what do you think about the shield?

Jackbu187

I like them, but lately there haven't done much that would make me really interested in them like I was towards back in November/December.

I agree with M3J about them wrestling on shows instead of every other month on PPV - first TLC now Elimination Chamber.

If they play their cards right, they'll proabably be big stars in a couple of years.

Dean Ambrose has the mic skills, wrestling skills (although not really great, but can tell a story), charisma, and just about everything else other than the typical "look" I supppose.

Seth Rollins is good in the ring, definitely not as good as most of his fans make him out to be...he can be charismatic sometimes, mic skills are a little bit average at best.

Roman Reigns is the greenest of the group, but still has potential. Wrestling-wise he's average, mic skills are lacking but his look makes up for it, for sure.

Their promo on RAW seemed a bit weird, a least from Reigns and Rollins - they both seeemed uncomfortable at times, unlike Ambrose, who did really well. Reigns' speaking seemed forced a bit. I feel like the only thing he's good at is yelling.

Exactly this for me.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing that Dazman says can be taken with any credibility. It's clear he has the hipster mind-set about hating Ambrose because he's popular. It's obvious he can cut a serious promo because he's done it dozens of times and has built up a huge fan-base so that overalls your statement there.

"You all shoved him down my throat" ... like that's a reason to completely disregard someones talent. He's been a huge disappointment because he's been placed with The Shield and hasn't been allowed to flourish under the character everyone thought he was going to have.

The thing is...nobody ever shoved anybody down his throat. The only people who have actually shoved anything down anyone's throat are the haters of the Shield and Ambrose, who constantly make it known that they don't like them. Okay we get it - He sucks and is boring, has no talent, can't talk on the mic, has a stupid face and smells like butt. K then.

No, fans of the Shield and fans of Ambrose have shove either down people's throats or hyped either up so much that it's gotten so annoying.

Who want's to see The Shield kick ass at Elimination Chamber? :)

Don't care as long as it's entertaining. Loved that fall Seth took at TLC, and the powerbomb from teh top rope onto a table.

them coming down through the crowd and attacking someone, and that being all they do, besides having 1 match at 1 ppv, is getting stale. they need to start having matches on RAW or/and SD. but can still gangup on someone to. have them individually dominate someone like Santino or (i hate to say it cause i do like the guy) Ryder, or Gabriel, even a 3v1 vs Khali ect. then they bolt through the crowd after the match.

I honestly wish the crowd would just turn on them and kick the shit out of them in the audience. That would be far more entertaining than seeing a pointless random attack.

Nothing that Dazman says can be taken with any credibility. It's clear he has the hipster mind-set about hating Ambrose because he's popular. It's obvious he can cut a serious promo because he's done it dozens of times and has built up a huge fan-base so that overalls your statement there.

"You all shoved him down my throat" ... like that's a reason to completely disregard someones talent. He's been a huge disappointment because he's been placed with The Shield and hasn't been allowed to flourish under the character everyone thought he was going to have.

The thing is...nobody ever shoved anybody down his throat. The only people who have actually shoved anything down anyone's throat are the haters of the Shield and Ambrose, who constantly make it known that they don't like them. Okay we get it - He sucks and is boring, has no talent, can't talk on the mic, has a stupid face and smells like butt. K then.

No, fans of the Shield and fans of Ambrose have shove either down people's throats or hyped either up so much that it's gotten so annoying.

Finally we have an intelligent poster in here. If you hadn't have made out Dean Ambrose was Gods gift to Wrestling I may have given him a chance but the Shield have been so repetetive and boring now for 4 months that I can't give them a chance. It's the same shit all the time, they'll beat on someone followed by Goldberg making the save only to get beat down as well. It's the most boring thing WWE ahve done in a very long time and honestly I can't wait to see the group disband. Dean Ambrose is nothing and will never have anything on a Legend like "Rowdy" Roddy Piper so anyone who even thinks of comparing the two is dillusional.

Finally we have an intelligent poster in here. If you hadn't have made out Dean Ambrose was Gods gift to Wrestling I may have given him a chance but the Shield have been so repetetive and boring now for 4 months that I can't give them a chance. It's the same shit all the time, they'll beat on someone followed by Goldberg making the save only to get beat down as well. It's the most boring thing WWE ahve done in a very long time and honestly I can't wait to see the group disband. Dean Ambrose is nothing and will never have anything on a Legend like "Rowdy" Roddy Piper so anyone who even thinks of comparing the two is dillusional.

