Game Of Thrones (No Book Spoilers)

TheHavoc

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite surprised this isn't more talked about on here, given how popular The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad threads are. But anyway, I'm crazy excited for the new season. Can't wait to see where they go with Jamie, and him sort of turning into a good guy. Dragons are getting big too! :D

Me too man ! BUT since I started watching Breaking Bad and finished it the bar is quite high.Not that Game of Thrones is bad But Breaking Bad is a masterpiece and there will be difficult to surpass this

• 2 months later...

I just recently started re-watching the series and I still find myself on the edge of my seat for the most part. I never read the books before so my first time watching it there was a lot I didn't understand and a lot of things I didn't expect to happen, happened. What happened to Ned at the end of season one and the "Red Wedding" in particular. Those, to me, were to holy sh*t moments and I was completely thrown for a spin haha. I almost completely swore off of GoT after the "Red Wedding" but the show is so damn good I can't stay away.

Anyway, I'm currently on episode three of the third season and for some reason I find it more enjoyable to watch the second time around as I find myself catching the little things I missed the first time around. I'm glad I decided to re-watch it as its given me a better understanding of what is going on as season four approaches. And if it is anything like the previous three seasons, as far as quality of acting and special effects, I'm sure we will not be left disappointed.

But yeah, after having watched the series I haven't definitely decided to purchase the books and see if I can catch up to the TV series by the time, or before, we reach season five of Game of Thrones. Which I doubt as I've heard the books are massive and I haven't picked up a book in ages haha. But oh well, should be worth a shot.

I just recently started re-watching the series and I still find myself on the edge of my seat for the most part. I never read the books before so my first time watching it there was a lot I didn't understand and a lot of things I didn't expect to happen, happened. What happened to Ned at the end of season one and the "Red Wedding" in particular. Those, to me, were to holy sh*t moments and I was completely thrown for a spin haha. I almost completely swore off of GoT after the "Red Wedding" but the show is so damn good I can't stay away.

Anyway, I'm currently on episode three of the third season and for some reason I find it more enjoyable to watch the second time around as I find myself catching the little things I missed the first time around. I'm glad I decided to re-watch it as its given me a better understanding of what is going on as season four approaches. And if it is anything like the previous three seasons, as far as quality of acting and special effects, I'm sure we will not be left disappointed.

But yeah, after having watched the series I haven't definitely decided to purchase the books and see if I can catch up to the TV series by the time, or before, we reach season five of Game of Thrones. Which I doubt as I've heard the books are massive and I haven't picked up a book in ages haha. But oh well, should be worth a shot.

Same here, started rewatching recently. Only up to Ep4 of the first season but I agree completely that you pick up a lot of different stuff on second watch. I think sometimes, for me anyway, especially with the few shows I get into it, it can get to be a bit of mad rush to get to the next episode.

I'm not too much into TV but this is really a fantastic show.

You would catch up and go past it. Season 5 won't be for over another year, maybe two. The books are very easy to get through quick.

That's a relief to hear. I haven't read a novel in quite some time so I don't know how much I'll struggle with it but hopefully not too much.

Same here, started rewatching recently. Only up to Ep4 of the first season but I agree completely that you pick up a lot of different stuff on second watch. I think sometimes, for me anyway, especially with the few shows I get into it, it can get to be a bit of mad rush to get to the next episode.

I'm not too much into TV but this is really a fantastic show.

It really is! When it first came out I remember watching just the first episode on HBO and not really being too intrigued by it. Perhaps because I didn't quite what was going on or who the characters were but I decided that I was going to give the second episode a shot before completely giving up on it. However, before I could I was sent out of town for work and never gave the show a second thought. That was about three years ago or so.

I don't know why I suddenly decided to pick up the first season but I am glad I did. I watched the first season and I was hooked so I bought the second and the third and here I am re-watching them again, haha.

I'm not a heavy ready of fiction but if at first I found the TV series daunting to get into, I came into it late as always, the books frankly scare me shitless.

I really prefer watching things on DVD when I can get through 2-4 episodes in one sitting. I don't have the patience to wait for a weekly series.

Not sure if it's a popular talking point but does anyone have a favourite house?

AFFC can be a difficult read first time but most manage to plow through it and appreciate it more on a second read through.

Yeah, I think I've heard of people struggling a bit to read through AFFC but hopefully by the time I reach the fourth book I'm pretty well read and familiar with G.R.R.M's stuff.

