm4sh seems to have a nice balance in-between the two; it has great gameplay and a great roster.

First time ever playing a super smash game and i must say, it is really fun and easy to learn. My current favorites are link and megaman. Can't wait for the official release!

Wow, your first Smash Bros game? You've missed out. I'd recommend trying the others as well (at least Melee and Brawl). Personally, even with the new game here, I feel that Melee had the best gameplay. The problem lies in that it had a lacking roster. Brawl had a great roster, but its gameplay wasn't as great IMO. Sm4sh seems to have a nice balance in-between the two; it has great gameplay and a great roster.

This, go back and play Melee. You won't be sorry you did. Welcome to the Smash community though!

Side note: I'm saving my "Not as good as Melee" reactions for a few years down the road. Melee had about decade of Tech skill developing, most of which weren't found until the major competitive stuff shown in the documentary that made it that fun. Now people are judging a brand new game by comparing it to a game that really came into its own not even 4 years ago.

I haven't played it yet, but Smash 4 looks basically just like Brawl 2.0 from the gameplay I've watched

This is still a bold statement comparing a game no one gave a chance cause "lol I cant exploit the game to make it fast" to a game given close to a decade to grow and discover new techs. Smash 4 is faster than Brawl and has some killer mechanics that make it super fun to play. Sad part is, it will never take off because people will always come out and say "this game sucks, make me a new Project M but with this roster so I can continue to play Melee". Change upsets people, sucking at a new game does too.

I'm not upset that it's not Melee rereleased (although I wouldn't mind a Melee HD remake), and I didn't even say it was a bad thing that it was Brawl 2.0 (and I dislike Project M). I'll give it a chance when it comes out on WiiU, and it will probably be fun, but I don't expect it to be a competitive fighting game. And that's not necessarily a bad thing, it just means I won't spend all that much time practicing it.

It's also not really true to say no one gave Brawl a chance. Most of the pros at least temporarily played Brawl and realized they didn't like it. And that's not because they didn't develop it, it was just simply made to specifically not be competitive and it doesn't take long playing it to realize that.

I'm not upset that it's not Melee rereleased (although I wouldn't mind a Melee HD remake), and I didn't even say it was a bad thing that it was Brawl 2.0 (and I dislike Project M). I'll give it a chance when it comes out on WiiU, and it will probably be fun, but I don't expect it to be a competitive fighting game. And that's not necessarily a bad thing, it just means I won't spend all that much time practicing it.

It's also not really true to say no one gave Brawl a chance. Most of the pros at least temporarily played Brawl and realized they didn't like it. And that's not because they didn't develop it, it was just simply made to specifically not be competitive and it doesn't take long playing it to realize that.

1. You might not think that, but a *censored* ton of other people do, and it's sad.

2. Pretty sure Brawl was made to be more casual, which isn't exactly the same as anti-competitive. Anti-competitive implies Sakurai was actively trying to spite the comeptitive crowd, which is a load of BS..