Yeah but comparing him to Festus is completely fine. You say you don't like him 'cause people overhyped him? Oh.. well... Why do you like Roode then? When he broke out people started to act like he's Jesus himself. Just be honest and say you don't want to like him instead of acting as he's actually bad.

I definitely can understand the hype for Ambrose, considering his promo on Raw. He's pretty damn good.

But Roman Reigns is the leader, even if there isn't a leader. He has that look and presence about him which is very charismatic. He even comes down the stairs by himself, because he's the badass of the group.

Seth should just not talk...

Lol yeah, he sounded so out of place on Raw.

The hype for Ambrose is a bit much. From everyone's views on him you'd think he was better than the Rock and Austin combined.

Reigns is a total bad-ass, but he should stick to short sentences and roaring, it makes it more effective. They also need a new finisher, I'm not feeling the powerbomb.

It doesn't matter anyway, they'll get beat at EC and fade into the background till WM.

Oh he mad.

You're still a hypocrite. You shove Kaitlyn down our throats as you do with your hate for Ambrose.

Kaitlyn is only treated as Gods gift to wrestling by me not the entire Internet to the point that we await the debut and are disappointed. Dean Ambrose is nothing more than a generic Festus wannabee.

Lol Wtf?

Oh he mad.

You're still a hypocrite. You shove Kaitlyn down our throats as you do with your hate for Ambrose.

Kaitlyn is only treated as Gods gift to wrestling by me not the entire Internet to the point that we await the debut and are disappointed. Dean Ambrose is nothing more than a generic Festus wannabee.

Lol Wtf?

I tried to make it make sense in my head. I failed.

Dazman. People are either

A: fans of Ambrose since his indy days and just excited for Ambrose's debut and think he will accomplish alot. Apparently there are a lot of people who are fans of Ambrose during his indy days. What you see is merely people excited for him and he has loyal fans, who defend him when people blatantly say he has no talent. Saying they shove Ambrose down people's throats is a mere hyperbole.

B: Different people have different tastes, it seems quite a bit of people think the Shield is entertaining. There is no need to prance around like your opinion is the only valid one.

Yeah but comparing him to Festus is completely fine. You say you don't like him 'cause people overhyped him? Oh.. well... Why do you like Roode then? When he broke out people started to act like he's Jesus himself. Just be honest and say you don't want to like him instead of acting as he's actually bad.

Who the hell overhyped Roode the way all you have done with Ambrose? and the fact is Roode backed up all that hype in the ring in the main stage and held the TNA World title longer than anyone in history. Ambrose has done f*ck all in WWE and you all treat him like God. Give me a break, he is nothing but a generic, overrated Indy wrestler.

Who the hell overhyped Roode the way all you have done with Ambrose? and the fact is Roode backed up all that hype in the ring in the main stage and held the TNA World title longer than anyone in history. Ambrose has done f*ck all in WWE and you all treat him like God. Give me a break, he is nothing but a generic, overrated Indy wrestler.

Again, blatant hyperbole

Except beat down Ryback what has he done in WWE? Absolutely nothing. If disliking the Shield makes me the most hated user on this forum then so be it because I couldn't care less. I'd rather stand by my opinion than follow a crowd of sheep that think Ambrose is bigger than the entire WWE.

Read my post above man. I can empathise.

Though Ambrose is a pretty damn good promo cutter.

Except beat down Ryback what has he done in WWE? Absolutely nothing. If disliking the Shield makes me the most hated user on this forum then so be it because I couldn't care less. I'd rather stand by my opinion than follow a crowd of sheep that think Ambrose is bigger than the entire WWE.

Dude, there is absolutely no need for all these strawmans and outrageous hyperboles that you are throwing out, nor all the raging you do. These is nothing wrong with you not liking Ambrose. You merely don't like Ambrose and that he has an established and loyal fanbase, and feel the need to attack them for whatever reason. Nobody on Caws regards him as a god or bigger then the WWE, so you can stop with that shtick

Your not the only one who dislikes them. All 3 of them are shit in the ring.

I love The Shield. Ambrose had some stellar promos down in FCW and on the independents and though everytime he comes out with his stable I feel myself wanting more, he still offers a unique and compelling voice to the group. Then, of course, he had several of fantastic matches against Seth Rollins in FCW, in addition to great matches with William Regal and one with CM Punk.

Rollins is arguably the most well-rounded wrestler of the group thanks to his athleticism and technical experience, although he lacks in the dramatic department. However, I thought he showed tons of improvement on RAW this week, namely in how his dialogue felt more natural and he maintained a somewhat sinister tone of voice that wasn't cheesy like one of his former NXT compatriots (McGillicutty pre-face turn).