I'm not a heavy ready of fiction but if at first I found the TV series daunting to get into, I came into it late as always, the books frankly scare me shitless.

I really prefer watching things on DVD when I can get through 2-4 episodes in one sitting. I don't have the patience to wait for a weekly series.

Not sure if it's a popular talking point but does anyone have a favourite house?

I'm the same way, believe me. I can't stand having to wait an entire week for another episode on any show. Especially if left on a cliff hanger, like GoT likes to do. I'd much rather watch the episodes one right after another, which is what I did with the first three seasons. I even considered skipping out on the fourth season completely to read the books and try to catch up, then wait to watch season four on blu-ray. I'm still considering it tbh but I highly doubt that will happen. I like the show too damn much to hold off an entire year to watch it, haha.

As far as favorite houses go, I like to think of myself as a Stark fan, although their aren't many member's left.The Lannister's are certainly growing on me, especially after season three. I don't know though, It just seems like there is still so much to be revealed and so much is unpredictable that your favorite house could be wiped out completely at any turn. Haha, I guess that's what makes this show so great.

That's one I thing I love about the show, while of course the show is fictional I think it's got it's roots from a real time in history. I'm interested in history, peerage, dynasties and all that. I love the idea that a whole family tree can get hacked into total oblivion, roots and all, in the space of 55 minutes. :lol:

I think for me at the moment the house or group that appeals to me the most are the Brotherhood Without Banners.

Pretty awesome opening episode, first episode I've watched (as I've only read the books).

I have noticed things seem to be out order in continuity on the show with the books, hopefully it doesn't screw anything up with the show (I'm sure it won't).

Awesome, awesome, awesome show last night! Lots of good stuff between Tyrion and Bronn, the Hound and Arya, and I think I found my favorite character for this season in Oberyn. I can already tell it's going to be a great season and next week, The Purple Wedding!

Honestly I saw it coming, the guy was a huge dick.

I only began watching about a season ago in full, but watching from the first season, I realize there's specific things that made these people what they are. Joffrey didn't always seem like a dick, but I think the bullying from Tyrion along with becoming aware that he was the product of a incest relationship is what turned him into what he became, also the fact that he was always sheltered and was a little pussy from day one. Tyrion & Jamie and the little Stark girl seem to be the only ones who have remained the same as they've always been, though Tyrion has become more in tune with others feelings, as seen with his relationship with the whore girl whose name escapes me, and how he regrets being forced to wed Stark's daughter. The little Stark girl is turning into the killer she's always wanted to be, and Jaime seems to be getting softer. I hope Tyrion lives, he's arguably my favorite character throughout the show. I can do with or without Jon Snow for some reason. But Joffrey was a prick, I'm glad he died. I doubt it was Tyrion either, it was either the old broad from the house of whatever (the ones marrying into the Lannister's,) or the was-to-be Queen, you can tell by the way she watched him during that whole ceremony, she wasn't very fond of him anyway. I think it's just a huge set up, like how they ended last season, they want to do the same thing to the Lannisters.

Why is there so much confusion/debate over who did it? They couldn't have made it anymore obvious if they tried. I actually thought having read the books that they might have tried to implicate more people, but as soon as I saw the first recap segment before the first episode it was obvious how they were going to run with it.

I doubt the younger Lannister boy will be named as King, I doubt that fully for some reason. He's been such a minor character so far, many people don't even know his name. So far, he's merely an extra for the Lannister party scene's and when it seems they're world is close to crumbling, like when Stenis attempted to take the throne but failed. I think a swerve is going to happen, Tywin realizing that the Lannister's must keep their throne and legacy, it's either going to be himself, Jaime or Tyrion. Despite it seems like both Tywin & Cersai hate Tyrion for what he is. Jaimie being the only one who seems to love his little brother, Jaimie also seems like he doesn't have any desire to be king, and Tywin may know that Tyrion is the only one with any real smarts and has the brain to be a competent ruler. I think before the season is out Tyrion will finally take the throne. What supports this theory is, remember at the end of season 1, when Tywin made Tyrion the King's Hand, he knows Tyrion is smart and has the proper mind to rule a Kingdom.

Another thing is, I think some repercussions will come about for Cersai & Jamie, Jaime & Cersai were the only ones who rushed to Joffrey's aide, and Cersai cries out "My son!" and with both her an Jamie being the only ones to rush to save him, I think before the season is done, the secret will be revealed that Joffrey was never the rightful heir to the throne in the first place, being that he's the product of an incest between Cersai & twin brother, Jaimie.

Archived