Game Of Thrones (No Book Spoilers)

TheHavoc

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was funny considering Joffrey's body was right next to them the whole time. And when they kept bumping the platform his body was on..Lulz. Fitting end for an asshole. I still can't see the younger son of Cersai & Jaime becoming King, best case scenario is again, it eventually goes to Tyrion. Worst case scenario, the kid still being such a minor character will become king, but will simply be Tywin's puppet.

You guys who read the books, do those "being's" at the end play some vital part of the books or something?

I look at it like this, whoever the White Walkers are, the one's they showed at the end, are the superiors. I think White Walkers are just another race that makes up Westoros, like how we've been introduced to the Mutaneer's, the name implies they're mutant's of some sort. I think the White Walkers are a race who are adept to extremely cold conditions, which is why they've rarely been seen, and the ones shown at the end are the superiors of that race. I think somewhere down the line we'll be introduced to a King and it seems as if they have a council already (there was a group of clothed Walkers in the distance at the end). I don't know, it was a good ending, it's got me thinking to say the least.

K after a quick google search, this seems to be the case, I think HBO screwed up because after the show aired, HBO's sypnosis called him the "Night's King", then quickly removed it, seeing as this character has apparently been hinted at by the books and speculation amongst fans of the books have been going on for a while now about who the "Night King" actually is.

Was wondering why the show was barely mentioning them despite other characters' clear fear. Makes sense if nothing's happened in the books.

It's quite strange as the show watchers generally don't seem that impressed by that scene, whilst book readers are in utter shock. A huge role reversal, I'd be surprised if it happened again this season.

You guys who read the books, do those "being's" at the end play some vital part of the books or something?

I look at it like this, whoever the White Walkers are, the one's they showed at the end, are the superiors. I think White Walkers are just another race that makes up Westoros, like how we've been introduced to the Mutaneer's, the name implies they're mutant's of some sort. I think the White Walkers are a race who are adept to extremely cold conditions, which is why they've rarely been seen, and the ones shown at the end are the superiors of that race. I think somewhere down the line we'll be introduced to a King and it seems as if they have a council already (there was a group of clothed Walkers in the distance at the end). I don't know, it was a good ending, it's got me thinking to say the least.

K after a quick google search, this seems to be the case, I think HBO screwed up because after the show aired, HBO's sypnosis called him the "Night's King", then quickly removed it, seeing as this character has apparently been hinted at by the books and speculation amongst fans of the books have been going on for a while now about who the "Night King" actually is.

Book

Barely anything is said about them which is why HBO stupidly revealing he is The Night's King has caused such a stir. And as there is no POV for their "race" we still have no idea about them tbh.

Also, the mutineers

are not mutants. They are the black brothers that killed Mormont at Crasters and decided to stay, breaking their vows to the Nights Watch.

Are those the ones Jon's girlfriend was from? Regardless, one of them was roasting a foot in the first episode of the season..Soo, one of them are eating people...And I'm pretty sure the Mutineer told that kid he was going eat his dead mother before sending him to Castle Black to tell everyone about it.

That's what I'm saying though, aren't they The Mutineers? Or are the people Jon was with for like the whole third season, The Mutineers? I'm aware of the people Bran are with, I still recall the episode where they all killed the guy, which Jon first escaped, I think.

I just never heard the term "Mutineers" until the last episode or so, so I assumed they were the bald one's with the markings, which if my assumption was correct, are cannibals. But they probably aren't the Mutineers and I have it mixed up.

Mutineers is just a term to describe the old night's watch people, or people who are complicit in a mutiny, that is some of the group of people Jon was with for season 2.

The people who attacked the village were wilding's and the bald cannibals. The wildings are who Jon was with for most of the later part of season 3.

• 2 weeks later...
I think that there was unnecessary violence and gore at the final scene...

It was *censored*ing brutal, when he was delaying the killing it seemed obvious he'd die, but that was sickening, the screaming just added to how gruesome it was. Hard to believe a man being skinned alive wasn't even close to be the most shocking thing in the episode. I'm going to guess the mountain dies from his injuries and Tyrion gets off through that, the God's decided after all.

How can anything in Game of Thrones be unnecessarily violent?

They made the ending even more brutal than I ever imagined it could be. Absolutely sick last shot.

Ez1RzsW.jpg

I am not talking about the kill... but about the after scene...

When after Oberyn is dead we get to see his whole head blown out...That was just too much in my opinion

Archived