I haven't seen enough of Reigns to say he's as great as his stablemates, but I dig his shouting, his size and the intensity with which he hits hits his big moves during attacks.

The one thing I'll always say about The Shield is how complementary each member is to the other. Reigns is the stoic muscle who's more likely to knock you on your ass than say a word; Rollins is the technical acrobat with a sort of artsy appeal girls will dig; and Ambrose is the masochist who'll put his body through anything and then still get up to his feet long enough to run his mouth. It's an absolutely terrific combination.

I am glad that the group's getting more decisive direction for the first time since TLC; their attacks were definitely getting repetitive. I really want to see some long-term commitment to a particular rivalry with The Shield or to start integrating them as individuals on the roster. That seems like the next logical step in order to keep them from getting irreversibly stale.

First impressions:

Why are they dressed like Big Bossman?

Where have I seen this mentality before, who are they copying?

Why does Roman Reigns look like the rock, and remind me of a pissed off Rocky Maivia?

In recent weeks:

Still don't know why they look like Big Bossman.

I've come to the conclusion that they, in fact do have Big Bossman's mentality mixed with Right to Censor.

I did some research on Roman Reigns. I found out that he is part of the Anao'i family, he is Leati Anao'i, The Rock's cousin. However if you know about the Anao'i-Maivia family then you would know that they are "Cousins", but that dosen't really explain why Roman Reigns looks like The Rock.

The Other Guys:

Seth Rollins

He's Boring

Dean Ambrose

I've been impressed with his mic skills over the past few weeks, I don't know about his in ring abilities.

A: fans of Ambrose since his indy days and just excited for Ambrose's debut and think he will accomplish alot. Apparently there are a lot of people who are fans of Ambrose during his indy days. What you see is merely people excited for him and he has loyal fans, who defend him when people blatantly say he has no talent. Saying they shove Ambrose down people's throats is a mere hyperbole.

B: Different people have different tastes, it seems quite a bit of people think the Shield is entertaining. There is no need to prance around like your opinion is the only valid one.

It's not a hyperbole, based on what I've seen.

Though, it hasn't gotten me to hate the Shield, the hype they've gotten has made me annoyed and wary of them. Though the biggest crime the writers have done is make them do the same shit almost every week. Notice how I blame the writers and not the Shield. And how I said almost every week, and not every single week.

I mean, there's not even been a match on regular show yet. Considering the amount of wrestlers they pissed off, you'd think someone woudl challenge any of them or all three of them to a match rather than wait until PPV. Writers need to come up with new stuff.

It's not a hyperbole, based on what I've seen.

Though, it hasn't gotten me to hate the Shield, the hype they've gotten has made me annoyed and wary of them. Though the biggest crime the writers have done is make them do the same shit almost every week. Notice how I blame the writers and not the Shield. And how I said almost every week, and not every single week.

I mean, there's not even been a match on regular show yet. Considering the amount of wrestlers they pissed off, you'd think someone woudl challenge any of them or all three of them to a match rather than wait until PPV. Writers need to come up with new stuff.

But what I have been seeing is mostly

*Shield appears on*

Person A: What a bunch of no talents

Person B: They are talented dude

Person C: Yeah

Person D: Agreed, they are talented

or

*Dirtsheet Report: Dean Ambrose is signed*

Person A: Hey, Dean Ambrose is debuting!

Person B: Yay!

Person C: Yay!

Person D: Yay! I think he is going to do alot

Person E: Yay, I think he is going to debut in an awesome way on the main roster

Or

*Shield appears on TV*

Person A: Hey, its Dean Ambrose!

Person B; I wonder what Ambrose is going to do

or something else to that effect. I distinctly remember all those happening. I hardly consider that shoving him down everyone's throats. Just loyal fans and excited people with very high exceptions

Anyways, the rest of your post, respectable opinion.

I won't mind if you dislike them very much, but nobody has claimed or implied Ambrose to be a god of whatever, bigger then the WWE or anything really outrageous. Although he is very guilty of having a very vocal fanbase I will give you that, and he is overhyped, his fans are numerous on the IWC and really do have really high expectations of him.

That's what I take issue with.

Oh okay, yeah, that is exaggeration. I don't remember seein that either, but he is pushed down our throat or rather, hyped too much. I don't see him bein constantly brought up in threads not related to him, so pushing is unfair.

Same. I prefer letting them let us see how he does with our own eyes. Besides, just because he was good in the indies doesn't mean he'll be that good in WWE.

Archived