Game Of Thrones (No Book Spoilers)

TheHavoc

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, now I'm all caught up...

DAMN, DAENERYS *censored*ED UP.

I don't think this season is as bad as people are making it out to be with the petitions and all that. Yeah it's rushed, but not too bad lol

All caught up...well, 5 mins left on last week's episode. My dad needed me to go with him to Home Depot...I'm so pissed. :lol:

Congratz, I'm proud of you.

But yeah, the more I think about it, the more Season 8 feels it wasn't AS bad as some claim or think.

The finale was.. bad. Underwhelming.

Thank God it's over. What an absolute abomination of a season. Think the finale was actually the worst episode of the season, which says a lot. Inconsistent character developments, no follow-ups to story arcs, rushed scenes. Just underwhelming all around.

Should have let the Night King kill all these degenerates.

Man Im super sad that it over. Fun season, not the best. Not as bad as people are highly overreacting.

Figured Dany would die and Im glad it happened. Figured the iron throne and its symbolising would die. Strange that they decided to go for a kingsmoot and strange that they went with Bran, but I can completely understand why. There is probably no one better to be king, especially with that small council behind him.

Perfect ending for Jon. He was never going to be Aegon Targaryen and he swore off Jon Stark years ago. He is Jon Snow, his own person and the only place he ever truly felt like that was at the wall. So Im glad hes back there and with his buds and his dog.

Super happy for Sansa. About time, although Im surprised the other lords didnt start demanding independence as well, although its not like that world ended so Im sure King Brandon will have to deal with that in the future.

Curious choice for finish Aryas arc. I suppose it makes sense. Just like Jon she was never gonna have a place at court and a life on the road so to speak is probably best suited for her. Channeling her inner Alissa Farman there.

Good stuff. Cant believe its over. :( I hope the next damn book comes out soon.

I liked this season too for the most part, but that season finale was just not satisfying to watch at all. Idk maybe I'll feel differently after I sit on it for a while, maybe not. I mean, I guess it was unpredictable. I do wish there were a couple episodes more just to flesh things out a little. I was mad late on this show, but I don't regret watching it at all. Regardless of how things went down, I don't think it changes the fact that this is one of the greatest shows of all time.

https://twitter.com/bethisloco/status/1130341245170020353?s=19

WATER

More episodes would have made this season better, Dany's turn and death felt way too quick. Foreshadows were there, but it took one maybe bad act for Varys to turn on her, and one act (extremely horrible nonetheless) for Tyrion and Jon to turn on her and for Jon to kill her, without considering what she lost. At the very least, I kinda would have loved to see Jon and Dany war each other. Other than that, Dany's death was foreshadowed, I guess, but other than that I'd have loved to see her be queen.

Sansa was great, and I'm happy she got the ending that she deserved.

Wish Jon could have been king as well, but as long as he's happy and at peace.

Bran as a king is weird, and if he can really see the future, then did he just let tons of people in King's Landing die just so he could become the king? Or is this him trying not to interfere because of what happened with Hodor? Loved how Sansa just told everyone Bran's dick doesn't work though.

We finally get the closure we deserved, Jon petting Ghost. :')

Jon and the Starks did know that Jon didn't have to honor their promise to send him to the Black after the Unsullied were going to Naath, right? But then again, Jon is honor.

Also was amused at how Sansa told her uncle to sit down.

Tyrion seeing Jaime's corpse was just heartbreaking. :(

You know...

There's high chance that Dany isn't dead. Or the dragon is taking her somewhere to be revived. Either way, it doesn't matter since the show is over. But, yeah...even that felt kinda open-ended to me. One clean stab...a tiny trickle of blood down her cheek, she's gingerly picked up by a dragon, and flown away.

For some reason, I was expecting her to get up, get mad, and stab Jon or something. Like, somehow she did some magic where a stab wouldn't affect her, or she had tremendous willpower, or Drogon's magic. Would have been a "holy shit" moment.

For some reason, I was expecting her to get up, get mad, and stab Jon or something. Like, somehow she did some magic where a stab wouldn't affect her, or she had tremendous willpower, or Drogon's magic. Would have been a "holy shit" moment.

I was happy that everything went exactly as it did. Her jumping right up would have fallen flat. But like I say...it was a very open-ended scene. The way that everything happened made it seem like they could do stuff with any of the characters at will. Could be like 5 spin-offs coming. :lol:

At the very least, I kinda feel like a series about Arya going West of Westeros could be a thing.

I was happy that everything went exactly as it did. Her jumping right up would have fallen flat. But like I say...it was a very open-ended scene. The way that everything happened made it seem like they could do stuff with any of the characters at will. Could be like 5 spin-offs coming. :lol:

At the very least, I kinda feel like a series about Arya going West of Westeros could be a thing.

Woulda shat my pants tbh, I think Gregor's the only one who could take a stab and keep on moving. The Hound too. OH and Arya, she was stabbed few times and still escaped the Waif.

Yeah, and there are magicks that could help Dany. I'd love to see a series focused on Arya though, provided we get fun stuff. I enjoy seeing her fight and be badass.

Just snuck in the final episode while waiting for a plane.

Honestly, I was pretty pleased. I think every living character got the ending I would have wanted them to get. I guess I kinda wanted Grey Worm to die, but yeah.

Except Bran. I really didn't want Bran to take the throne, that was a HUGE letdown. I maintain that if they wanted someone other than Dany/Jon/Tyrion on there, it should've been Jaime. Have Brienne nominate him the way Tyrion did Bran, rather than have their closure being here amending his history. The only good thing that came of Jaime's death was the scene of Tyrion finding his body, God that was emotional.

I also kinda feel like....they knew Bran was a lackluster choice? The really satisfying crowning/throne taking was Sansa in the north, and the episode even presented it as being a grander occasion than Bran taking the throne of the 6 Kingdoms. So that's weird.

I wish Bronn had a scene in which Tyrion pays him his due and offers him the "Master of Coin" title, rather than him just popping up at the end, and I wish Tormund got some dialog with Jon, just to get one last nice one liner out of him. Also I'll be damned if I didn't tear up a bit when Jon and Ghost reunited, especially after such a shit farewell.

Since others are talking about spinoffs, I'd be down for any of these: Arya's journey West, Jon & Tormund building a Wildling civilization beyond the wall, Tyrion trying to run the city with Bronn, Brienne, Sam & Davos. The last one purely as a limited series, because it'd be hilarious in the short term.

Aaron Rodgers and Dennis Quaid are not happy with the ending either. And tbh, it'd probably have been much better if they added more time or episodes instead of rushing through.

Aaron Rodgers and Dennis Quaid are not happy with the ending either. And tbh, it'd probably have been much better if they added more time or episodes instead of rushing through.

1. Did you not read what was just said?

2. Who the hell are these people and why does it matter?

Archived