Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: EVERYONE is here!

God of Lightning

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That can only mean one thing.

They're DLC (Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, Chorus Men).

EDIT: I don't think they're DLC anymore. Rumor has it that the 4 characters will be obtainable through connecting the Wii-U to the 3DS, a feature that has already been shown on the 3DS version.

While this is just one guy's word and must be taken with lots of salt, I believe this to be true. Four characters would fill the entire roster on the 3DS version. It would also be a huge reason to get both versions instead of just one, which would be smart on Nintendo's part. In addition, everything excluding the inclusion of these 4 characters in the "original" leaker's post has been proven to be true right down to the small details.

-------------------------------

So, who is getting Smash for 3DS on launch day? I know I am, and its not going to cost me a penny out of my wallet (thanks to a couple survey sites that I've gotten Amazon gift cards from).

Edited by Garry Moore™

I can't really see Nintendo doing that because, it seems like it'd screwing the 3DS players over, but who knows. That's also just wishful thinking from people who didn't get who they wanted. Speaking of which, Smashboards, GameFAQs, and Miiverse are SALTY and I'm loving every bit of it. My thoughts on the roster are overall pretty positive with some complaints, Oh well, maybe we will get DLC.

I'm getting it launch day and heading straight for classic mode lv.9. Master Core was freakin awesome.

I can't really see Nintendo doing that because, it seems like it'd screwing the 3DS players over, but who knows. That's also just wishful thinking from people who didn't get who they wanted. Speaking of which, Smashboards, GameFAQs, and Miiverse are SALTY and I'm loving every bit of it. My thoughts on the roster are overall pretty positive with some complaints, Oh well, maybe we will get DLC.

I'm getting it launch day and heading straight for classic mode lv.9. Master Core was freakin awesome.

I gotta ask, how would it be screwing the 3DS players over? The Wii-U version wouldn't get the characters without connecting to the 3DS version either, yet connecting them would unlock them for both versions. The 3DS version would still have the same characters as the Wii-U version either way. If you're talking about the fact that the 3DS won't have access to the characters until the Wii-U version releases, the 3DS version may not even have the characters in their data yet. The plan may have been to give the 4 characters as a reward for connecting the versions and in an attempt to release the 3DS version sooner, they left them out altogether, allowing us to receive an update once the Wii-U version has released to receive the characters.

I do like the roster though. While I'd really like to have the other 4, I'm more than content with the roster as it is.

Yeah. Still a bit upset Ice Climbers are out (maybe for the time being), but here's to hoping for DLC. It'd be cool if there's like an incentive of some sort when someone links their 3DS game to the Wii U version like secret characters or something, but I doubt it...

However, Duck Hunt Dog looks surprisingly sweet gameplay-wise and his Final Smash is pretty damn awesome.

Denial.

Just rememberd, yeah that'd still be a load because you'd be forced to have to get both games (and possibly both systems) to get the full roster. Anyone who only has one version gets left out.

Technically, we already have the full roster. Getting the characters through linking the games would be like DLC. Its possible that they'd release in both ways (You get the DLC free if you link the two games together or you can pay ___ for them). I'd accept DLC that is obtainable alternatively by linking the two games. In a way, it'd be the logical choice. Anyone that does get both gets free DLC as a reward. Everyone else gets to purchase them if they want.

Edited by Garry Moore™

Because I don't feel like getting into a drawn out argument over this, I'll just leave it at I disagree. DLC in general though, would be great. Especially if it's similar to Mario Kart 8. A character or two along with a few stages and alts every however many months would be awesome.

Also, if anything I see them using amiibos as a DLC alternative.

Edited by God of Lightning

Anyone in here that's a Nintendo Club Platinum member, you probably received 4 Smash 4 demo codes today if you met certain criteria. Its unlimited plays for these codes, but limited to 30 plays if you get the public release next week.

I can confirm Mega Man is REALLY easy to use and has super viable airs

Edited by SevenYearItch

Decided to hell with it, and just ordered a new 3DS off amazon. I was going to wait for the newer model but the idea of everyone playing Smash and the new Pokemon is too much for me haha.

Quick question for everyone playing the Demo, how is it? Really curious about the screen size, and the circle pad for the movement.

Decided to hell with it, and just ordered a new 3DS off amazon. I was going to wait for the newer model but the idea of everyone playing Smash and the new Pokemon is too much for me haha.

Quick question for everyone playing the Demo, how is it? Really curious about the screen size, and the circle pad for the movement.

Gets some taking used to, but the only issue I've run in to control wise is how delicate the circle pad is. Have to be really light if you want to tilt instead of smash. Screen size is a none issue, I'm doing just fine with it as it scales really well. Gameplay wise, its what brawl should have been imo. It has Melee mechanics (combos are the big thing), but brings some new things to the table with some edge guarding tweaks. I enjoy it and personally am going to be playing the hell out of this at tournaments along side Melee. The online for 3DS is a great asset too so I can get some tek practice in with people I know and randoms in For Glory

I find it really hard to focus on your own character and what you're doing. I often lose sight of my own character, because the screen size is just not doing the game any favors. I even have the XL 3DS...still a challenge. Also, the controls need to be changed around, IMO. Playing with the standard controls doesn't work for me at all. Everything seems counter-intuitive. Like...you'd expect "A" to be jump, because it's the bottom button...but it's not. X and Y are Jump. So, yeah...tweaking the controls is a MUST, IMO. Not sure if I'm alone in feeling this way, but I definitely can't play with the standard controls.

Thanks again for the code, btw. :cool:

Was platinum, but didn't have notifications on... They said that you'd get no special treatment for having them on...

Would've been nice to play it early, but oh well, I'm pre-ordering the game anyway. Demo comes out next week too. I can wait.

You dont have too wait though, Check your PM!

@ Generations, no problem man I wasn't going to use all of them, I could have been a douche and sold the codes on eBay but, I figured it would be nice to help people out who didnt get a code and have been dying to play it.

I was most concerned about the circle pad, but if it's not too bad other than sensitivity I could easily get used to it.