The Official Lockdown PPV Discussion Thread

Misatouki

4r87x5.png

Click here to visit the mini-site for Lockdown

-------------------------------------------------------------------

On Sunday, March 10, TNA Wrestling presents the annual "Lockdown" event from The Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas! "Lockdown" will air live on Pay-Per-View and online around the world at TNAOnDemand.com

The main event will feature a Steel Cage Match for the World Heavyweight Championship, the "Lethal Lockdown" weapons match and much more! Watch IMPACT on SpikeTV every Thursday at 8/7c for updates! TNA PPV events air on DirecTV, Dish Network, Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Charter, Cox Communications, Cablevision, Bright House, Suddenlink, Viewer's Choice and more - check your programming guide for availability.

--------------------------------------------------

| PAY-PER-VIEW LINE UP |

ynm36.jpg

World Heavyweight Championship Match in a Steel Cage
Bully Ray vs. "The Charismatic Enigma" Jeff Hardy

90woi9.jpg

Lethal Lockdown
The Aces & Eights vs. Team TNA

2i7qzas.jpg

Steel Cage Match
Wes Brisco vs. Kurt Angle

2ytpgs3.jpg

Triple Threat Tag Team Match for the World Tag Team Championships
Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez vs. Bad Influence vs. Bobby Roode & Austin Aries

5n16dw.jpg

Knockouts Championship Match
Gail Kim vs. Velvet Sky

2eqgms2.jpg

Singles Match
Robbie E vs. Rob Terry

2ym6t5h.jpg

Triple Threat Match for the X-Division Championship
Zema Ion vs. Christian York vs. Kenny King

s4qeja.jpg

Singles Match
Joey Ryan vs. Joseph Park

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm expecting this PPV to really deliver for TNA considering there are no more PPV's until Lockdown and it should have a great build up. The current match card (including spoilers) doesn't excite me too much but I'll give it a chance before I pass my final judgment on it. Either way I am really happy with the reduced PPV schedule this year.

There are a couple of rumors floating around that not all matches at Lockdown will be in the steel cage this year. While I don't like that they may go away from the tradition of the PPV, there were always a few matches on the card (of every Lockdown PPV) that had no reason to be in the cage. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

• 2 weeks later...

There are a couple of rumors floating around that not all matches at Lockdown will be in the steel cage this year. While I don't like that they may go away from the tradition of the PPV, there were always a few matches on the card (of every Lockdown PPV) that had no reason to be in the cage. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I actually wouldn't mind if they went back to what Lockdown was supposed to be, the Xscape Match and Lethal Lockdown inside a cage with the rest of the card having no cage. I do with they'd bring back the gimmick matches within the cage though. Table Matches etc.

It seems to be confirmed that there will only be three cage matches for Lockdown this year: Wes Brisco vs. Kurt Angle, Lethal Lockdown, and the World Heavyweight Championship match. As I said before, I think this move is for the best. Before, when Lockdown was just one of twelve PPVs, it needed a concept to help it stick out from the rest. An all-cage event helped it do that, but now that TNA are down to four PPVs a year, and with Lockdown now being known as TNA's cage-match PPV, they can do away with all the matches on the card needing to be in a cage.

Many matches, throughout all the Lockdown PPVs, really had the cage there as nothing more than a decoration.

Sorry for not being able to update the card. I recently moved out, and with my computer in a storage, I've only been able to get on here, via mobile.

Edit: Nevermind, I borrowed my girlfriend's shitty laptop.

Archived