Game Of Thrones (No Book Spoilers)

TheHavoc

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Extreme gore and violence has always been advertised with this show, I don't see why anyone would be saying "It's just too much", with that said.

I knew what would happen to Oberyn, by accidentally spoiling myself on the Songs Of Fire & Ice wiki. I just didn't know how, it sucked because I was really beginning to get behind Oberyn, but it was great to me how he actually died. When the Mountain had his thumbs deep in Oberyn's eye socket and his head began inflate and pop like a balloon, that was sick. In a good way.

Knowing that, I also know Tyrion's fate. But I just wonder if the show is going to alter how exactly it happens to him, just like they did with other things from the books that have made it onto the show.

Last nights episode, was somewhat of a letdown for me, as I find The Wall scenes the most uninteresting, but I like that Jon has grown to be less of a pansy. And the fat guy really showed his bravery throughout that whole thing after being punked since the middle of the first season. Seeing whats her face die didn't really do it for me, as they've been separated for so long, and the fact that she tried to kill him, I just don't see Jon's interactions with her after that fact, being a realistic scenario. Though one can argue she knew what she was doing and wasn't trying to kill Jon at all. But the little boy nodding to Jon after he killed her made me laugh out loud for some reason.

UPDATE

RIP The Hound. Good riddance Tywin Lannister. Shae was a bitch.

• 2 weeks later...

Hound and Tywin dying was shit, but expected. Both needed to happen to advances things. Can't see the Lannisters lasting beyond next season as the ruling family even with Stannis occupied beyond the wall. Not really sure what Brienne does now, she's found Arya and been told to *Censored* off and musn't believe Sansa isn't where she was going. Danaery's stuff was the low point of the season, again. The Bran stuff wasn't great either, but at least that wasn't every episode, sometimes multiple times. Worried it might start going a bit too fantasy next season, hopefully a Varys/Tyrion buddy up and looking foreword to Bravos and that being expanded on, hopefully more of the Light God and whitewalkers being explained too.

Arya letting hound die was just the completion of her new personality as a heartless killer filled with vengeance, me thinks. Seeing Tywin die and Tyrion getting his revenge made that episode, and I actually liked the Bran scenes a lot, I think all the complaints of the show becoming too fantasy are pretty ridiculous, as it was clear from the very first episode, this was a fantasy show and not based on actual history. I mean there are dragons, giants, and people being reborn as White Walkers. It was clear from day one that this was a fantasy show, what the producers & GRRM do well though is they still leave that tinge of realism in to make things interesting and all the worthwhile, like the brutal violence, the sex (molestation, rape, incest), the personal issues each character deals with, whether it's Arya being driven by revenge or Jon Snow being torn between the girl he loves and the invading army trying to kill them all and inhabit their land, to even Tyrion's attempts to overcome his less than ideal physical appearance, a father who hates him, and a sister full of spite, despite all of this he still finds a way to rise above it all. That's just my view though.

I also found it hilarious how people on the net after the show aired were blaming Tyrion for what he did to Shae and labeling him the bad guy, this being the only girl he ever loved (as far as the tv series goes), only to find out that either she really didn't love him at all, or took his attempts to keep her safe and away from his father and transformed that into her own personal hatred against him. She showed no remorse for what she did to Tyrion, NONE, even going as far as to call Tywin the pet name that Tyrion only thought was meant for him, "my lion". She still tried to kill him after being met with him in Tywin's quarter's, she got what she deserved if you ask me. Betrayal hurts, it's even worse at the heart of that betrayal lies a woman you cared greatly for.

I just can't wait until next season, as the Lannister's surely begin to crumble with essentially no leadership with Tywin gone. I think Cersai will find out she isn't as equipped as she thought she was to keep the family and it's name in the position it was in with Tywin around. And remember Jaimie can't become King, he gave that up. The Danery's stuff is starting to bore me quite a bore for me, I just don't understand them half the time, I also am anxious to find out if the guy who was a spy ever comes back into her company or what.

Why are there some dicks who read the books who just love to spoil the show for everyone.

I know right?The comment section on every Youtube video on Game Of Thrones is like full (FULL) of spoilers...

Like someone said (can't remember,it was someone on the comment section of a GoT video...) "The comment section is dark and full of spoilers" based on the GoT phrase...I think it was "The Night is dark and full of Terror" (Melisandre ? )

Why are there some dicks who read the books who just love to spoil the show for everyone.

I know right?The comment section on every Youtube video on Game Of Thrones is like full (FULL) of spoilers...

Like someone said (can't remember,it was someone on the comment section of a GoT video...) "The comment section is dark and full of spoilers" based on the GoT phrase...I think it was "The Night is dark and full of Terror" (Melisandre ? )

It wasn't even a GoT video. It was a video about the TMNT movie and some guy in the comments was just giving away spoilers.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Was debating with myself for a long time about watching this season considering this season will spoil something from the books and Winds of Winter is still far away, but as soon as I wake up tomorrow I know I'll be straight on it. Its a pain being a fan of both mediums right now :(

I need to watch the episode again. I was admittedly a bit drunk last night, so I think I missed a lot...or, I should say, was confused with a lot. The episode seemed slow to me, but I don't think it necessarily was. I think I just missed the important stuff.

I was stone sober and I thought it was a little slow as well. I just took it as a world-establishing episode, so nothing major could really happen

I caved in and prematurely watched the second episode. I really enjoy the new season so far, it is excellent and gradually branching out all the different character arcs and slowly progression. The quality of the leaked episodes isn't half as bad as it was made out to be though.

Mance Rayder is such an awesome character in the books, such a shame that in the TV show that haven't made him anywhere near as interesting and gave him next to no time on screen. Don't think he was cast particularly well either, I imagine show watchers really don't care about him much at all.

I actually quite liked him and the actor too, I was sad about him being gone so quickly from the show. I haven't read the books (I'll probably wait till they are all out and the series on tv is finished as well) but I would've liked him to be more of a relevant character.

Archived